Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs St Louis Rams
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Takes It?
49ers
81%
 81%  [ 18 ]
Rams
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 22

Author Message
y2lamanaki


Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 03 Jan 2006
Posts: 10278
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bond_007x wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:
A lot of Rams fans on the site seem to think the refs gave us this game. I'm confused by this. Yeah they had heart breaking penalties but they were penalties. Amendolas 80 yard catch, clearly illegal formation. Delay of game on the 53 yarder, cant argue that. The end of the game where the refs took 5-7 seconds re-spotting the ball did not cost them the game. I mean if your going to complain about the refs then you complain about the 1:20 or so time that was run off the clock which ended up IMO hurting us. And they can thank David Akers for missing a chip shot FG. Rams fans.....lulz.

Times like this is where I wish I drank alcohol.....


LULZ? Rolling Eyes

The Niners shouldn't have even made it to over time. And yes, those extra few seconds would have given another shot for our kicker. Albeit probably a 60+, but he has the leg. He could have made it.


You're right, we shouldn't have made it to OT. The 1 minute+ that was lost in the first half meant that you guys were able to run the last 20 seconds of the first half without punting. With that extra minute plus, we would have had a chance for a final first half drive to kick a field goal with our own kicker who could kick 60+.

He just can't kick 40-50.
_________________


Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 26th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #25, Eddie George: 51
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 578
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 9460
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers4life52 wrote:
This tie left me with a bad taste in my mouth.
I'm a little torn. On one hand we came out without a loss. On the other hand I thought we would lose the game. It is what it is I guess. As long as the team wants blood on Mon night and beats the Bears I'll be happy.
_________________

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NinerNation21


Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 1744
Location: South Central PA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Bond_007x wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:
A lot of Rams fans on the site seem to think the refs gave us this game. I'm confused by this. Yeah they had heart breaking penalties but they were penalties. Amendolas 80 yard catch, clearly illegal formation. Delay of game on the 53 yarder, cant argue that. The end of the game where the refs took 5-7 seconds re-spotting the ball did not cost them the game. I mean if your going to complain about the refs then you complain about the 1:20 or so time that was run off the clock which ended up IMO hurting us. And they can thank David Akers for missing a chip shot FG. Rams fans.....lulz.

Times like this is where I wish I drank alcohol.....


LULZ? Rolling Eyes

The Niners shouldn't have even made it to over time. And yes, those extra few seconds would have given another shot for our kicker. Albeit probably a 60+, but he has the leg. He could have made it.


You're right, we shouldn't have made it to OT. The 1 minute+ that was lost in the first half meant that you guys were able to run the last 20 seconds of the first half without punting. With that extra minute plus, we would have had a chance for a final first half drive to kick a field goal with our own kicker who could kick 60+.

He just can't kick 40-50.


I think they're probably refering to the Kaep rushing TD that was reviewed. It was really close and I though there was a chance it would be overturned.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
y2lamanaki


Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 03 Jan 2006
Posts: 10278
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
Bond_007x wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:
A lot of Rams fans on the site seem to think the refs gave us this game. I'm confused by this. Yeah they had heart breaking penalties but they were penalties. Amendolas 80 yard catch, clearly illegal formation. Delay of game on the 53 yarder, cant argue that. The end of the game where the refs took 5-7 seconds re-spotting the ball did not cost them the game. I mean if your going to complain about the refs then you complain about the 1:20 or so time that was run off the clock which ended up IMO hurting us. And they can thank David Akers for missing a chip shot FG. Rams fans.....lulz.

Times like this is where I wish I drank alcohol.....


LULZ? Rolling Eyes

The Niners shouldn't have even made it to over time. And yes, those extra few seconds would have given another shot for our kicker. Albeit probably a 60+, but he has the leg. He could have made it.


You're right, we shouldn't have made it to OT. The 1 minute+ that was lost in the first half meant that you guys were able to run the last 20 seconds of the first half without punting. With that extra minute plus, we would have had a chance for a final first half drive to kick a field goal with our own kicker who could kick 60+.

He just can't kick 40-50.


I think they're probably refering to the Kaep rushing TD that was reviewed. It was really close and I though there was a chance it would be overturned.


Even in that case, if it was overturned it's 1st and goal at the inch-line. I have the utmost faith we'd cash in on that.
_________________


Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 26th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #25, Eddie George: 51
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 578
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NinerNation21


Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 1744
Location: South Central PA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
Bond_007x wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:
A lot of Rams fans on the site seem to think the refs gave us this game. I'm confused by this. Yeah they had heart breaking penalties but they were penalties. Amendolas 80 yard catch, clearly illegal formation. Delay of game on the 53 yarder, cant argue that. The end of the game where the refs took 5-7 seconds re-spotting the ball did not cost them the game. I mean if your going to complain about the refs then you complain about the 1:20 or so time that was run off the clock which ended up IMO hurting us. And they can thank David Akers for missing a chip shot FG. Rams fans.....lulz.

Times like this is where I wish I drank alcohol.....


LULZ? Rolling Eyes

The Niners shouldn't have even made it to over time. And yes, those extra few seconds would have given another shot for our kicker. Albeit probably a 60+, but he has the leg. He could have made it.


You're right, we shouldn't have made it to OT. The 1 minute+ that was lost in the first half meant that you guys were able to run the last 20 seconds of the first half without punting. With that extra minute plus, we would have had a chance for a final first half drive to kick a field goal with our own kicker who could kick 60+.

He just can't kick 40-50.


I think they're probably refering to the Kaep rushing TD that was reviewed. It was really close and I though there was a chance it would be overturned.


Even in that case, if it was overturned it's 1st and goal at the inch-line. I have the utmost faith we'd cash in on that.


Absolutely, I do too. I think they're probably just looking for anything to use as the reason for the bad officiating for them. But as mentioned before, the Rams just kept shooting themselves in the foot and thats why the Rams are the Rams

I fully believe if Alex played the whole game the 49ers would've won. I think Kaep did a great job given the context of the situation but I definitely think the 49ers would've won if Alex wouldn't have gotten hurt.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Gridirongreat#9


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 7926
Location: Ask your mom!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scraly47* wrote:
Can anyone tell me how kaep looked yesterday?


Like Alex but a lot more mobile. Nothing spectacular in the way of passing, but when he decided to run, this dude could pick them up and put them down.
_________________

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
c0insnap


Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Posts: 14859
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
scraly47* wrote:
Can anyone tell me how kaep looked yesterday?


Like Alex but a lot more mobile. Nothing spectacular in the way of passing, but when he decided to run, this dude could pick them up and put them down.


His pocket presence is so much better than Alex's, and even when he's avoiding defenders in the backfield or looking downfield he keeps his head and eyes up! Something Alex NEVER does.

I thought he looked great. Liked the fire he plays with and offense seems to hum a lot more when he's in.
_________________

Beast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
NinerNation21


Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 1744
Location: South Central PA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
scraly47* wrote:
Can anyone tell me how kaep looked yesterday?


Like Alex but a lot more mobile. Nothing spectacular in the way of passing, but when he decided to run, this dude could pick them up and put them down.


I thought he looked pretty good considering the circumstances. Yes his first series was bad and missed an EASY TD but he settled down and relaxed his nerves and started moving the ball. His decision making for when to run was exceptional. When he wanted to run he ran and didnt second guess it. His passing was sporadic but he made some nice throws and wasnt keying in on any one WR. He EOP (Equal Opportunity Passer).

I thought he commanded the offense well. He was given the two play option like Alex and he made good decisions with that. He looked pretty poised for his first real substantial playing time in a pressure game.

I also loved the passion and the swagger he was showing. He looked pumped to be out there making plays and his confidence was raising as he got deeper into the game. Real good to see.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Chrissooner49er


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 4056
Location: Tulsa, OK
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
scraly47* wrote:
Can anyone tell me how kaep looked yesterday?


Like Alex but a lot more mobile. Nothing spectacular in the way of passing, but when he decided to run, this dude could pick them up and put them down.


His pocket presence is so much better than Alex's, and even when he's avoiding defenders in the backfield or looking downfield he keeps his head and eyes up! Something Alex NEVER does.

I thought he looked great. Liked the fire he plays with and offense seems to hum a lot more when he's in.


Definitely selective memory there! Laughing How about when Kaep locked on to Moss deep but didn't pull the trigger and stood there...and stood there...and tried to check down to Gore but a previously wide open Gore was then covered and Kaep decided to scamper for a total of 2 yards.

Not saying Kaep sucked because he didn't (in fact, once he settled down, he was pretty good--aside from the fumbles), but be careful that your bias against Alex doesn't color your opinion of Kaep.

EDIT: Okay that play didn't have much to do with pocket presence just the time it takes him to make the choice/decision.
_________________
fa·nat·ic (f-ntk)
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.
Draft wishes:1st-Beckham/Cooks,Fuller/Verrett;2nd-T. Murphy,Moncrief,Su'a-Filo,M. Smith;3rd-Abbrederis,Ben Gardner,J.Watkins,T. Reilly...


Last edited by Chrissooner49er on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scraly47*


Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 3966
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
scraly47* wrote:
Can anyone tell me how kaep looked yesterday?


Like Alex but a lot more mobile. Nothing spectacular in the way of passing, but when he decided to run, this dude could pick them up and put them down.


I thought he looked pretty good considering the circumstances. Yes his first series was bad and missed an EASY TD but he settled down and relaxed his nerves and started moving the ball. His decision making for when to run was exceptional. When he wanted to run he ran and didnt second guess it. His passing was sporadic but he made some nice throws and wasnt keying in on any one WR. He EOP (Equal Opportunity Passer).

I thought he commanded the offense well. He was given the two play option like Alex and he made good decisions with that. He looked pretty poised for his first real substantial playing time in a pressure game.

I also loved the passion and the swagger he was showing. He looked pumped to be out there making plays and his confidence was raising as he got deeper into the game. Real good to see.


I was able to see the first series he played in and I wasn't too nervous about it. I just kept telling myself that he just needed to calm down his nerves.

I was able to see the OT portion of the game and I have to agree that the kid has good pocket presence and he does keep his eyes up when he starts to move out of the pocket. The only thing I didn't like was that he held onto the ball just a bit too long at times. I think if he is given the whole week with the first team, he might do a good job against the bears if Alex is out.

for the team overall, I wasn't too happy that we left a few seconds on the clock before OT. I thought that 8 seconds was enough to throw a fade to moss and then kick the FG. I also didn't like how we didn't set up Akers good for the FG in OT. I wished that we would have centered the ball for akers(I believe the ball was positioned more to the right.). Defense scares me a bit, that's three games this year that we haven't been able to tackle well. Sjax broke too many tackles yesterday. From what I see, it seems like the opposing team's Gs are able to move to the next level to Willis and Bowman and as great as those two are, they can't do much one on one with a 325+ lb guy in their face. Our gap control with Smith, Soap and Ray isn't as consistent as last year. I am a bit nervous about our game vs the Bears b/c if our defense plays like that on MNF then it might be a long night.
_________________


-Lork
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gridirongreat#9


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 7926
Location: Ask your mom!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
scraly47* wrote:
Can anyone tell me how kaep looked yesterday?


Like Alex but a lot more mobile. Nothing spectacular in the way of passing, but when he decided to run, this dude could pick them up and put them down.


His pocket presence is so much better than Alex's, and even when he's avoiding defenders in the backfield or looking downfield he keeps his head and eyes up! Something Alex NEVER does.

I thought he looked great. Liked the fire he plays with and offense seems to hum a lot more when he's in.


You bias has really clouded your judgement. What you call great pocket presence is a product of STL not being able to game plan for him. I'm not taking anything away from him but before we start heaping so much praise, lets see how well he does against a team that has a week to study his tendencies.
_________________

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gridirongreat#9


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 7926
Location: Ask your mom!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add to that the two or three fumbles that he had that could have cost us, I would say that him play could be another reason to wait to crown him. Keep in mind that this isnt the only time ball security has been an issue with him. I like what he brings to the table but he needs to control it. He should call up Steve Young for advice.
_________________

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13366
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
c0insnap wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
scraly47* wrote:
Can anyone tell me how kaep looked yesterday?


Like Alex but a lot more mobile. Nothing spectacular in the way of passing, but when he decided to run, this dude could pick them up and put them down.


His pocket presence is so much better than Alex's, and even when he's avoiding defenders in the backfield or looking downfield he keeps his head and eyes up! Something Alex NEVER does.

I thought he looked great. Liked the fire he plays with and offense seems to hum a lot more when he's in.


You bias has really clouded your judgement. What you call great pocket presence is a product of STL not being able to game plan for him. I'm not taking anything away from him but before we start heaping so much praise, lets see how well he does against a team that has a week to study his tendencies.



I think people mistake "standing in the pocket" for "pocket presence". Colin just didn't see the pressure come, like that time he fumbled the ball and the rams almost recovered. Colin did very little in-pocket movement and didn't take quick decisions. That's not good pocket presence. It actually shows a lack of awareness, if anything. But it was his first time facing a real NFL defense, not a preseason game, a 4th quarter reserve defense in a blowout or playing in a gimmicky role. The thing with Colin is that he can make all the throws, he can make great throws. But we still have to see what kind of decisions he can make. That's what worries me. That and ball security.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 23099
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
c0insnap wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
scraly47* wrote:
Can anyone tell me how kaep looked yesterday?


Like Alex but a lot more mobile. Nothing spectacular in the way of passing, but when he decided to run, this dude could pick them up and put them down.


His pocket presence is so much better than Alex's, and even when he's avoiding defenders in the backfield or looking downfield he keeps his head and eyes up! Something Alex NEVER does.

I thought he looked great. Liked the fire he plays with and offense seems to hum a lot more when he's in.


Definitely selective memory there! Laughing How about when Kaep locked on to Moss deep but didn't pull the trigger and stood there...and stood there...and tried to check down to Gore but a previously wide open Gore was then covered and Kaep decided to scamper for a total of 2 yards.

Not saying Kaep sucked because he didn't (in fact, once he settled down, he was pretty good--aside from the fumbles), but be careful that your bias against Alex doesn't color your opinion of Kaep.

EDIT: Okay that play didn't have much to do with pocket presence just the time it takes him to make the choice/decision.


Are you talking about the play where Kap looked like he was about to run out, so Gore turn around to block, but then Kap wanted to pass it to Gore? That play was a mess Laughing

I honestly think Kap did very well, given the circumstances. Clearly he was a bit shaken and really jittery at first, but he's young and it was his turn to prove himself. He definitely missed some guys, KW running the post and I think the announcers said he could have had Moss. This is stuff that he should get, but I can't blame him because he doesn't get any reps during practice.

Once he settled down, his accuracy got better and was able to fit the ball into some windows. The receivers had problems adjusting to the kind of velocity to his throw at first, especially Crabs. Mario and Moss both have experience with QB's who can throw the ball on a rope, so they adjusted quickly enough.

Is he the future? Yes I think so, but he's not the guy who will get us there this year. Alex is that guy, and this offense is catered to his skill set.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 23099
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
c0insnap wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
scraly47* wrote:
Can anyone tell me how kaep looked yesterday?


Like Alex but a lot more mobile. Nothing spectacular in the way of passing, but when he decided to run, this dude could pick them up and put them down.


His pocket presence is so much better than Alex's, and even when he's avoiding defenders in the backfield or looking downfield he keeps his head and eyes up! Something Alex NEVER does.

I thought he looked great. Liked the fire he plays with and offense seems to hum a lot more when he's in.


You bias has really clouded your judgement. What you call great pocket presence is a product of STL not being able to game plan for him. I'm not taking anything away from him but before we start heaping so much praise, lets see how well he does against a team that has a week to study his tendencies.



I think people mistake "standing in the pocket" for "pocket presence". Colin just didn't see the pressure come, like that time he fumbled the ball and the rams almost recovered. Colin did very little in-pocket movement and didn't take quick decisions. That's not good pocket presence. It actually shows a lack of awareness, if anything. But it was his first time facing a real NFL defense, not a preseason game, a 4th quarter reserve defense in a blowout or playing in a gimmicky role. The thing with Colin is that he can make all the throws, he can make great throws. But we still have to see what kind of decisions he can make. That's what worries me. That and ball security.


Yes, he wasn't able to maneuver as well as I wanted, but he stood tall in the pocket many times, which is a positive. There were times when I saw a Ram come right behind me and it seemed like he had no clue.

Simply put, the game hasn't slowed down for him just yet.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 73 of 75

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group