Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Free Agents - Who do you want?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1444137-2013-washington-redskins-free-agent-wish-list?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=washington-redskins

Good list by Tom Natali here.

1. I'd hope for Salary Cap penalty abolishment.
2. Re-sign Fred Davis
3. Cut Morgan in favor of Mike Wallace
4. Cut DHall in favor of Sean Smith
5. Sign Dashon Golston
6. Cut Jamaal Brown, sign Sebastian Volmer

Then you have Orakpo, Carriker, Meriweather and Helu return. That'd be sick. Unlikely it happens, but great roadmap

I personally think signing Wallace would be waste because we already have what he brings in Garcon, so in place of him I would go after Bowe or Wes Walker (both who I think we can get at a cheaper price than Wallace). I agree with the move's of bringing back Davis and the signings of Smith and Volmer. If we can't Volmer, Ryan Clady is also a FA (but we would have to see if he could play the RT position being as though he plays LT) Instead of of going after Golston I would give the money we would give to him and split that among Reggie Bush and Rey Maualuga or a LB like Anthony Spencer. We would address the Safety position in the draft.
you're picking some guys that i think will be out of our price range. Bowe is going to get Fitzgerald type $. Mike Wallace won't, he's also a down down field threat, different than Garcon IMO. Garcon is a tough catch guy who breaks tackles and can take it to the house but doesn't have many over the top speed catches. Aldrick Robinson is that guy for us.

Clady is a pro bowl LT. He will never play RT, at least not for us.

Don't need Reggie Bush or to be paying a Rb a big salary as they always get hurt.

Cutting Fletcher and signing Maualuga would be a good move. Might be more expensive to do that though.

Signing Golston would be the best thing for our D. We need a safety like he or Byrd

I think Wallace will for sure get paid more than Bowe and Welker. Clady was brung up because of his dayz under Shanahan and he already knows our scheme. Like I said he would only come here or would be targeted only if he was versitile enough to play RT instead of LT. I think the combination or Bush and Morris would be great. Morris the power guy and Bush as the speedster. These are just my opinion nothing is guaranteed.

Bush was once targeted by us as well.....

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
Dro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just Talib and Reggie Bush for me.. Maybe even Rolando.
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I'm going to add another name and we should be able to get this guy for like a 3 year deal paying him a few million a year.

Pat Sims, NT Cincinnati Bengals.

He is 26. 6'2, 335 lbs. seems like a great fit for our 3-4 system. This would allow us to move Cofield to DE. Having Cofield, Bowen, Carriker and Jenkins in our rotation at DE would be amazing. Then Neild and Baker as back up NT's.

I like that, and never hated the idea of moving Cofield back to DE. Only when we have a legit DE to take his place. Until then I like what they are doing with Barry. If we could get a guy like Sims and Baker and Nield could rise up and be the breathers for him, I'd be happy.

I know you didn't like the idea of them using BC as NT, but they've done a decent job with it. And I too hope they don't decide to "be content" with the position or the DLine as a whole.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'm going to add another name and we should be able to get this guy for like a 3 year deal paying him a few million a year.

Pat Sims, NT Cincinnati Bengals.

He is 26. 6'2, 335 lbs. seems like a great fit for our 3-4 system. This would allow us to move Cofield to DE. Having Cofield, Bowen, Carriker and Jenkins in our rotation at DE would be amazing. Then Neild and Baker as back up NT's.

I like that, and never hated the idea of moving Cofield back to DE. Only when we have a legit DE to take his place. Until then I like what they are doing with Barry. If we could get a guy like Sims and Baker and Nield could rise up and be the breathers for him, I'd be happy.

I know you didn't like the idea of them using BC as NT, but they've done a decent job with it. And I too hope they don't decide to "be content" with the position or the DLine as a whole.
yep. I totally agree with your whole post. If like to sign Simms because he's big and seems like he could be a run stuffer for us. (6'2, 335)

Barry can play LDE and move to NT on passing downs IMO.

Simms is also in the age range we target he's going to be 28 in January, just coming off of his rookie deal and then being restricted this year. (I think)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckleyBoy wrote:
my problem with bush is that he's going to want to be a focal Part of an offense where ever he goes. Well that isn't happening here. I think he'd be more expensive than what we pay our 3 young RBs and he'd cause problems in the lockeroom demanding the ball more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PSID412

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my list

WR Joshua Cribbs
Our new Kick and Punt returner and catch the odd pass too
TE Fred Davis
Resigns with us as I don't see much of a market for him
RT Andre Smith
Yes he has weight issues but he is a good right tackle and we need that
OLB Manny Lawson
Solid backup linebacker
CB Sean Smith
Hall gives up far too many big play and Smith is Solid no thills player just what our secondary needs
S Dashon Goldson
Our safety are not good Goldson is a major upgrade

^ Awesome sig by Mike23md
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PSID412 wrote:
my list

WR Joshua Cribbs
Our new Kick and Punt returner and catch the odd pass too
TE Fred Davis
Resigns with us as I don't see much of a market for him
RT Andre Smith
Yes he has weight issues but he is a good right tackle and we need that
OLB Manny Lawson
Solid backup linebacker
CB Sean Smith
Hall gives up far too many big play and Smith is Solid no thills player just what our secondary needs
S Dashon Goldson
Our safety are not good Goldson is a major upgrade
i like it except for Andre Smith- I don't think he's athletic enough to play in the zbs. As footy pointed out before most of our OL aren't really out of shape, the are leaner- that's not Andre Smith. I think the Bengals keep smith around.

The RT I want to sign is Sebastian Vollmer from New England or Ryan harris who is back healthy and starting for Houston at Rt and then continue to develop Tom Compton.

Last edited by turtle28 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:
my problem with bush is that he's going to want to be a focal Part of an offense where ever he goes. Well that isn't happening here. I think he'd be more expensive than what we pay our 3 young RBs and he'd cause problems in the lockeroom demanding the ball more.

That was the exact problem with him before when we targeted him

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, if we're saying "there is no salary cap," then I'll go with:

Sebastian Vollmer (doubt he'll leave New England)
Sean Smith / Chris Houston
Jairus Byrd / Louis Delmas
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Oh, if we're saying "there is no salary cap," then I'll go with:

Sebastian Vollmer (doubt he'll leave New England)
Sean Smith / Chris Houston
Jairus Byrd / Louis Delmas
cut Moss, Hall, Brown and work like hell to get the cap penalty lifted- which I'm sure they are. That would be 30 million freed up
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:

That's why I think we draft this kind of player. The guy Shanahan wanted Eddie Royal, then Brandon Banks to be. I think they highlight a few of these guys on their draft board, to be honest.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:

That's why I think we draft this kind of player. The guy Shanahan wanted Eddie Royal, then Brandon Banks to be. I think they highlight a few of these guys on their draft board, to be honest.
well my other problem is that I believe Helu runs a 4.4, is fast quick, explosive and is that type of player. It's too bad he got injured, he's a dynamic playmaker that I think people forgot we have.

Now. I'm not against taking another Rb, I'm sure we will but I hope it's not till late in the draft again. There are Rainey types available in the late rounds. Rainey was a late 5th.
Ktizzzlee21

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First i'd try to sign Fred Davis to a 1 year deal..if he wants a long term let him walk. Sign Dustin Keller from the Jets to a 3 year deal.

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie , I would use all my resources to sign him to a 5 year deal, then restructure Deangelo Halls contract to free up more cap in 2013, and a bigger hit in 2014 when we have the 18 mil back.

Rashad Johnson, sign him to a 3 year deal. Talented Safety and only 26 years old.

I'd sign 1 or 2 offensive lineman for depth..not sure which .

For the draft use our first four picks for the bpa on defense, then add depth along the offense, i wouldn't mind even drafting the best punter in the draft in round 7.

Or even a QB in the 5th-6th round that Shanahan can develop , be our 3rd string for a year or two till we trade cousins

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ktizzzlee21 wrote:
First i'd try to sign Fred Davis to a 1 year deal..if he wants a long term let him walk. Sign Dustin Keller from the Jets to a 3 year deal.

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie , I would use all my resources to sign him to a 5 year deal, then restructure Deangelo Halls contract to free up more cap in 2013, and a bigger hit in 2014 when we have the 18 mil back.

Rashad Johnson, sign him to a 3 year deal. Talented Safety and only 26 years old.

I'd sign 1 or 2 offensive lineman for depth..not sure which .

For the draft use our first four picks for the bpa on defense, then add depth along the offense, i wouldn't mind even drafting the best punter in the draft in round 7.

Or even a QB in the 5th-6th round that Shanahan can develop , be our 3rd string for a year or two till we trade cousins
i don't know about giving DRC that kind of deal. He hasn't been that great in Philly and he's one of the worst tacking DBs in the NFL.

For now- I'd say we don't need to take a qb there, unless we trade Cousins of course. I'd much rather have depth where we don't have it added late in the draft.
lavar703

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam Shields and William Moore. I also wouldn't mind making a big play for Mike Wallace but I doubt we could afford it...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: