Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Romeo Crennel removes himself as the Chiefs' defensive coord
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
^^^^ You can be a starter and still known as nothing more than a role player.

I kind of liken it to the terminology used alot in baseball - replacement level. I do agree that just because a player is a starter doesn't necessarily add a level of value based on that criteria alone. It could mean that you have a mediocre starter and poor options behind that starter. Kind of the "best of a bad bunch" concept.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
^^^^ You can be a starter and still known as nothing more than a role player.

I kind of liken it to the terminology used alot in baseball - replacement level. I do agree that just because a player is a starter doesn't necessarily add a level of value based on that criteria alone. It could mean that you have a mediocre starter and poor options behind that starter. Kind of the "best of a bad bunch" concept.
you can use WAR in football, kinda, at some positions.

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Wish Jason Garrett would do this with Bill Callahan
How has Callahan been?

Jamison.'s Gallery
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to do two jobs.

I hope he doesn't wind up back with the Patriots. Someone is going to get a hell of a playcaller.

Free Ray Rice
Cutler06

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robably trying to distance himself from a horrible, under-achieving defense ...so he still may have a chance as a DC again someday...sure as heck will never be a HC, unless he remains so in KC

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:

Tyson Jackson has not hit expectations for a #3 overall pick by any stretch of the imagination.

Want to see what a top 10 5-tech is supposed to look like? Take a gander over there in Houston.

Thank you. Exactly my point. He has become exactly what Pioli was going for....a solid starter, nothing more. None of us fans saw him as anything more than a 2nd or 3rd round talent. It's a complete and utter failure to draft a guy like that at #3.

Palooka, Pioli hasn't done that great....he has added some pieces to what was already here, which combined makes a solid roster.

The only actual picks that I really give him credit for really hitting on are Lewis and Houston. The rest, even some quality players were either obvious picks or overdrafted. He's also missed on getting QB's that could help this team right now like Dalton and Wilson.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

Tyson Jackson has not hit expectations for a #3 overall pick by any stretch of the imagination.

Want to see what a top 10 5-tech is supposed to look like? Take a gander over there in Houston.

Thank you. Exactly my point. He has become exactly what Pioli was going for....a solid starter, nothing more. None of us fans saw him as anything more than a 2nd or 3rd round talent. It's a complete and utter failure to draft a guy like that at #3.

Palooka, Pioli hasn't done that great....he has added some pieces to what was already here, which combined makes a solid roster.

The only actual picks that I really give him credit for really hitting on are Lewis and Houston. The rest, even some quality players were either obvious picks or overdrafted. He's also missed on getting QB's that could help this team right now like Dalton and Wilson.

I wouldn't even call him a "solid" starter, but rather just a "starter" personally. He's not that good.

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx
dante9876

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

I wouldn't even call him a "solid" starter, but rather just a "starter" personally. He's not that good.

So a starter who is not that good. Sounds like a role player to me. Not sure why people hear role player and thinks it means the player sucks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: