Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sunday Night Football: TEXANS vs. Bears
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BEARS24

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I have longer hair than you guys #50...

uJelly?
kenney

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad we won. That should have been a 3-TD blowout. The Bears are terrible.

But really, good game Chicago. I am now going to the emergency room because I broke my left hand punching the ground in frustration.

Kenney>Everyone else on here
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooo feels good to be 8-1 especially against a very good Bears team in their place!

Glad nobody got hurt in the rain, and now we play a division rival who is 1-8 at home.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great win! I dont really want to take much from the game cause of the conditions, but they're DLine is the best in the NFL and battled our OL all night long. Ill break it down later.
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugly, ugly, ugly but I'll take it. Bring me Jacksonville

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
The Bears are terrible.

But really, good game Chicago.

What...?
Sabiancym

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:

BEARS24

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabiancym wrote:
kenney wrote:

kenney wrote:

How are we this sensitive?
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha.. that game could've gone either way. Couple too many drops and fumbles by Chicago. Both of these teams will be in the postseason.

LORK88
texansfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clash of two great defenses in ugly conditions. I would have loved to see more offensive production, but I will take a win. Great win.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to obliterate the Jags next week. Kinda getting tired of close games. Laughing
CAS22

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 big positives to take from this game

(1) We went into a hostile environment against an elite team and grinded out a victory.

(2) NO BIG INJURIES. I was very nervous about key players getting hurt tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEARS24 wrote:
Sabiancym wrote:
kenney wrote:

kenney wrote:

How are we this sensitive?

lol, glad you caught it.

To be sure it's clear to everyone: it was a good game that the Texans were fortunate to win against a great team; maybe the best in the NFC (certainly the best defense).

This proved more about the Texans than the previous 7 wins this season have.

kenney

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underwood wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Underwood wrote:
John McClain's twitter feed is abysmal.

What happened?

Nothing especially. I'm watching the ESPN Gamecast and the social tab is full of his tweets. They suck. He actually used the word "stinko" in one. The dude is so negative.

Following him is worthwhile as long as you're also following The Fake John McClain.

EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post game thoughts, as usual:

- 1st game I watched in its entirity with my wife: The playoff game against the Bengals was the first game she volunteered to watch with me, and she was done by halftime, mostly because my son was in need of a diaper change, bottle and nap. Baby was well asleep by kickoff, so wife and I had some Dos Equis, broke out some tomato basil flavored Triscuts with spicy hummus, and cheered for those boys on Kirby (to borrow a phrase from Stafford Larry). She was getting into it, all excited for every time Arian Foster got the ball, would do the "Houston Texans...1ST DOWN!" motion every time the Texans advanced it past the marker, and lost her MIND when Kareem Jackson picked off that Jay Cutler pass.

She was AMPED UP, and that makes this proud hubby smile. Very Happy

- You're the man now, Kareem Jackson: Two years ago seems like such a lifetimes for Jackson, someone that many of us wrote off 10+ games into his career during the debacle of the 2010 season. It's hard to believe that the same stumbling, bumbling CB in 2010 is now the descisive, fierce playmaker that we see in 2012. He took the road less traveled for good CBs, really suffered in his first two years - but now, he's on the verge of being one of the great CBs in the NFL. With a healthy Jonathan Joseph, the Texans have the best CB tandem in the NFL, slightly better than Tim Jennings and Charles Tillman. Glover Quin and Danieal Manning along with these two, and the Texans have a very close claim to having the best secondary in the NFL.

A far cry from the Dunta Robinson/Fred Bennett/Will Demps/CC Brown days, right? Laughing

- Speaking of the Safties: Glover Quin and Danieal Manning were men who were on a mission yesterday. That first hit by Manning was a BRUTAL hit, just shattered Kellen Davis and created the fumble that Tim Dobbins was able to scoop up. As brutal of a hit as you'll see from a 5' 11" 200lb S on a 6' 5" 270lb TE. The big hit in Michael Bush was also a nice play, a signature Quin play, something we're seeing on a weekly basis from him. Guy shows no quarter, hits with every ounce of his soul, and makes plays, even when it doesn't seem like there's a play to be made. As said above, the tandems mentioned might have a case for best secondary in the NFL.

Nice to have that, to go along with the best front seven in the NFL. Very Happy

- Offense wasn't going to be easy when Mother Nature is playing against you: That rain was pretty steady, the wind was catching at the worst moments, and it showed when Matt Schaub wound up to pass. Whether it was the rain making the ball slick (the INT intended to AJ) or making the ground slick (the INT to a slipping Keshawn Martin) the Texans weren't going to be able to make the throws needed to matriculate the ball downfield as we'd like. Nonetheless, the Texans made big plays when needed, and Matt made an ideal throw to Arian Foster to score the only TD of the game - low, away, only Foster was going to have a chance, and a belief that Foster COULD make that play. Not a great showing statistically, but a nice showing given the circumstances.

Hey, not all of 'em are going to be 22/27, 256, 2 TD days. Cool

- This being said, you can't underestimate how valued Owen Daniels has become: While the run is the team's ultimate table setting play, the short to mid passing game between OD and Matty Fire is the closest thing to a 2nd table setter. Garrett Graham is a fine player, but might top out as a #2 TE right now...a good blocker and opportunistic TE when playing the 2nd spot, but not quite ready for the role of the first check in the passing game, a spot were OD reigns supreme. I remember when OD signed his 4 year/$22MM extension, and I lost my MIND when that went down, figured it was a big waste of money. Two seasons after said signing, and it looks like some of the best money spent by the team.

My bad, OD. Shouldn't of doubted you. Sad

- So, teams know how to stop JJ Watt now: Step 1, rain dance. Step 2, double and triple team the guy all day long. It was effective, but it gave lanes to the likes of Antonio Smith, Connor Barwin and Brooks Reed. Barwin and Smith had some near sacks, plays that did alter how Jay Cutler/Jason Campbell delivered the ball, and Reed had a very unassuming play that might of saved the game, a shoe string tackle on Matt Forte, just as Forte found the edge and looked to sprint through the marsh for big yardage. The stats won't reflect it, but the front seven was great yesterday...

- ...and leading that greatness was ILB Tim Dobbins: For someone who is a downgrade to Brian Cushing, you can't help but to like what Dobbins did out there yesterday. He was Johnnie on the spot for the run D, filling up the hole and doing enough to open up others to also stall the run. He set the tone early with the recovery, and was around the ball a lot, initiating contact and letting everyone dogpile when he stopped the runner. Granted, for his efforts, he will be docked about $15k...but that hit didn't have malicious intent, or was intended to knock Cutler out. Cutler had been gashing the team on the ground, was playing some tough football when running, Dobbins had to make a split second play, and went high. Not the smartest move for his wallet, but the only move he could make in the situation. I was sorry to see Jay go - because that's what folks are going to focus on, how "different" the game would of been for the Bears, if they had a QB who completed less than 50% of his passes and threw two INTs prior to halftime - but it's a violent game.

All in all: Great win, glad to be 8-1. Onto the next week, we gotta keep this train going.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: