Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dominic Raiola vs Anonymous GM
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OnlikeNdamukong

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Dominic Raiola vs Anonymous GM Reply with quote

This is getting good.....

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/11/07/dominic-raiola-questions-manhood-of-anonymous-gm-video/

Who thinks it is Matt Millen? Ha!
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's becoming a giant joke at this point. I really want to know who it is now lol.
JSMcTilty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we all know the Chiefs and Lions have a had a little thing going since the Jarrad Page incident, so Pioli maybe?
Laimbrane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said in the comments there... the first article came out the week after the Lions played the Vikings, and now the issue is resurfacing the week before they're playing the Vikings. I don't believe it's a coincidence.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiola talks too much.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dom's got a potty mouth Laughing
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
Raiola talks too much.

I dont think so in this case. Originally he was defending his team mates from an anonymous GM's attacks and now he is defending himself against the same anonymous GM's attacks. I think what he is saying is applicable here.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
Raiola talks too much.

I dont think so in this case. Originally he was defending his team mates from an anonymous GM's attacks and now he is defending himself against the same anonymous GM's attacks. I think what he is saying is applicable here.
Yeah the GM started it
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
detroitroar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laimbrane wrote:
Like I said in the comments there... the first article came out the week after the Lions played the Vikings, and now the issue is resurfacing the week before they're playing the Vikings. I don't believe it's a coincidence.

And IIRC, the mystery GM was noted as being a 'rival GM', which suggests a division opponent.

I dont know though. If I were on the Vikings, I dont think Id have the guts to talk smack about us with Ponder at QB. Perhaps thats the reason they've stayed anonymous.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using anonymity to share degrading unflattering comments is the act of a coward.

This isn't a matter of national security or a criminal case where telling the truth would put an individual in danger.

Someone has gone out of their way to criticize Mayhew and Schwartz while refusing to stand publicly behind the comments. Raiola has now been attacked for defending the organization. The individual making these comments has really crossed a line of decency and violated every concept of sportsmanship.

PFW is equally at fault for providing a venue for anonymous individuals to spout off.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
Using anonymity to share degrading unflattering comments is the act of a coward.

This isn't a matter of national security or a criminal case where telling the truth would put an individual in danger.

Someone has gone out of their way to criticize Mayhew and Schwartz while refusing to stand publicly behind the comments. Raiola has now been attacked for defending the organization. The individual making these comments has really crossed a line of decency and violated every concept of sportsmanship.

PFW is equally at fault for providing a venue for anonymous individuals to spout off.

I can understand allowing anonymous sources in certain situations, but not when it's a personal attack like these have been.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
OnlikeNdamukong

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:

PFW has since apologized and removed the article from the website I believe. At the very least hopefully this motivates Dom to have a good game this Sunday.
tytalton

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this quote came out as a result of two GM's going off the record with their comments. My guess is it was the 49ers and GB GM's sharing those quotes when the two teams met. I believe it fits the time frame and fits the animosity they have for Det so that is where my bet it....
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:

It was also bad journalism on the part of the author, editor, and publication. The article had to pass more than one set of eyes before it was published, and writing with anonymous sources is weak and almost always frowned upon.
MurfDLions

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm into conspiracies and believe Mad Mayhew said it to light a fire under his team.... just saying.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: