Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stanford Routt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id throw a 2 year deal at him right off the bat. Insurance incase Houston leaves. Albeit, very bad, unreliable insurance, but insurance nonetheless. Stanford Routt is PLPD insurance.
stylish313

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Id throw a 2 year deal at him right off the bat. Insurance incase Houston leaves. Albeit, very bad, unreliable insurance, but insurance nonetheless. Stanford Routt is PLPD insurance.
Not Mayhew's style.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Not Mayhew's style.

They did sign Joique Bell for two years at the end of last season. Routt being more of a veteran probably makes a difference, but this late in the year it's not uncommon to see teams sign guys to two-year deals.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions hosting Routt today.

http://www.freep.com/article/20121109/SPORTS01/121109035/1049/rss14

Miami is reportedly no longer interested, so the Routt sweepstakes is between us and Zona.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And remember, Routt set a combine record in fastest 40 yard dash, until Chris Johnson broke it. Routt plays best in bump and run, where he can use his aggressiveness combined with recovery speed to stick with receivers. At 6'1", he's best when lined up with taller receivers.
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
And remember, Routt set a combine record in fastest 40 yard dash, until Chris Johnson broke it. Routt plays best in bump and run, where he can use his aggressiveness combined with recovery speed to stick with receivers. At 6'1", he's best when lined up with taller receivers.
Definitely worth the risk. Best-case scenario he matches Houston's play and solidifies our starting CB tandem- and Mayhew manges to sign them both in the off-season. We'll still suck at safety and DE, but it's a start.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Definitely worth the risk. Best-case scenario he matches Houston's play and solidifies our starting CB tandem- and Mayhew manges to sign them both in the off-season. We'll still suck at safety and DE, but it's a start.

I love the DE class next year.
GeneralTso

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the rate we're losing bodies, I'll take him.

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Yeah, [Mike] Wallace would be like 4th fastest on the Raiders.
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interesting in signing him =o
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love his potential. And players that we bring in that hasn't lived up to that potential seem to always meet it here.

Chris Houston, LoJax, Corey Williams, etc.

Our staff can coach up defense, so if a defensive player don't make it here, I don't see them making it anywhere.
DrRay11

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Not Mayhew's style.

They did sign Joique Bell for two years at the end of last season. Routt being more of a veteran probably makes a difference, but this late in the year it's not uncommon to see teams sign guys to two-year deals.

We're also talking about a grand canyon-sized gap in salary.
TheROARisBACK

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He left without a contract and its reported he is meeting with an AFC team next week.
WillieYoungSon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
ManeLine wrote:
Apparently he has a 10 million option bonus for next season. Would that prevent us from getting him?

I'd pick him up for depth but I like what I see out of Houston and Green right now.

Rather have Routt out there and bring along Green nicely than forcing him into situations he isn't ready for. Progress him the right way.

Not me. Look at production and not name recognition. Routt has not been good, Green has, I want the better player on the field and right now that is Green. If we look at any CBs to bring in its the Abdullah brothers who took off the first half of the season to take the trip to Mecca. I want absolutely nothing to do with Routt at this time, especially if he really does have a player option for next year.

Agreed, Routt sucks. Jonte is ready a better option and we all know how I felt about Jonte at first.
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Not Mayhew's style.

We're also talking about a grand canyon-sized gap in salary.
That was my point. Bell was lucky to get a contract from anyone. Someone like Routt who'll be looking for a decent contract won't just sign anything, and Mayhew has been hesitant to relinquish those to any of his own deserving players.
detroitroar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not worth what KC gave him and most everybody knew that, but would be an upgrade for us. Not sure we can pull it off though. He'll probably go to the highest bidder and I doubt that would be us. I hope we can pull it off though especially with GB and HOU coming up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: