Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs St Louis Rams
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 73, 74, 75  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Takes It?
49ers
81%
 81%  [ 18 ]
Rams
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 22

rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
c0insnap wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
scraly47* wrote:
Can anyone tell me how kaep looked yesterday?

Like Alex but a lot more mobile. Nothing spectacular in the way of passing, but when he decided to run, this dude could pick them up and put them down.

His pocket presence is so much better than Alex's, and even when he's avoiding defenders in the backfield or looking downfield he keeps his head and eyes up! Something Alex NEVER does.

I thought he looked great. Liked the fire he plays with and offense seems to hum a lot more when he's in.

You bias has really clouded your judgement. What you call great pocket presence is a product of STL not being able to game plan for him. I'm not taking anything away from him but before we start heaping so much praise, lets see how well he does against a team that has a week to study his tendencies.

I think people mistake "standing in the pocket" for "pocket presence". Colin just didn't see the pressure come, like that time he fumbled the ball and the rams almost recovered. Colin did very little in-pocket movement and didn't take quick decisions. That's not good pocket presence. It actually shows a lack of awareness, if anything. But it was his first time facing a real NFL defense, not a preseason game, a 4th quarter reserve defense in a blowout or playing in a gimmicky role. The thing with Colin is that he can make all the throws, he can make great throws. But we still have to see what kind of decisions he can make. That's what worries me. That and ball security.

Yes, he wasn't able to maneuver as well as I wanted, but he stood tall in the pocket many times, which is a positive. There were times when I saw a Ram come right behind me and it seemed like he had no clue.

Simply put, the game hasn't slowed down for him just yet.

Well, he IS tall. :p

He's simply not ready, and it shows. He can make plays, but he can't read the defense well enough, both pre-snap and mid-play. Alex's 3 year contract was a necessity. The 3 years were a safety blanket for Kap. Kap should show great progress next offseason. He should challenge Alex. If he needs more time, Alex can play one more year, then we give Kap another go the following offseason, with still one more year of safety with Alex. If Kap's progression stalls (which I don't expect), we would still have time to explore options in the draft. Alex's contract was perfect. And IF we happen to win with Alex (win = superbowl win here), then we got a bargain. But back to Kap... he will need time, and we can't afford the losses that would come with his learning curve right now. Let's hope Alex is fine.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
c0insnap wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
scraly47* wrote:
Can anyone tell me how kaep looked yesterday?

Like Alex but a lot more mobile. Nothing spectacular in the way of passing, but when he decided to run, this dude could pick them up and put them down.

His pocket presence is so much better than Alex's, and even when he's avoiding defenders in the backfield or looking downfield he keeps his head and eyes up! Something Alex NEVER does.

I thought he looked great. Liked the fire he plays with and offense seems to hum a lot more when he's in.

You bias has really clouded your judgement. What you call great pocket presence is a product of STL not being able to game plan for him. I'm not taking anything away from him but before we start heaping so much praise, lets see how well he does against a team that has a week to study his tendencies.

I think people mistake "standing in the pocket" for "pocket presence". Colin just didn't see the pressure come, like that time he fumbled the ball and the rams almost recovered. Colin did very little in-pocket movement and didn't take quick decisions. That's not good pocket presence. It actually shows a lack of awareness, if anything. But it was his first time facing a real NFL defense, not a preseason game, a 4th quarter reserve defense in a blowout or playing in a gimmicky role. The thing with Colin is that he can make all the throws, he can make great throws. But we still have to see what kind of decisions he can make. That's what worries me. That and ball security.

Yes, he wasn't able to maneuver as well as I wanted, but he stood tall in the pocket many times, which is a positive. There were times when I saw a Ram come right behind me and it seemed like he had no clue.

Simply put, the game hasn't slowed down for him just yet.

Well, he IS tall. :p

He's simply not ready, and it shows. He can make plays, but he can't read the defense well enough, both pre-snap and mid-play. Alex's 3 year contract was a necessity. The 3 years were a safety blanket for Kap. Kap should show great progress next offseason. He should challenge Alex. If he needs more time, Alex can play one more year, then we give Kap another go the following offseason, with still one more year of safety with Alex. If Kap's progression stalls (which I don't expect), we would still have time to explore options in the draft. Alex's contract was perfect. And IF we happen to win with Alex (win = superbowl win here), then we got a bargain. But back to Kap... he will need time, and we can't afford the losses that would come with his learning curve right now. Let's hope Alex is fine.

Yes, Kap certainly needs time. I don't think he'll need another year, but I think an off-season will do well for him. I'm not sure what else he can learn sitting on the bench for another season, and think he'd benefit from some real game time, although I'm not a coach, so what do I know? I was hoping that we'd clinch early to give him the last week to start, but it looks like another fight to the finish for our playoff hopes.

I hope Alex is alright too. He looked really bad out there, in terms of being dazed. And you know it's bad when he takes himself out of a game. Let's hope he doesn't turn out like Vick and have these issues all year.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kap runs like Popeyes wife lol. His legs are freaking huge and skinny!

The dude could hop over our Dline, He looked good. Has a better arm than

Troy Smith.. But yes we couldn't game plan around him. But if you guys

would have had Alex we would have won. That pressure was getting to him, and of course his dink and dunk ways.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:

would have had Alex we would have won. That pressure was getting to him, and of course his dink and dunk ways.

All he did after being concussed was run a drive for a TD. No concussion, I think we would have come back before the end of the half and owned the second half.

neezy007

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
El ramster wrote:

All he did after being concussed was run a drive for a TD. No concussion, I think we would have come back before the end of the half and owned the second half.

As much heat as Alex catches his dink and dunk ways win us games. Crabtree and Manningham are both good WRs for him. Especially Crabtree now that Smith is finally throwing him the ball. Yesterdays game was strange because Kaep can and will make throws Alex won't, but Alex is more accurate underneath, and makes it easier on guys because he doesn't heave that ball out at 1000 miles per hour.

I believe Kaep can do what Alex can do plus add things to our offense but it was a little nerve racking because of ball security. We don't really know what to expect from Kaep.

I think we would have won the game if he would have run more. There was plays when he was looking down field, which is good, but with the speed he has shown I'm sure he could have gotten more yards running. If he would have gotten hurt we would have been in trouble though.
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would have had more Sacks if Alex was there. Our D line was on it yesterday, Alex looked rattled. You can't deny that. Kaep bought you time with his legs(Just gashed us), Not to mention I have never seen fumbles go your way so much lol. It's like if the ball had a magnet. Alex would not have won you that game yesterday. Our D line was punking your Oline for most of the game.. Kaep is one scary prospect because he has a arm! and has guts to make tough throws.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
We would have had more Sacks if Alex was there. Our D line was on it yesterday, Alex looked rattled. You can't deny that. Kaep bought you time with his legs(Just gashed us), Not to mention I have never seen fumbles go your way so much lol. It's like if the ball had a magnet. Alex would not have won you that game yesterday. Our D line was punking your Oline for most of the game.. Kaep is one scary prospect because he has a arm! and has guts to make tough throws.

He looked concussed, not rattled. He did pull that TD drive. Was it just blind luck? Give him credit. Your D-Line was amazing, but 4 players do not make a team. You're also lucky we played very sloppy special teams, letting your P throw for two first downs. It wasn't as one-sided as you think.

neezy007

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:

To be honest you could have the worst D-line in the world and if any of the lineman got some day light Smith would have tucked the ball and taken the sack. You should know this by now. That's what he does!
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:

Anyone can deny that. Alex never looked rattled. He looked concussed, for sure, but not rattled. His final drive had him 5 of 5 for 60 yards and a TD. He had the 4 yard run that had him get the giant hit. He was sacked once, and he had the first down QB sneak where the concussion supposedly happened. Yet through all of that, he didn't miss a pass, and led a TD drive. The previous drive ended on 3 straight Frank Gore runs, which had nothing to do with Alex.

If that's your definition of "rattled" then I hope all our quarterbacks play so "rattled" every game.

And did I ever mention to anyone on this forum how much I hate hypothetical scenarios that didn't happen?

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 26th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #25, Eddie George: 51
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 578
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:

And did I ever mention to anyone on this forum how much I hate hypothetical scenarios that didn't happen?

You might have said that, but how would we know it was true? I personally assumed you just love them.

y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:

You might have said that, but how would we know it was true? I personally assumed you just love them.

I love facts and predictions...not "Let's say this happened instead of what did yesterday so I could prove we were the better team." It's annoying. Both teams refused to win this game. As evidenced by Akers missing a makeable field goal, the neither team wanting to get off the field on 4th down, and the Rams making dumb mistakes when they were in the process of winning the game (twice).

El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:

I love facts and predictions...not "Let's say this happened instead of what did yesterday so I could prove we were the better team." It's annoying. Both teams refused to win this game. As evidenced by Akers missing a makeable field goal, the neither team wanting to get off the field on 4th down, and the Rams making dumb mistakes when they were in the process of winning the game (twice).

I'll agree with that. But the way your Oline played. Alex was rattled before that concussion hit. Now It's pretty easy to complete passes when
the ball travels 2-5 yards in the air, He was dinking it all day. Props to Crabs because he was doing work and Dalh blows as a safety.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
I'll agree with that. But the way your Oline played. Alex was rattled before that concussion hit. Now It's pretty easy to complete passes when
the ball travels 2-5 yards in the air, He was dinking it all day. Props to Crabs because he was doing work and Dalh blows as a safety.

I give you a pass since you don't watch us often, but Alex is more than used to taking hits and sacks. And I understand it's easy to complete passes that go 2-5 yards - that's what we do and that's why we do it. It's nothing different than the game Alex had against the Cardinals on Monday night a few weeks back when he finished 18 of 19. It's our style, and it's the way Alex is most comfortable. If anything, you guys kept him comfortable.

Brodie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you guys think of Bradford yesterday?

Kaep was killing us with his damn legs, always hated playing against running Qbs.

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
El ramster wrote:

I give you a pass since you don't watch us often, but Alex is more than used to taking hits and sacks. And I understand it's easy to complete passes that go 2-5 yards - that's what we do and that's why we do it. It's nothing different than the game Alex had against the Cardinals on Monday night a few weeks back when he finished 18 of 19. It's our style, and it's the way Alex is most comfortable. If anything, you guys kept him comfortable.

I like your Avy so let's just shake on it. Can't wait for the next game.
San Fran will bring the heat at the Ejd Laughing

BBL

mozwanted wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 74 of 75

Jump to: