Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Monty gets props!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcus21

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Monty gets props!!! Reply with quote

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/will-montgomery-receives-accolades-0

Its nice to see our line get some love. They have played hard all year and are only 5 yards behin5 the 49ers in rushing!!!!
We should be seeing Leribus taking Korys spot in the near future. Kory was not played great this year, and has had a ton of yellow flags!!! Maybe its taking longer than expected to come back 100% from that knee, but I see Josh beating him out next year in camp for the LG spot.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Aikman was talking him up like crazy in the Dallas game. Monty really has had a solid year. I'm glad we re-signed him
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
footy_29

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steiger's false starts I cannot excuse, however he said when he re-injured his knee in pre-season that he would not be at full health all season. He seemed really disappointed with the setback.

Not sure Steiger gets a long-term deal anymore, having said that I doubt Leribeus will be ready for the start of 2013.

Blknite01's masterpiece
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still in Steiger's corner. I doubt we let him leave, he's been pretty solid despite not being 100% this year. Next year he should be back at 100% and playing like a pro bowler again, I believe.

I'm not a huge fan of LeRibeus. IMO he has to improve a lot if ever wants to start.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
big44dog

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I'm still in Steiger's corner. I doubt we let him leave, he's been pretty solid despite not being 100% this year. Next year he should be back at 100% and playing like a pro bowler again, I believe.

I'm not a huge fan of LeRibeus. IMO he has to improve a lot if ever wants to start.

I'm a fan of Korys also. It was a pretty terrible injury hes only about 13 months removed from. No ones going to be knocking down his door when he hits FA. I think we can bring him back on the cheap and let him and LeRibeus battle it out.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big44dog wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I'm a fan of Korys also. It was a pretty terrible injury hes only about 13 months removed from. No ones going to be knocking down his door when he hits FA. I think we can bring him back on the cheap and let him and LeRibeus battle it out.

You don't have to keep one or the other; you can choose to keep both. LeRibeus is going to be dirt cheap under his rookie contract and Lichtensteiger's not likely to get a really big deal, as you point out. Keep both, especially if LeRibeus can also fill in as a backup center (it was Josh who was trying that out this offseason, right?).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: