Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Monty gets props!!!

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Marcus21


Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 1104
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Monty gets props!!! Reply with quote

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/will-montgomery-receives-accolades-0

Its nice to see our line get some love. They have played hard all year and are only 5 yards behin5 the 49ers in rushing!!!!
We should be seeing Leribus taking Korys spot in the near future. Kory was not played great this year, and has had a ton of yellow flags!!! Maybe its taking longer than expected to come back 100% from that knee, but I see Josh beating him out next year in camp for the LG spot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62165
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Aikman was talking him up like crazy in the Dallas game. Monty really has had a solid year. I'm glad we re-signed him
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 13; Final Cuts 36; Reg Season 44
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
footy_29


Joined: 31 Jan 2007
Posts: 11392
Location: The Frozen Tundra that is Canada
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steiger's false starts I cannot excuse, however he said when he re-injured his knee in pre-season that he would not be at full health all season. He seemed really disappointed with the setback.

Not sure Steiger gets a long-term deal anymore, having said that I doubt Leribeus will be ready for the start of 2013.
_________________

Blknite01's masterpiece
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62165
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still in Steiger's corner. I doubt we let him leave, he's been pretty solid despite not being 100% this year. Next year he should be back at 100% and playing like a pro bowler again, I believe.

I'm not a huge fan of LeRibeus. IMO he has to improve a lot if ever wants to start.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 13; Final Cuts 36; Reg Season 44
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
big44dog


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 926
Location: New York
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I'm still in Steiger's corner. I doubt we let him leave, he's been pretty solid despite not being 100% this year. Next year he should be back at 100% and playing like a pro bowler again, I believe.

I'm not a huge fan of LeRibeus. IMO he has to improve a lot if ever wants to start.


I'm a fan of Korys also. It was a pretty terrible injury hes only about 13 months removed from. No ones going to be knocking down his door when he hits FA. I think we can bring him back on the cheap and let him and LeRibeus battle it out.
_________________
. Mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 19356
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big44dog wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'm still in Steiger's corner. I doubt we let him leave, he's been pretty solid despite not being 100% this year. Next year he should be back at 100% and playing like a pro bowler again, I believe.

I'm not a huge fan of LeRibeus. IMO he has to improve a lot if ever wants to start.


I'm a fan of Korys also. It was a pretty terrible injury hes only about 13 months removed from. No ones going to be knocking down his door when he hits FA. I think we can bring him back on the cheap and let him and LeRibeus battle it out.


You don't have to keep one or the other; you can choose to keep both. LeRibeus is going to be dirt cheap under his rookie contract and Lichtensteiger's not likely to get a really big deal, as you point out. Keep both, especially if LeRibeus can also fill in as a backup center (it was Josh who was trying that out this offseason, right?).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group