Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Free Agents - Who do you want?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Redskins 24- 7 tweets might get money back ! We targeting greg toler and cory lynch and also might release carriker.

Toler is a guy I would love. Will be pissed if we cut Carriker though.

mike23md on the sig!
Marcus21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Redskins 24- 7 tweets might get money back ! We targeting greg toler and cory lynch and also might release carriker.

There is a chance Carriker is not healing well from his injury. I have herd nothing to support that. Its the only reason I could imagine the team wanting not to release him?
New Era Skins

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Redskins 24-7 a reliable source?
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:

Huh? Are you talking about me? Confused
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 40 tackles, 1 PDef, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 9 catches, 46 yards... and a fumble
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Era Skins wrote:
Is Redskins 24-7 a reliable source?

From es. I wish i could post link its tk-lavar leap etc who are reliable but not always accurate but take it for what its worth. If carriker released i wouldnt be surprise that we draft a NT in the second and out cofield at LE and maybe pick up seymour for RE i think bowen been not that good.
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Dashing wrote:

i woulsnt be upset if we didnt find one one. How is greg toler tho? Have you seen him play? And if we win some money back we can target more bigger FAs .
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Dashing wrote:

It sucks that we have to release Carriker but its a necessary evil because of the cap penalty and we have Jarvis Jenkins who is our future at LDE anyways.

I love the targets of Greg Toler (3rd cb) and Corey Lynch- versatile safety that can play SS or FS. I've talked about them and seen blogs that mentioned both as affordable upgrades to our secondary.

I'd love to get both guys!

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Dashing wrote:

i woulsnt be upset if we didnt find one one. How is greg toler tho? Have you seen him play? And if we win some money back we can target more bigger FAs .
Toler is a good nickel cb and special teams player, he had two ints last year. Not a starter though. He's an upgrade over Crawford as our nickel.

http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2013/2/18/3998760/cbs-sports-calls-greg-toler-an-under-the-radar-free-agent

Quote:
One person that knows all about Toler's talent is Pete Prisco of CBS Sports. The Arizona State Sun Devil alum put together a great post complete with pictures and diagrams detailing Toler's ability. He calls Toler a value player that could eventually become a very good cover corner.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21701145/undertheradar-free-agents-cb-toler-tops-list-of-highvalue-guys
^^
This is the article you want to read!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Dashing wrote:

Toler is a guy I've had an eye on since he was drafted a few years back. There was a lot speculation predraft that the Redskins were interested since he came from a small school in Virginia (St.Paul). He is someone who was compared to DRC since he had similar measureables and came from a no name school. Toler played well his first couple of the seasons, but was hurt all of 2011 season because of his knee and wasn't even a lock to make the roster this past training camp. But he played very well this past season and his ceiling extremely high. He is from the DC area and I'm sure he would love to return home ie Josh Morgan.

Oh yea, he also had this play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz23zUQPaZ0

mike23md on the sig!
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! I wouldnt mind him but thats if ee couldnt get grimes or talib etc. I know this might sound dumb but if we get Toler how would you guys feel about Lynch at FS or put cendric griffin at FS?.

Griffins. Should come back but i want a starting CB thats really how our D can improve and hopfully seymour.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Awesome! I wouldnt mind him but thats if ee couldnt get grimes or talib etc. I know this might sound dumb but if we get Toler how would you guys feel about Lynch at FS or put cendric griffin at FS?.

Griffins. Should come back but i want a starting CB thats really how our D can improve and hopfully seymour.
Cedric Griffin shouldn't be back.

My preference would be signing Corey Lynch and then drafting Phillip Thomas. May the best man win the starting FS job.

Starting SS will be Meriweather and either Gomes or Doughty will back him up, Doughty will probably win that battle.

Our D will improve immensley if we are healthy and if the FA we sign or/and draft turn out to be good players for us.

SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corey Lynch? That same dude from Hard Knocks a couple of years ago? He seems like a great guy but I don't think he's someone you want starting for your team. I'd rather roll with Gomes and Doughty as our 2 backups than bring in a new guy, unless he's a rookie.

mike23md on the sig!
Dashing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:

Cedric Griffin shouldn't be back.

My preference would be signing Corey Lynch and then drafting Phillip Thomas. May the best man win the starting FS job.

Starting SS will be Meriweather and either Gomes or Doughty will back him up, Doughty will probably win that battle.

Our D will improve immensley if we are healthy and if the FA we sign or/and draft turn out to be good players for us.
Why not ? he as pretty good man to man and cheap.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Dashing wrote:

We also have Jarvis Jenkins to fill in for him. If the coaching staff thinks that Jenkins can do everything Carriker can do and do it at a significantly cheaper price. Carriker would cost $4M against the cap, with almost all if not all of it recoverable; Jenkins would be $1.3M against the cap (and a slight cap hit if cut).
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Dashing wrote:

We also have Jarvis Jenkins to fill in for him. If the coaching staff thinks that Jenkins can do everything Carriker can do and do it at a significantly cheaper price. Carriker would cost $4M against the cap, with almost all if not all of it recoverable; Jenkins would be $1.3M against the cap (and a slight cap hit if cut).

It's not so much that I don't think Jenkins isn't a capable starter, although I think he has atrocious pass rushing skills, it's more due to the whole rotation of the D-line. When Adam Carriker went out, our D-line suffered as a whole. Players were playing way too many snaps and getting tired a lot quicker. The talent gap between Jenkins and our next best backup is big IMO. Carriker is an ideal fit for our defense. If you cut Carriker, how are you going to replace him? You need at least 4 starting caliber D-linemen to survive in a 3-4 system.

mike23md on the sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 7 of 16

Jump to: