Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Free Agents - Who do you want?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=afcnorth&id=62590

Redskins should sign Keenan Lewis in FA to start opposite Wilson if Hall is gone or if we keep Hall he should start opposite Hall and Wilson should be our nickel Cb. Lewis led the NFL in passes defensed this year.

Quote:
Cornerback Keenan Lewis wants to return to the Steelers, but it will come at a cost. Last year, he was a restricted free agent who made $1.26 million. Now, he is an unrestricted free agent who is coming off his first season as a starter in which he led the league in passes defensed. The price to keep Lewis has gone up. "I didn't want a contract in 2012," Lewis told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "I was just a nickel back. I probably would have told them to hold up on the contract anyway because I wanted to really establish myself as a starting cornerback. I didn't want nickel-back money, I wanted starter money."

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-lewis-wants-starter-money-668741/

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/1/2/3826730/steelers-free-agents-keenan-lewis-depth-chart-roster-2013

Quote:
Lewis has showed steady improvement since being selected 12 spots after fellow free agent teammate Mike Wallace in the third round of the 2009 NFL Draft. Lewis impressed head coach Mike Tomlin and defensive coordinator - LeBeau to eventually secure the starting cornerback spot opposite of Ike Taylor, allowing the team to part ways with veterans Bryant McFadden and William Gay.

Lewis started all 16 games in 2012, and demonstrated the ability to be a top level talent at his position making himself a desirable commodity when free agency begins in March of 2013, especially after accepting Taylor's role of drawing opponents' top receivers after Taylor broke an ankle in Week 13 and upholding the standard.

As Lewis alluded to in his post, the Steelers finished the 2012 season as the leagues best overall defense and pass defense, and No. 2 against the run. Lewis's contributions to defensive success cannot be overlooked.
Some one on ES said that some guy knows his brother and that he said Lewis would wanna play in D.C but first he gotta hit the market and hope Pitts dont franchise tag him.
Yeah, I'm friends with his mothers counsins uncles brother from his first mariage also! jeeze! That's total hearsay. Doesn't mean anything

This rumor is almost as good as that orakpo negotiation I mean will see what happens .
Well one is an article written by a reputiable source with insider infor and league connections, the other is coming from you 3rd hand from another website where someone who's anonymous on a message board says he knows Keenan Lewis' brother. I mean, it's not even close to being similar.

I'd like to get Kennan Lewis, but if this conversation even happened between someone on that other board who's anonymous and who says he knows Keenan's brother it went like, "hey would your brother like to play for the redskins", the guy who says he's keenan's brother says "yeah I think he'd like to play for the redskins because we like RG3." Laughing

Anyways, a lot of things have to happen before that can take place. Pitt has to decide they can't keep him, he has to decide he doesn't want to be there, we have to make cap room for him, then both us and him have to agree.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=afcnorth&id=62590

Redskins should sign Keenan Lewis in FA to start opposite Wilson if Hall is gone or if we keep Hall he should start opposite Hall and Wilson should be our nickel Cb. Lewis led the NFL in passes defensed this year.

Quote:
Cornerback Keenan Lewis wants to return to the Steelers, but it will come at a cost. Last year, he was a restricted free agent who made $1.26 million. Now, he is an unrestricted free agent who is coming off his first season as a starter in which he led the league in passes defensed. The price to keep Lewis has gone up. "I didn't want a contract in 2012," Lewis told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "I was just a nickel back. I probably would have told them to hold up on the contract anyway because I wanted to really establish myself as a starting cornerback. I didn't want nickel-back money, I wanted starter money."

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-lewis-wants-starter-money-668741/

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/1/2/3826730/steelers-free-agents-keenan-lewis-depth-chart-roster-2013

Quote:
Lewis has showed steady improvement since being selected 12 spots after fellow free agent teammate Mike Wallace in the third round of the 2009 NFL Draft. Lewis impressed head coach Mike Tomlin and defensive coordinator - LeBeau to eventually secure the starting cornerback spot opposite of Ike Taylor, allowing the team to part ways with veterans Bryant McFadden and William Gay.

Lewis started all 16 games in 2012, and demonstrated the ability to be a top level talent at his position making himself a desirable commodity when free agency begins in March of 2013, especially after accepting Taylor's role of drawing opponents' top receivers after Taylor broke an ankle in Week 13 and upholding the standard.

As Lewis alluded to in his post, the Steelers finished the 2012 season as the leagues best overall defense and pass defense, and No. 2 against the run. Lewis's contributions to defensive success cannot be overlooked.
Some one on ES said that some guy knows his brother and that he said Lewis would wanna play in D.C but first he gotta hit the market and hope Pitts dont franchise tag him.
Yeah, I'm friends with his mothers counsins uncles brother from his first mariage also! jeeze! That's total hearsay. Doesn't mean anything

This rumor is almost as good as that orakpo negotiation I mean will see what happens .
Well one is an article written by a reputiable source with insider infor and league connections, the other is coming from you 3rd hand from another website where someone who's anonymous on a message board says he knows Keenan Lewis' brother. I mean, it's not even close to being similar.

I'd like to get Kennan Lewis, but if this conversation even happened between someone on that other board who's anonymous and who says he knows Keenan's brother it went like, "hey would your brother like to play for the redskins", the guy who says he's keenan's brother says "yeah I think he'd like to play for the redskins because we like RG3." Laughing

Anyways, a lot of things have to happen before that can take place. Pitt has to decide they can't keep him, he has to decide he doesn't want to be there, we have to make cap room for him, then both us and him have to agree.

Than again Lewis probably like the fact WSH is young and was 10-6 and can start for us in D.C which is attractive along with the fan base and Rg3 . I mean D.C is a not spot so I wouldnt say it wouldn't be true but we will see I just want to improve our pathetic D and rematch the seahawks for the 4th time.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean Smith, Dwayne Bowe, and Paul Kruger.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Wilson is available.

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think about Leodis McKelvin? He was one the best returners in the league last season. I don't think you can trust him to start at CB on a consistant basis but he could most certainly be your 3rd-4th CB. I don't hear his name being talked about at all, he could come young and cheap.

mike23md on the sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Sean Smith, Dwayne Bowe, and Paul Kruger.
we can't afford Bowe nor Kruger. Both will get big time deals to start somewhere

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
George Wilson is available.
too old. He'll be 32 next month

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
What do you guys think about Leodis McKelvin? He was one the best returners in the league last season. I don't think you can trust him to start at CB on a consistant basis but he could most certainly be your 3rd-4th CB. I don't hear his name being talked about at all, he could come young and cheap.
I'd love to add him as a nickel or dime cb and return man

skinsfan36

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mckelvin and lewis at corner. Ryan Harris at right tackle and Corey lynch or Chris Clemons at safety
Slateman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sebastian Vollmer or Andre Smith at Right Tackle
Dashon Goldson, William Moore, or Louis Delmas - Safety
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinsfan36 wrote:
Mckelvin and lewis at corner. Ryan Harris at right tackle and Corey lynch or Chris Clemons at safety
i like it and that's definitely affordable after we cut Hall and Moss.

aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like OT Ryan Clady. (Shanahan drafted him)
Then, I want to move him to Right Tackle.
With Ryan Clady only 26, & Trent Williams only 24. We could have our bookends for the next 10 years. (oh..like Fletcher, Clady has never missed a game after being drafted and starting in 2008.... 80 for 80....3X All-Pro & 3X time Pro Bowler)

LT T. Williams---LG K. Lichtensteiger--OC W. Montgomery--RG C. Chester--RT R. Clady
WOULD BE NASTY!

TRADE: our 2nd rd pick & 2014 conditional 4th rd pick for
WR Larry Fitzgerald (ARI)
That should be plenty for a WR who will be 30 in August.
He can then finish out his career as a Redskin.
That gives us Fitzgerald & Garcon as our 1..2 punch!

Sign CB Aquib Talib in FA (R. Morris can coach him up)
Sign Ed Reed in FA (have Ed Reed at FS & B. Merriweather at SS)
cut T. Jackson

Draft best available player with 3rd rd pick
fill holes from 4th rd on...
Probably look to draft a FS & MLB as both Ed Reed and London Fletcher might have 1 yr...2 at best. (yes..I know we have Gomes & K. Robinson & maybe FA Alexander for depth in those 2 positional areas, but we can still look)

Make SB run!
Cool

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:

With Ryan Clady only 26, & Trent Williams only 24. We could have our bookends for the next 10 years. (oh..like Fletcher, Clady has never missed a game after being drafted and starting in 2008.... 80 for 80....3X All-Pro & 3X time Pro Bowler)

LT T. Williams---LG K. Lichtensteiger--OC W. Montgomery--RG C. Chester--RT R. Clady
WOULD BE NASTY!
PRO BOWL Left Tackle who blocks for Peyton Mannning and a team that was a play away from the the AFCCG last year. No way he leaves Denver to take less $ and be a RT. we also can't afford him even if that's something he would want to do!

Quote:
no way the cardinals trade their franchise player and if they did, they'd want a 1st round pick for the best WR in the game. Again, we can't afford him man, we can't afford to so either of these lucrative deals, we are currently over the salary cap.

Quote:
cut T. Jackson
Talib is a possibility. Again, with Ed Reed, we can't afford him man, we can't afford to so either of these lucrative deals, we are currently over the salary cap.

We don't need to cut Tanard Jackson, he's a free agent.

Quote:
Probably look to draft a FS & MLB as both Ed Reed and London Fletcher might have 1 yr...2 at best. (yes..I know we have Gomes & K. Robinson & maybe FA Alexander for depth in those 2 positional areas, but we can still look)

Make SB run!
Cool
yeah, not going to happen except possibly signing Talib...

Marcus21

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:

WOULD BE NASTY!

cut T. Jackson

Make SB run!
Cool

I absolutly love your offseason plan......Sadly we are broke(cap space). When planning these fantastic FA signing please consider where the money is going to come from (who are you going to cut?)
Denver will franchise Clady if they cant sign him.....No way they take a chance with Peytons neck.

We need help at safety and corner not WR. I would give a 2nd and a 4th for Patrick Peterson, but there is no way Arizona would consider that. Just my opinion!!!
Brian23

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
skinsfan36 wrote:
i like it and that's definitely affordable after we cut Hall and Moss.

Unless something happens, neither are being cut.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 5 of 16

Jump to: