Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Charlotte business leader: L.A. “scares the hell out of me”
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaX 07

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Charlotte business leader: L.A. “scares the hell out of me” Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/05/charlotte-business-leader-l-a-scares-the-hell-out-of-me/#comments

Does anyone see any merit to this? Do we honestly think there's even a small chance Jerry would move the team to LA?

I can tell you one thing, if he did, I would no longer be a fan of this team. This would just be a travesty.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like Richardson really has fought to keep the team in Carolina. I think maybe another team bites on moving to L.A. before the Panthers though. My assumption would be Jacksonville or KC would be willing to move more than Richardson.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
shaX 07

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PantherDE90 wrote:
It seems like Richardson really has fought to keep the team in Carolina. I think maybe another team bites on moving to L.A. before the Panthers though. My assumption would be Jacksonville or KC would be willing to move more than Richardson.

I initially felt the same way, however remember that Mr. Richardson isn't getting any younger, and as mentioned here, he is the recipient of a heart transplant, meaning there's no way he is going to live as long as some other healthy older folk. And it could come unexpectedly, given the circumstances.

I just feel like, he is going to want to win a Super Bowl at any cost (Bye Hurney) and if he feels the team has a better chance to win a Superbowl by being in LA than why wouldn't he do it?

I dunno, maybe i'm just paranoid. I would just be devastated if the team left Charlotte. I don't live nearby or anything, but I just love the city of Charlotte and this team being there and it just would never be the same team if they moved to the scum city of LA.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if JRs health deteriorates i could def see him selling the team and them being moved. until there's a new younger owner who says he's not moving the team this is something we should be worried about. that being said i'm getting to the age where football just isn't that important anymore so if they move my team i'd probably stop watching all together

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
if JRs health deteriorates i could def see him selling the team and them being moved. until there's a new younger owner who says he's not moving the team this is something we should be worried about. that being said i'm getting to the age where football just isn't that important anymore so if they move my team i'd probably stop watching all together

What age might this be? I would like to know because if I ever feel this way about Football than I dread becoming said age Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the Panthers moving. We always sell out our games. The fan base is too strong and the Panthers are too well planted. Too many people make money from the Panthers to move them.

If it did ever happen though I would never feel the same about football again. Teams belong to the regional fans, and the Panthers were perfectly designed for the region, quite literally, everything down to the mascot, the shape of the logo, colors.
boondock

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard for me to see the Panthers moving with Richardson still owning the team. He fought long and hard to bring football to the Carolinas, I can't see him pulling out that quickly.

Another owner though, means another story.

I suspect we'll see a team like Jacksonville, St. Louis, or San Diego make the move to LA before the Panthers. Their plan for moving makes much more sense.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

We are constantly 6th in the NFL(except that year we were 7th) for home attendance. Go us.

SuperCam Career stat track.
48 GP
11,299 Pass Yards
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
panther dude

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeahhh, Rich wont even put our logo in the middle of the field, he's not gonna let this team go anywhere.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just had our 100th consecutive sold out game. I think we will be just fine here in Charlotte.

^^Peppers90^^
shaX 07

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FriendlyEnemy wrote:
We just had our 100th consecutive sold out game. I think we will be just fine here in Charlotte.

Really? I'm pretty sure a lot of those weren't truly sold out. Sounds like a situation where the organization bought up the remaining tickets to sell out the game.

I was at the abysmal season opener in 2010, Vs Tampa Bay when Jimmy Clausen got to play, and that game had a Ton of empty seats. I can't imagine That many people decided they couldn't come after buying tickets.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
FriendlyEnemy wrote:

Really? I'm pretty sure a lot of those weren't truly sold out. Sounds like a situation where the organization bought up the remaining tickets to sell out the game.

I was at the abysmal season opener in 2010, Vs Tampa Bay when Jimmy Clausen got to play, and that game had a Ton of empty seats. I can't imagine That many people decided they couldn't come after buying tickets.

the home games are always full of empty seats and huge groups of the opposing teams fans. i'd say BOA gets taken over by other fans more than any other stadium in the league. that attendance stat is misleading as all hell. of course having a team that isn't terrible year in and year out would help

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
FriendlyEnemy wrote:

the home games are always full of empty seats and huge groups of the opposing teams fans. i'd say BOA gets taken over by other fans more than any other stadium in the league. that attendance stat is misleading as all hell. of course having a team that isn't terrible year in and year out would help

Most of the seat purchases are corporate purchases anyways. The hospital system that owns the hospital I work at, Carolinas Health System, has roughly 150 tickets and 2 boxes for every game. They are always sending out ticket requests on Friday's for people that want to go to the game and always have tickets left over that they put on StubHub Friday evening. The only tickets available to non corporate or non PSL fans are those in the upper deck, probably 90% of the lower deck tickets are corporate tickets. So that corporation has to find people who want to go to games.

The losing culture is why many people do not frequent games. With the way downtown Charlotte is built, it's just as easy for someone to go to a bar, where their price will be a third the cost to watch the game with other fans and watch the team struggle and lose. Not to mention, the stadium is nothing special, there's nothing that wows anyone coming through. The exterior is beautiful, but once you get inside, he's very underwhelming.

There is a lot of rumors swirling around right now about stadium renovations being done over the next 3-5 years that will take a year. The team will look to play games at Williams Bryce Stadium (Columbia, SC) and Clemson. There has been several talks of a 300M tax referendum being put on to the ballot in Charlotte to fund stadium renovations; with the Panthers and Bank of America throwing in another $150M. 225M of that was to be a retractable roof to some sources that live in Charlotte, the rest was for modernization and updating of the current look. The plan was to add another 7-9 thousand seats as well. The reason for the modernization is the hopes that Charlotte could host a SuperBowl. A SuperBowl the Panthers will probably not play in.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love if we hosted a Super Bowl. Probably won't happen in the next 10 years tho Sad

PSN id - Kemikalmbalinsce
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

California officials have been courting Carolina owner Jerry Richardson in the hopes of bringing Panthers to LA -- with no luck so far.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: