Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hue Jackson/New Regime
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
wizardg wrote:

Hue was brilliant.

So brilliant he's coaching DB's in Cincy right?

8-8 is meaningless. Even w/ Hue the team was going to get worse before it got better until the defense was addressed.

Also, I love how many forget that Jackson's offense would struggle in the red zone and 2nd half. Many chances to put games away and they couldn't get it done.

How are people forgetting this?

In his 2nd season, it's hard to fault him too much when Palmer was coming in mid-season and Bush started wearing down. And it was the defense that couldn't put games away.

The offense couldn't score late in games and often struggled in the red zone. If we are going to praise his offense, let''s not be blind to it's short comings.

The defense sucked, but the offense had chances to put the foot on teams throats and they didn't respond.

Yeah, but I gave reasons as to why that might have been. Palmer said he knew something like barely half of the playbook by the time the season was over, so he was learning on the go. McFadden lead the league in rushing before going down too, so I'm sure he would have helped.

So they can score in the first half and not the second? So because of Palmer's unfamiliarity w/ the offense they were only good for 2 quarters? Seems legit.

To be honest, I don't remember when the offense was scoring there points. I just think Palmer having a full grasp of the offense and playbook would have helped out in the redzone.
coolj247

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he got the most out of our play makers.. dmc was average until he got there..
dmc and ford were out half the year.
moore was a rookie.
palmer came in half season.
no defense.
turned our fb into a go to guy.
found ways to get everyone involved.

i think he was an ok head coach.. if all he had to do was focus on offense he would be genius.

gruden head coach
hue ocordinator
allen d coordinator? haha jk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
wizardg wrote:

Hue was brilliant.

8-8 is meaningless. Even w/ Hue the team was going to get worse before it got better until the defense was addressed.

Also, I love how many forget that Jackson's offense would struggle in the red zone and 2nd half. Many chances to put games away and they couldn't get it done.

In his 2nd season, it's hard to fault him too much when Palmer was coming in mid-season and Bush started wearing down. And it was the defense that couldn't put games away.

You'd think he would have went to Reece a lot more than. Amazing how under utilised he was by Hue.
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
wizardg wrote:

Hue was brilliant.

You'd think he would have went to Reece a lot more than. Amazing how under utilised he was by Hue.

I agree. Probably would have happened this season too if not for injuries. Not sure why.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
wizardg wrote:

Hue was brilliant.

This. Or you know. Sign a street FA to spell some carries.

The RB position was mis-managed all last season. Eventually Hue believed his own BS about McFadden coming back. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, yes. Nothing like the new girlfriend frigging up to make one pine for a love lost . . . .

big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Ahhh, yes. Nothing like the new girlfriend frigging up to make one pine for a love lost . . . .

Creepiest. GIF. EVER. Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

It's very easy to forget when you read all the excuses you and others quickly bring up for Dennis Allen.
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's mind boggling when people are quick to bash Hue, yet make excuses as to why DA deserves another year. Honestly, the logic behind it (or lack thereof) is flawed.

I'm not saying DA should be fired, but come on. He hasn't really been impressive either, talent or no talent. This team seems lost & no one seems to care. They have regressed each passing week. What does that tell you?
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
It's mind boggling when people are quick to bash Hue, yet make excuses as to why DA deserves another year. Honestly, the logic behind it (or lack thereof) is flawed.

I'm not saying DA should be fired, but come on. He hasn't really been impressive either, talent or no talent. This team seems lost & no one seems to care. They have regressed each passing week. What does that tell you?

Don't throw your team under the boss and then demand a say in the personnel decisions after you've made arguable one of the worst trades in this franchises history.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:

Don't throw your team under the boss and then demand a say in the personnel decisions after you've made arguable one of the worst trades in this franchises history.

Negative.

I'm speaking in regards to the current staff, not Hue.

All I'm saying is that people shouldn't give DA a "pass" just because he doesn't have talent. This is the NFL. I'm willing to give him another year, but the fact that the team is regressing each week is worrisome, and tells me it's beyond lack of talent.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

It's very easy to forget when you read all the excuses you and others quickly bring up for Dennis Allen.

Or maybe some of us realize he will be the coach next season with 100% certainty and we are trying to find positives and understand the talent is hot garbage. But I was saying that last year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:

We are not saying DA deserves another year. We are saying its irrelevant to suggest he won't be the coach.

Why discuss something that's not happening?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Creepiest. GIF. EVER. Laughing Laughing

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: