Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stanford Routt
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lions on top

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Stanford Routt Reply with quote

Quote:
#Chiefs waived Stanford Routt to make room for Shaun Smith, Romeo references "relationship" w/ Routt not progressing. Interesting.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/11/5/3605706/stanford-routt-released-chiefs-romeo-crennel
Anyone think we take a look at him? I've always liked Routt but I confess to spending zero attention to the Chiefs this year, I don't know if he hasn't been playing well but it sounds like it was a more about his odds with Crennel than anything else (not that we need more of those type players on our team).

I know our secondary has been getting healthier but I think he's still got to be a more viable option then carrying around Robiskie to be inactive every week or a better player than A. Smith (though he has played better than expected when called upon). Our secondary has been playing surprisingly well all year but more depth from experienced players can't hurt.
YlionsY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Chiefs fans it sounds like he was playing alright. Definitely not worthy of being cut on play alone. Sounds like his relationship with the coach and money are the bigger issue here.
ManeLine

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently he has a 10 million option bonus for next season. Would that prevent us from getting him?

I'd pick him up for depth but I like what I see out of Houston and Green right now.

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
YlionsY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManeLine wrote:
Apparently he has a 10 million option bonus for next season. Would that prevent us from getting him?

I'd pick him up for depth but I like what I see out of Houston and Green right now.

Rather have Routt out there and bring along Green nicely than forcing him into situations he isn't ready for. Progress him the right way.
lions on top

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
ManeLine wrote:

Rather have Routt out there and bring along Green nicely than forcing him into situations he isn't ready for. Progress him the right way.

Pretty much how I feel. I think Green has come along very nicely so far but I don't want to stunt his progression by having him lose confidence at some point going against a receiver he's not ready for. Routt has experience, size and has proven to be durable, if he passes through waivers (which I'm sure he will with that contract) I think we could sign him for relatively cheap.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
ManeLine wrote:

Not me. Look at production and not name recognition. Routt has not been good, Green has, I want the better player on the field and right now that is Green. If we look at any CBs to bring in its the Abdullah brothers who took off the first half of the season to take the trip to Mecca. I want absolutely nothing to do with Routt at this time, especially if he really does have a player option for next year.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
YlionsY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
ManeLine wrote:

Not me. Look at production and not name recognition. Routt has not been good, Green has, I want the better player on the field and right now that is Green. If we look at any CBs to bring in its the Abdullah brothers who took off the first half of the season to take the trip to Mecca. I want absolutely nothing to do with Routt at this time, especially if he really does have a player option for next year.

I don't think Green has been good. I think he is coming along and not god awful but I don't think he has been good. Routt hasn't played bad. He is just average in a bad situation at KC.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
ManeLine wrote:

I don't think Green has been good. I think he is coming along and not god awful but I don't think he has been good. Routt hasn't played bad. He is just average in a bad situation at KC.

Well than you are holding the preseason against Green. He has broken up passes, made tackles, and not given up big plays the last three weeks. I can see not crowning him, which I don't recommend, but he has been a lot better than Routt and has done nothing but be a good CB since forced to start.

YlionsY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
ManeLine wrote:

Well than you are holding the preseason against Green. He has broken up passes, made tackles, and not given up big plays the last three weeks. I can see not crowning him, which I don't recommend, but he has been a lot better than Routt and has done nothing but be a good CB since forced to start.

No I think he has done much better since preseason but his best week has been against Gabbert.

I think bringing in Routt would be a good decision as put Green as the #3 CB.

Or we could wait until Florence returns. I'd rather not have Green as #2 the rest of the year.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
ManeLine wrote:

No I think he has done much better since preseason but his best week has been against Gabbert.

Or we could wait until Florence returns. I'd rather not have Green as #2 the rest of the year.

Green has played well to great in all three of his starts, but haters will hate.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
ManeLine wrote:

Green has played well to great in all three of his starts, but haters will hate.

Yep, he has done all you can ask so far and that's not give up plays. He hasn't allowed a big play and has prevented a few. I don't care where he was drafted, he is playing well, keep him on the field until he proves he shouldn't be.

RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Bentley going on IR, yeah, why not? Ideally they ought to see if he clears waivers and see if they can just get him signed to a veteran minimum deal, but they still need bodies back there. It's not even an indictment on Green or Alphonso Smith if they pick him up--they just need bodies, and I don't see how Routt is any worse than the guys we have.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
YlionsY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the record I do not hate Green.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
With Bentley going on IR, yeah, why not? Ideally they ought to see if he clears waivers and see if they can just get him signed to a veteran minimum deal, but they still need bodies back there. It's not even an indictment on Green or Alphonso Smith if they pick him up--they just need bodies, and I don't see how Routt is any worse than the guys we have.

Florence can be activated next week, Greenwood either will be activated or put on IR this week. We will be ok. Routt just hasn't been good, ever really. He had moments but he is the Alphonso Smith type that QBs gameplan towards.

lions on top

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:

Florence can be activated next week, Greenwood either will be activated or put on IR this week. We will be ok. Routt just hasn't been good, ever really. He had moments but he is the Alphonso Smith type that QBs gameplan towards.

Chiefs fans seem pretty confused by his release, despite his big paycheck he's due for. I think he's always been an above average corner. Psychically he's pretty much a prototype (obviously, being an Al Davis pick) and can match up with pretty much everyone. I think you're right with he has some Smith like tendencies but his talents can take him a lot further than Smith's. For a veteran minimum type deal why not bring in another healthy body?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: