Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs promote LB coach Gary Gibbs to Defensive Coordinator
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
footballfan81

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be wrong, but wasn't there a fan created website urging the Saints to fire Gary Gibbs when he was their defensive coordinator a few years ago?
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's probly why he's our LB coach.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Ring of Fame

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because fan that rally to get a coach fired are always knowledgeable, logical, level-headed fans who should be making front office executive decisions on personnel. The same fans who raise and donate money to fly an infantile message behind a plane at a home game. It's childish and fan-boyish not to mention embarrassing for the rest of us.
Ring of Fame

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
I'm actually quite impressed that Crennell is willing to do this.

I've always had the sense that Romeo never truly wanted to be a head coach. I think him being such a great all-around guy got him in the position to receive the offer and he (naturally...) felt he had to accept. He's not much of a politician - a major aspect of the job - and he's a lover, not a fighter. He seems inclined to pat guys on the back and be their father-figure motivator. Not a lot of fear from the players which is concerning.

Honestly I think in Crennel's perfect world he'd stick around with this young defense as the Defensive Coordinator and we bring in a new head coach. I think he'd be happy as hell to hand the reigns over to someone and go back to what he loves - coaching the defensive side of the ball.

`
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring of Fame wrote:
Because fan that rally to get a coach fired are always knowledgeable, logical, level-headed fans who should be making front office executive decisions on personnel. The same fans who raise and donate money to fly an infantile message behind a plane at a home game. It's childish and fan-boyish not to mention embarrassing for the rest of us.

Maybe. But they're not wrong. It's clear Scott Pioli should not be making front office executive decisions for the Kansas City Chiefs. Maybe he's good enough to handle the smaller decisions, but the fans are much more qualified to handle the choices of HC, 1st round pick, and QB.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Ring of Fame

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Ring of Fame wrote:

Maybe. But they're not wrong. It's clear Scott Pioli should not be making front office executive decisions for the Kansas City Chiefs. Maybe he's good enough to handle the smaller decisions, but the fans are much more qualified to handle the choices of HC, 1st round pick, and QB.

This.

`
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring of Fame. I want to apologize - I never connected the dots before, but your most recent comments finally helped me out (I am an ignorant fan after all).

Listen, I guess as a fanbase we have grown frustrated with some of your decisions since you have taken over. We had high expectations that your experience in the New England front office would translate to Kansas City. IIt just doesn't seem like things have worked out the way everyone has wanted. So I guess I will open the discussion back to you, how do you plan on getting this franchise back on track?

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring of Fame wrote:
The same fans who raise and donate money to fly an infantile message behind a plane at a home game. It's childish and fan-boyish not to mention embarrassing for the rest of us.

I LOVED it. Cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf5WYigZHME
Ring of Fame

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Ring of Fame. I want to apologize - I never connected the dots before, but your most recent comments finally helped me out (I am an ignorant fan after all).

Listen, I guess as a fanbase we have grown frustrated with some of your decisions since you have taken over. We had high expectations that your experience in the New England front office would translate to Kansas City. IIt just doesn't seem like things have worked out the way everyone has wanted. So I guess I will open the discussion back to you, how do you plan on getting this franchise back on track?

It's not rocket science. Hire a new head coach, upgrade the QB position and continue to fill the roster out with talent. If we do that, we feel this team is a Top 12 team in the league with great upside.

People talk about blowing this team up like it's not crazy talented... and it makes no sense.

`
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring of Fame wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

It's not rocket science. Hire a new head coach, upgrade the QB position and continue to fill the roster out with talent. If we do that, we feel this team is a Top 12 team in the league with great upside.

People talk about blowing this team up like it's not crazy talented... and it makes no sense.

`

Then why can't the GM of the "knowledgeable, logical, level-headed fans" do those two things? That's exactly why i said we could make those big decisions as a fan base...it's not rocket science, yet our GM couldn't get a worse HC & QB if he tried. Not only that but he compounded each decision by giving one a big contract before playing a down and the other dual HC/DC duties.

footballfan81

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring of Fame wrote:

Well guess what? He did get fired because of his poor passive scheme which entailed rushing only the front 4. firegarygibbs.com was a real website once, and evidently, its creators were one step ahead of the New Orleans Saints organization.

I cant wait to see more read and react defense on MNF Rolling Eyes
Ring of Fame

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Ring of Fame wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

`

Then why can't the GM of the "knowledgeable, logical, level-headed fans" do those two things? That's exactly why i said we could make those big decisions as a fan base...it's not rocket science, yet our GM couldn't get a worse HC & QB if he tried. Not only that but he compounded each decision by giving one a big contract before playing a down and the other dual HC/DC duties.

He can... if he's not fired. Pioli's built a solid roster and put us in good financial position. In my opinion he deserves another draft/offseason to make this thing work. Remember - this guy isn't an idiot. Please remember this because it seems to get lost too easily.

`
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's definitely not an idiot, but he does seem to let his ego get in the way of decision making, or maybe it's penny pinching or whatever. Ultimately, for every good decision, he's easily made one terrible one too.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
He's definitely not an idiot, but he does seem to let his ego get in the way of decision making, or maybe it's penny pinching or whatever. Ultimately, for every good decision, he's easily made one terrible one too.

This. While he has made some good moves and picks, the most important ones he has miserably failed on. Those far outweigh the good things he's done.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Ring of Fame

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:

See I don't think that's the case. He's made two UNFORGIVABLE decisions: continuing to believe Cassel could lead this team long after it became clear he was among the most limited QB's in the league and failing to add talent at the most important position on the field. (I think we all liked the trade at the time, so the decision to trade for Cassel is fine by me.) Second, drafting Tyson Jackson. Yes, the 2009 draft class was shallow, but that doesn't excuse missing wildly on a No. 3 overall pick - not with Raji and Orakpo also on the board.

Those two failings - and they were MASSIVE failings, no doubt - are Pioli's original sin. Those are the two things that have driven Chiefs fans to the edge. It has NOT been a series of 'terrible' decisions that led to this. This is the misconception here. Fortunate for us, Pioli can right one of those wrongs by upgrading the QB position.

(Can't speak to the bugging phone lines, intimidation tactics, etc. inside the offices because we simply don't know exactly what happened.)

`

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: