Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Free Agents - Who do you want?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dashing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Seymour is old. Shanny likes FA in their 20s.....I just dont see it

We had an old team in 010 so thats an excuse. I agree and disagree you guys do realize we are potential contenders we beat the SB champs we have a very good offense that needs a defense.

Richard Seymour for one or two years would not hurt would it hurt you ? our team is already young. Why do you think the pats like to get a bit of older vets ?

Not saying im gonna die if he comes but we are able to sign vets who maybe wanna just win a SB or contend period we are not gonna over pay but if we do than why are you guys brining up about seymour than we should just give up on other FA's.

And what players do you wanna re-sign I like Rob Jackson but he is expandable sadly as well as London although I wouldn't mind him back you also have Fred Davis .

Basically its just Fred Davis we want and again no excuses about cap we have had CAP TROUBLE for years and went trough it its been even reporteded or rumor that its nothing to us .

I know you guys want youth but honestly we also have to realize there are vets avalible for two years or just one enough to help us win a SB this is now the time to strike do you really believe RG3 legs will last ? do it while his legs are in his prime ! yes he needs his legs .
footy_29

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing: The Redskins will have to scramble and cut their own guys just to get their rookies and some low-cost players under contract (the RFAs), how on earth are they going to afford Seymour?

At this point, they might lose Lorenzo Alexander because they will not be able to afford a ~2MM dollar contract. The only way this team becomes players in free agency is if they do a great deal of restructuring or they get the penalty lifted.

I had dreams of Brent Grimes or Jairus Byrd, but the team cannot afford to keep its own - any FA additions will be comparable to Madieu Williams of last year.

Blknite01's masterpiece
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade back in the draft in order to reduce their signing costs as well as adding additional picks for next year.
footy_29

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade back in the draft in order to reduce their signing costs as well as adding additional picks for next year.

While I agree, and certainly think it plausible on day three, when it comes to day two the needs of the team may demand taking the BPA. With the team in need of a corner, safety and a tackle, those day two picks can be starting players and that is simply too valuable to trade down when it really comes down to it.

A high-potential player like Terron Armstead or Tanner Hawkinson could be too good to pass up, although I think ShanAllen will do just that. Or perhaps they will be looking for a replacement for Fred Davis - the third round has been a particularly good place to grab one. Maybe David Amerson is a player they think can transition to FS, and might still be there.

Ultimately, unless a couple of players that they really like are selected right before they pick, like the 2011 draft, I think they are going to go for quality on day two and then quantity on day three.

Blknite01's masterpiece
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could trade back, or with us being cap strapped, maybe we should trade up so we won't have as many draft picks to pay. We could try to turn that late 2nd into an early 2nd to make sure we get the safety we covet. Then we could bundle picks to do the same in the 3rd.

Bring our draft pick total down to 4 or 5 instead of 7.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cullen Jenkins is released we had interest in him in 011 so I wouldn't be surprise if we picked him up.
KERRAKPO9891

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Cullen Jenkins is released we had interest in him in 011 so I wouldn't be surprise if we picked him up.

We might but I doubt it, he is 32 and we already have Jenkins, Carriker, Bowen, and Golston if he resigns.

Do you want Jenkins?
KERRAKPO9891

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who here would like us to sign Jairus Byrd to play FS for us?

We could sign Byrd or Dashon Goldson from San Fran.

Then again, I would be fine with drafting a FS in the second round, maybe Rambo? Or possibly Tyrann out of LSU and make him a FS?

Out of all the possible Free Safeties out there in the draft and free agency, who do you want playing that position for us next season?

If I had to choose, I would pick Jairus Byrd or Tyrann Mathieu

Lets just hope we sign a gem that can dominate, I think Tyrann out of LSU could be a smaller version of this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko1iFkz11xg

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1742045 Would have possibly been the best safety ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixGedaeYz-I Tyrann Mathieu
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KERRAKPO9891 wrote:

Then again, I would be fine with drafting a FS in the second round, maybe Rambo? Or possibly Tyrann out of LSU and make him a FS?

Out of all the possible Free Safeties out there in the draft and free agency, who do you want playing that position for us next season?

Lets just hope we sign a gem that can dominate, I think Tyrann out of LSU could be a smaller version of this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko1iFkz11xg

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1742045 Would have possibly been the best safety ever

id love to sign Byrd or Golston but we aren't going to be able to afford them. Most likely we will sign a bargain FS who's just entering their prime like Corey Lynch from San Diego, retain Meriweather as the starting SS and draft one safety.

I'd only consider Mathieu if it was a 5th or later. He kids got issues
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KERRAKPO9891

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
KERRAKPO9891 wrote:

id love to sign Byrd or Golston but we aren't going to be able to afford them. Most likely we will sign a bargain FS who's just entering their prime like Corey Lynch from San Diego, retain Meriweather as the starting SS and draft one safety.

I haven't seen any of Lynch, does he look like he could be real good player?

As far as Tyrann, I would take him in the 3rd if he falls to us.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KERRAKPO9891 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
KERRAKPO9891 wrote:

I haven't seen any of Lynch, does he look like he could be real good player?

As far as Tyrann, I would take him in the 3rd if he falls to us.
you should google him, there is a good blog done about him out there by a good redskins blogger with pictures showing what he can do and everything but I can't post it here.

As far as Mathieu goes. I love the guys talent, but I still wouldn't trust the guy as a gm to stay clean off the field so he can play for you. Pacman and Tanard Jackson were once Pro Bowl DBs also but off the field problems have gotten one suspended for a year and one relegated to reserve duty only.

Neither can be relied upon or trusted. At this point of have to put Mathieu in that category and say if he's there in the 5th or later, take him, he could be worth the risk and be a steal.
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still need to be sold on Lynch. He is nothing more than a STs player in my opinion. I get the whole saving money thing, but I'd rather draft a young safety with a high ceiling.

mike23md on the sig!
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KERRAKPO9891 wrote:
Dashing wrote:

We might but I doubt it, he is 32 and we already have Jenkins, Carriker, Bowen, and Golston if he resigns.

Do you want Jenkins?

Honestly yes . And the reason for that is and once again A bunch of us skins fans keep overrating our players and the simple fact is.

Bowen-Inconsistent and had only 2 good games and was a shadow trough the year and got dominatded in the playoffs

Carriker-A good run stopper but inconsistent pass rusher but he was missed .

Colston-Sucks

Cofield-Stepped up more at NT but likely to take Carriker spot if released

Jenkins-a huge Shadow BUT! he was coming off an injury and shown flashes in the browns game.

Bowen like 2 years younger than Jenkins too but Jenkins is a better player than him and possibly cheaper (key word cheaper) if he was cheapr id do it but you see what they all have in common? no consistency and no real big play makers that is why we got tourched last year we had a horrible secondary yes but the pass rush didn't help at all.

I wouldn't be upset if we didnt get him but i would be 100% and I sware ill make a hate thread that if we keep this same DL unit and not change anything or put Cofield at LE im gonna explode .

We led I believe in the league of missed tackles and Lynch destroying us really hurts me despite his best year. Our pass rush sucked every time we rushed 3 nothing it was big plays and i mean BIG plays and it was common since we had to blitz other wise the big plays came from rushing 3 or just 4 .

We gotta change that because blitz to much and will get exposed by the run game just like Seattle.

I know our caps bad but its not like we cant find pieces that are cheap.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
KERRAKPO9891 wrote:
Dashing wrote:

Do you want Jenkins?

Honestly yes . And the reason for that is and once again A bunch of us skins fans keep overrating our players and the simple fact is.

Bowen-Inconsistent and had only 2 good games and was a shadow trough the year and got dominatded in the playoffs

Colston-Sucks

Jenkins-a huge Shadow BUT! he was coming off an injury and shown flashes in the browns game.

Bowen like 2 years younger than Jenkins too but Jenkins is a better player than him and possibly cheaper (key word cheaper) if he was cheapr id do it but you see what they all have in common? no consistency and no real big play makers that is why we got tourched last year we had a horrible secondary yes but the pass rush didn't help at all.

I wouldn't be upset if we didnt get him but i would be 100% and I sware ill make a hate thread that if we keep this same DL unit and not change anything or put Cofield at LE im gonna explode .

We led I believe in the league of missed tackles and Lynch destroying us really hurts me despite his best year. Our pass rush sucked every time we rushed 3 nothing it was big plays and i mean BIG plays and it was common since we had to blitz other wise the big plays came from rushing 3 or just 4 .

We gotta change that because blitz to much and will get exposed by the run game just like Seattle.

Well you better prepare your hate thread then. Only change that could possibly be made would be cutting Carriker. I just don't see that happening.

Also our cap isn't "bad" it's "incredibly bad", we won't be signing anyone of significance.
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
KERRAKPO9891 wrote:
Dashing wrote:

Do you want Jenkins?

Colston-Sucks

Lynch destroyed us because our defense just couldn't hold them any longer. That tends to happen when your offense has an QB with a torn ACL and keeps going three and out.

RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 9 of 16

Jump to: