Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stanford Routt?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Stanford Routt? Reply with quote

With our secondary obviously being a weakness right now, do you guys think we should make a play for Stanford Routt and let him be the RCB and keep Jimmy in the slot or something?

I'm not saying I want him, but just an option.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Routt isn't good. Better than Corey Graham, sure, but not worth paying him to be our #3 CB for 8 games because his $10m option for 2013 is going to prevent him from sticking around longer than this season.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But he had that burn percentage 2 years ago!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Routt isn't good. Better than Corey Graham, sure, but not worth paying him to be our #3 CB for 8 games because his $10m option for 2013 is going to prevent him from sticking around longer than this season.

he might be worth taking a look at, he could be a quality nickel of dime back. Routt's a vested veteran, so assuming he clears waivers, we could offer him the league minimum for the rest of the year, and Kansas City would be on the hook for the rest.
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say Routt is better than Jimmy Smith. I got a feeling we are going to pick him up.

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
I would say Routt is better than Jimmy Smith. I got a feeling we are going to pick him up.

If we are able to pay him minimum wage for the remainder of the year, I don't see why we wouldn't take a shot with him at the very least.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
KiddKillah wrote:

If we are able to pay him minimum wage for the remainder of the year, I don't see why we wouldn't take a shot with him at the very least.

Yeah I'd be all for it. From what I'm hearing, Chiefs fans are kinda mad he got cut, said he was playing at a decent level. This dude was considered one of the top CB's when Oakland signed him to that big deal not too long ago. Right now, I'd love to see him as our #1 to be honest. He's definitely better than Jimmy and can't be any worse than Cary.

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
KiddKillah wrote:

Yeah I'd be all for it. From what I'm hearing, Chiefs fans are kinda mad he got cut, said he was playing at a decent level. This dude was considered one of the top CB's when Oakland signed him to that big deal not too long ago. Right now, I'd love to see him as our #1 to be honest. He's definitely better than Jimmy and can't be any worse than Cary.

Right now, yes, I'd like to see him on the outside as well. He's just underperforming on a horrible team. Who knows, new team, new start, you could see something good for him and if not, we aren't REALLY losing anything.

BlaqOptic wrote:
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does look tempting, but I'd pass. Routt will only serve to stunt Jimmy's growth. We insert him onto the team and now what. Jim Cary don't play the slot... So now Jimmy is likely demoted to 4th corner as Graham continues to be our nickel guy.

We have to stick to our guns and hope they pay off by the end of the season as Jimmy gets more experience.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
KiddKillah wrote:

Your source for the best objective talent evaluation?

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
KiddKillah wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
KiddKillah wrote:

Your source for the best objective talent evaluation?
If he was the Chiefs #2 corner, that probably means he is the 3rd most talented corner in the league.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=503948&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

I don't see too many Chiefs fans saying he was playing at a decent level...

Routt is not needed in Baltimore. Coming into a new system he's not going to start this late in the season and I doubt he would be any better than either Smith or Williams (and that's saying something in Williams' case). Routt might be an upgrade over Graham but it's not like he has played poorly for the Ravens. There isn't much to say about his potential as the dime CB since the defense rarely uses 4 CBs on the field at the same time.
Jamal55

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can he rush the passer?
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamal55 wrote:
Can he rush the passer?

Think Never heard of it. What does it entail exactly?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Jamal55 wrote:
Can he rush the passer?

Think Never heard of it. What does it entail exactly?
I believe it has something to do with, and this is just my best guesstimation, spinning a Lazy Susan very fast.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: