Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Free Agents - Who do you want?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
Seymour is old. Shanny likes FA in their 20s.....I just dont see it

We had an old team in 010 so thats an excuse. I agree and disagree you guys do realize we are potential contenders we beat the SB champs we have a very good offense that needs a defense.
team sucked in 2010 also because we were old.

Quote:
Richard Seymour for one or two years would not hurt, would it hurt you ? our team is already young. Why do you think the pats like to get a bit of older vets ?
I do agree with this, but I don't think we can afford him. He can go somewhere and start for a few more years, he shouldn't get starting $ from us because we don't need a new starting DE we have 4 capable DEs who can start.

Quote:
Not saying im gonna die if he comes but we are able to sign vets who maybe wanna just win a SB or contend period we are not gonna over pay but if we do than why are you guys brining up about seymour than we should just give up on other FA's.
why wouldn't he go to the ravens, Patriots, 49ers, broncos, Flacons, or packers or other playoff teams who are a little older, a few more vets and more than just a playoff team, a true contender who's was knocking on the

Quote:
And what players do you wanna re-sign I like Rob Jackson but he is expandable sadly as well as London although I wouldn't mind him back you also have Fred Davis .

Basically its just Fred Davis we want and again no excuses about cap we have had CAP TROUBLE for years and went trough it its been even reporteded or rumor that its nothing to us .
I'd rather re-sign Lorenzo Alexander, Rob Jackson, Fred Davis and Kory Lichtensteiger than to sign Richard Seymour and Charles Woodson at this point in this teams development. those players can be with us for 3-7 more years, not a one and done or two and done aging vet. I'd rather sign any # of DBs than to sign Rochard Seymour. If comes at the vet minimum, he can replace Golston's role on our team but I have a feeling he'll be offered a lot more money and a chance to start somewhere else.

Quote:
I know you guys want youth but honestly we also have to realize there are vets avalible for two years or just one enough to help us win a SB this is now the time to strike do you really believe RG3 legs will last ? do it while his legs are in his prime ! yes he needs his legs .
our opportunities for the super bowl lie in the future and the development of current and future talent, not getting a last missing vet to go with one of the youngest teams in the nfl. I think we are still a few pieces away and our secondary needs rebuilt- NOT- our DL. As far as rg3 goes, I don't think we'll have to worry much about him running in a few years, I think he'll become more of just a scrambler qb, than a qb we have as active piece of our running game like the 2012 version,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
team sucked in 2010 also because we were old.[/quote]

Yea but we are young and unlike 2010 we got into the 3-4 and picked the wrong guy to call the plays and the player never fit. Maybe if we stuck with the 4-3 that whole year could of been different on D atleast .Also we put in a claim for Jason Babin and hes what ? 32? we did it for good measures the team lacks pass rusher that are consistent i fully expect us to target DL man that Seahawks game is full proof.

Quote:
I do agree with this, but I don't think we can afford him. He can go somewhere and start for a few more years, he shouldn't get starting $ from us because we don't need a new starting DE we have 4 capable DEs who can start.
[/quote]
But our DL players are medicore while Seymour is a legit 3-4 starter that still plays at a high level and is a leader on the field and off the field and honestly if london doesn't return than he could step in the role for us considering how he plays for the fans n not him self. Any one can agree Seymour is a big upgrade if he came remember our D was skins worst in a long time.

Quote:
why wouldn't he go to the ravens, Patriots, 49ers, broncos, Flacons, or packers or other playoff teams who are a little older, a few more vets and more than just a playoff team, a true contender who's was knocking on the door
Why not us? our O where better if not on the level of those teams if our D idk maybe got better we can easily be knocking on the door too and more!he liked playing for Oakland so I think he wanna target more of a starting fan base environment but we are contenders.

People needa realize we could of went 12-4 or 13-3 if healthy on D we lost to seattle not because of just RG3 leg but a poor D overall that we couldn't depend on .

Quote:
And what players do you wanna re-sign I like Rob Jackson but he is expandable sadly as well as London although I wouldn't mind him back you also have Fred Davis .
Quote:

I'd rather re-sign Lorenzo Alexander, Rob Jackson, Fred Davis and Kory Lichtensteiger than to sign Richard Seymour and Charles Woodson at this point in this teams development. those players can be with us for 3-7 more years, not a one and done or two and done aging vet. I'd rather sign any # of DBs than to sign Rochard Seymour. If comes at the vet minimum, he can replace Golston's role on our team but I have a feeling he'll be offered a lot more money and a chance to start somewhere else.

I dont mind Kory or Davis yes they should be re-signed NO for ROb or Alex we dont need them there expandable . And I don't want Woodson honstly i just ment if we could get him cheap than why not we have a ton of picks next year and cap would it really hurt to have vets to help out? the younger PLAYER are the ones who want money.

Quote:

our opportunities for the super bowl lie in the future and the development of current and future talent, not getting a last missing vet to go with one of the youngest teams in the nfl. I think we are still a few pieces away and our secondary needs rebuilt- NOT- our DL. As far as rg3 goes, I don't think we'll have to worry much about him running in a few years, I think he'll become more of just a scrambler qb, than a qb we have as active piece of our running game like the 2012 version,[/quote]
[/quote]

How can any one sit here and not say DL is a need? we dont even have a real NT ,Jenkins was not that good nor Bowen again we wher ein last place almost on D for GREAT REASONS! our secondary was better than our DL we pretty much blitzed and the secondary atleast got turn overs if we rushed 4 than our D got torched.

Everthing on the D needs to be upgraded im sick of this " we dont need a DL " talk if that was the case why out of a sudden we just blitz alot more ? because finally Haz knew the D couldn't rush with 4 with poor pass rushers .

And it doesn't matter vets this year or not we have all of our picks and cap space why and I want every one to read this part " hurt us next year ? " Ed Reed and Lewis are old as heck but helped won the SB again for the ravens along with Boldin! I dont llike vets but be realstic our O was good as heck and if our D is good we can go far we have the O now its the D you also have your Cap and picks next year soooooo whats the excuse? why not favor the best player and not the younger players you basically only favor younger when your teams too old and not going no where or a vet thats done. Im basically talking about vets that are not done YET but can help us this year.

Why wait whats the problem .
Ktizzzlee21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Restructure Deangelo and sign Bradley Fletcher to a 3 year deal. Draft Phillip Thomas , safety from Fresno State in the 2nd rd. PLEASE we need talent!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ktizzzlee21 wrote:
Restructure Deangelo and sign Bradley Fletcher to a 3 year deal. Draft Phillip Thomas , safety from Fresno State in the 2nd rd. PLEASE we need talent!

Restructure DeAngelo Hall. Agreed

Sign Bradley Fletcher, eh, I'd rather have Kyle Arrington.

Draft Phillip Thomas, while I would love to have him, I would really like to have Baccari Rambo.

Rambo is a playmaker and he has played in big time games. Thomas is on the cusp but its hard to say what he is going to amount to be. He has loads of talent, but we will have to see what the combine brings out of him.

I just see Rambo being that elite talent that is hard to pass up.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I wrote about Rambo in the 2013 NFL prospects thread and I stick by it.

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
I see people throwing Bacarri Rambos name out there a lot. I watched a good amount of Georgia games this past season and Rambo was a big disappointment. Rambo benefitted from the constant pressure being applied by the front 7. IMO Shawn Williams, the other Georgia safety, was much better than Rambo. I thought Rambo played soft a lot of the time. He shied away from the tackle and will get owned by the physical receivers in the league. I can think of at least 10 safeties I would take over Rambo and that's not an exaggeration.

mike23md on the sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Quote:
team sucked in 2010 also because we were old.

Yea but we are young and unlike 2010 we got into the 3-4 and picked the wrong guy to call the plays and the player never fit. Maybe if we stuck with the 4-3 that whole year could of been different on D atleast .Also we put in a claim for Jason Babin and hes what ? 32? we did it for good measures the team lacks pass rusher that are consistent i fully expect us to target DL man that Seahawks game is full proof.

Quote:
[/quote]
But our DL players are medicore while Seymour is a legit 3-4 starter that still plays at a high level and is a leader on the field and off the field and honestly if london doesn't return than he could step in the role for us considering how he plays for the fans n not him self. Any one can agree Seymour is a big upgrade if he came remember our D was skins worst in a long time.

Quote:
why wouldn't he go to the ravens, Patriots, 49ers, broncos, Flacons, or packers or other playoff teams who are a little older, a few more vets and more than just a playoff team, a true contender who's was knocking on the door
Why not us? our O where better if not on the level of those teams if our D idk maybe got better we can easily be knocking on the door too and more!he liked playing for Oakland so I think he wanna target more of a starting fan base environment but we are contenders.

People needa realize we could of went 12-4 or 13-3 if healthy on D we lost to seattle not because of just RG3 leg but a poor D overall that we couldn't depend on .

Quote:
Quote:

I dont mind Kory or Davis yes they should be re-signed NO for ROb or Alex we dont need them there expandable . And I don't want Woodson honstly i just ment if we could get him cheap than why not we have a ton of picks next year and cap would it really hurt to have vets to help out? the younger PLAYER are the ones who want money.

Quote:

our opportunities for the super bowl lie in the future and the development of current and future talent, not getting a last missing vet to go with one of the youngest teams in the nfl. I think we are still a few pieces away and our secondary needs rebuilt- NOT- our DL. As far as rg3 goes, I don't think we'll have to worry much about him running in a few years, I think he'll become more of just a scrambler qb, than a qb we have as active piece of our running game like the 2012 version,[/quote]
[/quote]

How can any one sit here and not say DL is a need? we dont even have a real NT ,Jenkins was not that good nor Bowen again we wher ein last place almost on D for GREAT REASONS! our secondary was better than our DL we pretty much blitzed and the secondary atleast got turn overs if we rushed 4 than our D got torched.

Everthing on the D needs to be upgraded im sick of this " we dont need a DL " talk if that was the case why out of a sudden we just blitz alot more ? because finally Haz knew the D couldn't rush with 4 with poor pass rushers .

And it doesn't matter vets this year or not we have all of our picks and cap space why and I want every one to read this part " hurt us next year ? " Ed Reed and Lewis are old as heck but helped won the SB again for the ravens along with Boldin! I dont llike vets but be realstic our O was good as heck and if our D is good we can go far we have the O now its the D you also have your Cap and picks next year soooooo whats the excuse? why not favor the best player and not the younger players you basically only favor younger when your teams too old and not going no where or a vet thats done. Im basically talking about vets that are not done YET but can help us this year.

Why wait whats the problem .[/quote]What? The problem is money and giving money to aging players who aren't in house re-signings. It's always been a problem
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyler735

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on how this whole cap situation goes. If we were to get some back how would you guys feel about targeting these Free Agents. At each position I have them in order of who I want the most, but really could see any of them making an impact on our team. I think that some of these guys could be gotten for fairly reasonable contracts.

Obviously our cap situation at the moment doesn't look good, but for now lets assume Fletcher retires, Moss/Hall restructure, and we get a chunk of money back from this whole Capgate mess. Who do you target on this list?

At Safety I'd like one of these guys:
William Moore/Louis Delmas/Kenny Phillips

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12530/william-moore
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12528/louis-delmas
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/11265/kenny-phillips

At CB I'd like one of these guys:
Antoine Cason/Tracy Porter/Chris Houston/Leodis McKelvin/Dunta Robinson

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/11261/antoine-cason
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/11274/tracy-porter
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/10485/chris-houston
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/11245/leodis-mckelvin
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/5535/dunta-robinson

At O-line one of these guys:
Sebastian Vollmer/Gosder Cherilus/Ryan Harris/Winston Justice/Jason Smith

At ILB one of these guys:
Maualuga/Ellerbe/Brinkley

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12455/rey-maualuga
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13103/dannell-ellerbe
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12451/jasper-brinkley
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I'd do with our secondary is, "blow it all up!"

1. Cut MeAngelo- saves 8 million

2. Restructure Josh Wilson. He's a good #2 (not great and he's not worth 5.3 million this season) but he'd be a great #3. It'd be nice if we could renegotiate his contract so his cap hit was at 3.3 million like it was the 1st year he was here.

3. Don't re-sign Madieu Williams

4. Use the 8 million saved from the hall cut and the 2 million saved from the Wilson restructure (10 million) to sign a FA upgrade at FS and cb.

Give me Sean Smith, Chris Houston, Keenan Lewis, Antoine Cason, Leodis Mckelvin, Carry Williams over Dhall.

If by some reason we only restructure Hall saving 3 to 4 million, sign Kyle Arrington,Brent Grimes, Tracy Porter, Marcus Trufant, Derek Cox, Greg Toler, Mike Jenkins, DJ Moore, Michael Adams as a #3 and we better draft a cb in round 3 or 4 after drafting a safety also!

At safety we need a FS, not a SS with our higher dollars. I have faith that they will give Meriweather one more year. Guys I'd like to sign are obvious:

1. Jarius Byrd (very unlikely because of the cost)
2. Louis DelMas (possibly but it's still costly)
3. Corey Lynch (most likey because of the price range)
4. chris Clemons (most likey because of cost)
5. Rashard Johnson (most likely because of the cost)

What I really think will happen with the safety position is we will rely on the second round of the draft to get us a good prospect and that player will compete with the likes of a Corey Lynch, Chris Clemons or Rashad Johnson.

Rt I think we will look to sign Vollmer, Ryan Harris, or Winston Justince. We will re-sign Polumbus to compete, we will draft someone to compete with Polumbus and Compton.

For ilb we will look to sign the guys Tyler mentioned: Ray Maualuga, Danelle Ellerbe, Jasper Brinkley, Larry Grant, or Gary Guyton.

Most importantly though with Fletch retiring we will re-sign Lorenzo Alexander and he will get every opportunity to start at ILB next to Riley. I also think we will draft someone at iLb in the 4th through 6th rounds. Anyone from Kevin Redick, Jonathan Bostic, Nico Johnson, AJ Klein, Tom Wort, Bruce Taylor or Vince Williams
RG3alltheway

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: free agents Reply with quote

keenan lewis
dezmond bryant (DE)
danny admendola
phil loadholt
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: free agents Reply with quote

RG3alltheway wrote:
keenan lewis
- yes
Quote:
dezmond bryant (DE)
not needed, we have a good DL and have you seen his most recent arrest?

Quote:
danny admendola
i'd love to get him but I doubt we can afford him, even if Moss is gone
Quote:
phil loadholt
not very athletic, doesn't fit the zbs system we run
Dro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cullen Jenkins or Seymour on a small contract after cutting Carriker.,
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
Why not just restructure Carriker?

He's 5 years younger than Seymour and 3 years younger than Jenkins?

Carriker is also already under contract.

I'd rather see Carriker retained with a cheaper cap # than to see us signing old free agents.
tyler735

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dro wrote:

I'd rather see Carriker retained with a cheaper cap # than to see us signing old free agents.

Agreed, it's definitely better for us to keep Carriker, who is much younger than those two options. I actually am curious to see how Carriker rebounds after the injury, I think he could really help us out next year.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dro wrote:

Agreed, it's definitely better for us to keep Carriker, who is much younger than those two options. I actually am curious to see how Carriker rebounds after the injury, I think he could really help us out next year.
Yeah. I think he'll definitely help us out, he was arguably our best DL in 2011. I hope he comes back strong and I hope we keep him, he can be a very important part to our front 7 and DL rotation.
Dro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is he willing to restructure though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 10 of 16

Jump to: