Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stanford Routt?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StRawz11

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
Jamal55 wrote:
Can he rush the passer?

Think Never heard of it. What does it entail exactly?
I believe it has something to do with, and this is just my best guesstimation, spinning a Lazy Susan very fast.

I thought rushing the passer was a political term for voting??

"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StRawz11 wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
Jamal55 wrote:
Can he rush the passer?

I believe it has something to do with, and this is just my best guesstimation, spinning a Lazy Susan very fast.

I thought it was the type of degree you get when you graduate from Ball So Hard University Question

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
KiddKillah wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
KiddKillah wrote:
I would say Routt is better than Jimmy Smith. I got a feeling we are going to pick him up.

If we are able to pay him minimum wage for the remainder of the year, I don't see why we wouldn't take a shot with him at the very least.

Yeah I'd be all for it. From what I'm hearing, Chiefs fans are kinda mad he got cut, said he was playing at a decent level. This dude was considered one of the top CB's when Oakland signed him to that big deal not too long ago. Right now, I'd love to see him as our #1 to be honest. He's definitely better than Jimmy and can't be any worse than Cary.

Your source for the best objective talent evaluation?

Hahahaha...

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
Jamal55 wrote:
Can he rush the passer?

I thought it was the type of degree you get when you graduate from Ball So Hard University Question

Think
Perhaps you're all right. Maybe it's a pliable term able to fit into most any sentence to create a loose connection between phrases... I have no idea what that means exactly, but perhaps... I'll have to consider this further....
Think

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
Jamal55 wrote:
Can he rush the passer?

Think
Perhaps you're all right. Maybe it's a pliable term able to fit into most any sentence to create a loose connection between phrases... I have no idea what that means exactly, but perhaps... I'll have to consider this further....
Think

This seems like too big a question for us...Better call in:

BlaqOptic wrote:
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't want to create a new thread, but speaking of rushing the passer and waiver wire pickups, Ray Edwards was just released by Atlanta.

He has been absolute crap this year so there's the possibility that he adds nothing to whatever team he catches on with, but he had 16.5 sacks between 2009 and 2010 (3.5 since then). He's only 27 years old and isn't lacking for talent, so he could perhaps be revitalized in the right kind of situation, and he would not be lacking for opportunities to prove himself even if as a more traditional 4-3 DE he doesn't really fit our defense.

Worth checking out in my eyes. We play the waiver wire pretty well, I think Edwards is the kind of pickup that makes sense for us and is worth pondering.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a big on Edwards. He's a pure 4-3 LDE and I don't think he brings enough of a pass-rush to do much for this defense. Now that Suggs is back I'd much rather see Upshaw or Kruger at that position when they're running 4-man DL sets.

Going back to Routt I'm still not in favor of the Ravens going after him. A lot of the comments you hear from Chiefs fans involve the words "soft" and "finesse." It's not like he was playing well for Kansas City either (I know, duh that's why they cut him) and I really doubt he would bring much of anything to Baltimore's pass-defense.
alfalcone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamal55 wrote:
Can he rush the passer?

Ray Edward can
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not in favor of bringing in Edwards either, honestly. Atlanta has a good defense, but he wasn't really doing much there. I saw in another thread a Falcons' fan saying it was like they had 10 men on defense when Edwards was playing. I think he very much benefitted from Minnesota DL with the Williams wall and Jared Allen while he was there. Add to that I don't see him being an upgrade over either Kruger or Upshaw and he'd do nothing but take time away from them to continue to develop. It'd be nice if he could be a situational pass rusher type, but I don't see that from him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point I think you'd really have to know that he'd add something to the roster in terms of a pass rush in order to add him, and I'm not sure he can do that.

If he couldn't get any production in Atlanta, on an undefeated team, with a defense playing lights out, I don't see how he's going to find motivation to get production here.

BlaqOptic wrote:
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
At this point I think you'd really have to know that he'd add something to the roster in terms of a pass rush in order to add him, and I'm not sure he can do that.

If he couldn't get any production in Atlanta, on an undefeated team, with a defense playing lights out, I don't see how he's going to find motivation to get production here.
You never know, though. The reports that his work ethic was terrible and that he was partying too much are certainly concerning, but maybe getting cut and realizing that he is all of a sudden on the verge of washing out in this league could serve as the motivation he needs to wake up, or at least show enough production to get back to being a rotational guy. Sometimes a fresh start and new environment, maybe a recognition that things could be lost so quickly changes someone's attitude. And I think our organization and it's professional environment stands as good a shot as any at getting someone to rekindle their motivation.

Not saying it's any sort of slam dunk, but I think given how poor our pass rush has looked, he's worth exploring as a guy to throw into the defensive line rotation, even if his contribution was to just play 10 to 15 snaps a game in obvious passing situations. With McPhee banged up he could possibly provide cover there if he does show in a tryout that he's got something to offer. I realize he's only ever been a pure 4-3 guy, but in certain looks and situations I don't think that precludes him from having use in our defense. McPhee and Ngata are both battling injuries, so I think from the defensive line we could use a jolt of pass rush help there even if Suggs is back to help shore up the linebacking core.

I think it's worth a look, though the odds are he's got nothing left. But at least bringing him in for a tryout if he's not picked up elswhere? Maybe worth a look. I'd like to explore any avenue to improve our pass rush.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

You never know, though. The reports that his work ethic was terrible and that he was partying too much are certainly concerning, but maybe getting cut and realizing that he is all of a sudden on the verge of washing out in this league could serve as the motivation he needs to wake up, or at least show enough production to get back to being a rotational guy. Sometimes a fresh start and new environment, maybe a recognition that things could be lost so quickly changes someone's attitude. And I think our organization and it's professional environment stands as good a shot as any at getting someone to rekindle their motivation.

Not saying it's any sort of slam dunk, but I think given how poor our pass rush has looked, he's worth exploring as a guy to throw into the defensive line rotation, even if his contribution was to just play 10 to 15 snaps a game in obvious passing situations. With McPhee banged up he could possibly provide cover there if he does show in a tryout that he's got something to offer. I realize he's only ever been a pure 4-3 guy, but in certain looks and situations I don't think that precludes him from having use in our defense. McPhee and Ngata are both battling injuries, so I think from the defensive line we could use a jolt of pass rush help there even if Suggs is back to help shore up the linebacking core.

I think it's worth a look, though the odds are he's got nothing left. But at least bringing him in for a tryout if he's not picked up elswhere? Maybe worth a look. I'd like to explore any avenue to improve our pass rush.

A tryout I fully support. There's absolutely no reason not to atleast try him out to see how committed he is.

BlaqOptic wrote:
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:

That's assuming Edwards is any kind of competent pass-rusher though which from what I've been reading is not the case. Even Vikings fans weren't that high on him when he was producing (this is a consistent theme on this board and another one I frequent) and his performance in Atlanta did nothing to dispel the notion that he's an average player at best. I'm kind of comparing his two good sack seasons to the one Johnson had for Baltimore - a product of the talent around him more than anything. A tryout wouldn't hurt but my expectations wouldn't be much more than zero if the Ravens signed him.
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A guy I'd like to look at is Alameda Ta'amu. I know this guy is dumb and so immature, but if this guy can get his head right, he'd probably be a nice find. I'm sure he'd love to face his old team 2 times a year to show them why they shouldn't gave up on him so early.

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
A guy I'd like to look at is Alameda Ta'amu. I know this guy is dumb and so immature, but if this guy can get his head right, he'd probably be a nice find. I'm sure he'd love to face his old team 2 times a year to show them why they shouldn't gave up on him so early.

Not impressed. 4th round talent type guy, off the field issues, wasn't impressive in his limited time with the Steelers despite them needing DL help/depth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: