You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I wouldn't worry too much about the Vikes this year...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barnett56

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: I wouldn't worry too much about the Vikes this year... Reply with quote

Okay, let's look at their FAs this year...

Ben Leber-adequate at best
Ryan Longwell-Okay, they slightly improved their kicking game
Chester Taylor-Just switching time with Moore, no consistent RB still.

Now let's look at their defense

They lost Brian Williams who started in front of Smoot last year, they have an aging Darren Sharper, they lost Corey Chavous and currently have no SS, the didn't even start Napolean Harris for 50% of his games, an aging Sam Cowart who is slow for an ILB, E.J. Henderson, and I will admit they have a great D-line. Fred Smoot will get burned multiple times against top recievers. Overall, their defense gets a B+.

Offense:

39 year old Brad Johnson who will start this year, MAYBE next year, they ill have to use a day one pick on a QB if they want any QB for the future, they have two second string worthy runningbacks who will share time and neither will be consistent, and who is their number one reciever? Even if they sign Hutchinson, you need a good QB,RB, WR to have a good offense.

Overall I'm not going to be worried about the Vikings winning a Superbowl anytime soon and even if they do make it to a Superbowl, they will have to beat an AFC team in order to win and by the time the AFC isn't dominant, the Vikes will have had to purge their team because of all the bonus money they have been using up the past few seasons.
gbpckrs13

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: I wouldn't worry too much about the Vikes this year... Reply with quote

Barnett56 wrote:
Okay, let's look at their FAs this year...

Ben Leber-adequate at best
Ryan Longwell-Okay, they slightly improved their kicking game
Chester Taylor-Just switching time with Moore, no consistent RB still.

Now let's look at their defense

They lost Brian Williams who started in front of Smoot last year, they have an aging Darren Sharper, they lost Corey Chavous and currently have no SS, the didn't even start Napolean Harris for 50% of his games, an aging Sam Cowart who is slow for an ILB, E.J. Henderson, and I will admit they have a great D-line. Fred Smoot will get burned multiple times against top recievers. Overall, their defense gets a B+.

Offense:

39 year old Brad Johnson who will start this year, MAYBE next year, they ill have to use a day one pick on a QB if they want any QB for the future, they have two second string worthy runningbacks who will share time and neither will be consistent, and who is their number one reciever? Even if they sign Hutchinson, you need a good QB,RB, WR to have a good offense.

Overall I'm not going to be worried about the Vikings winning a Superbowl anytime soon and even if they do make it to a Superbowl, they will have to beat an AFC team in order to win and by the time the AFC isn't dominant, the Vikes will have had to purge their team because of all the bonus money they have been using up the past few seasons.

yeah im not worried about them winning a superbowl but they swept us last year so im worried until we beat them again
fgs5635

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm worried, have you seen what they have offered hutch

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nflurl
Barnett56

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fgs5635 wrote:

In my opinion, that's a good thing. One man no matter how good he is will ever completely turn around an O-line especially at guard. This 13 mill for the first year will take away a LOT of their cap room which means less free agents because they still have to sign rookies.
fgs5635

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnett56 wrote:
fgs5635 wrote:

In my opinion, that's a good thing. One man no matter how good he is will ever completely turn around an O-line especially at guard. This 13 mill for the first year will take away a LOT of their cap room which means less free agents because they still have to sign rookies.

It doesn't matter how much they are paying him. THat is flat out bad news for GB if he goes there.
Barnett56

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not as big a problem if the Packers sign Ryan Picket. How many free agent signings did the Vikings have last year and not even make the playoffs? Add a brand new coach, o and d coordinators, and no offensive stars.
tiner3682

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points...I still wish the Packers were making some waves in FA even this early on to show that they are looking to compete. I don't worry about the Vikings winning Super Bowls, I worry about us competing with and beating them, and I just don't see the moves so far that will help us to do that.
fgs5635

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been proven over the last few years, that overpaying FA's doesn't win you superbowls.
Signing the cap friendly players and having good depth is what wins rings
Barnett56

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fgs5635 wrote:
Its been proven over the last few years, that overpaying FA's doesn't win you superbowls.
Signing the cap friendly players and having good depth is what wins rings

My point exactly. They won't win for at least ten years. A Superbowl at least.
fgs5635

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the viqueens get hutch then thats all their $ gone. The Browns habe blown all theirs, as have most of the others. By the end of the day there will be us with loads of $$$ and TT can take his pick of all the good players that are left. Not only that, he can sign them at a decent price.
I know as fans we wnat the big names, but at the prices floating about, its just not good buisness. TT is building a team that can stay together year on year and not constantly cut, re-sign and scrap about with players every off season juggling with the cap.
NCPackers_08

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnett56 wrote:
Add a brand new coach, o and d coordinators, and no offensive stars.

Dude then what are we, stellar...im more worried about how we will do i mean look at us

Defense:

One consistent DL man in Kampy, 3 yound DT, a small decent De in KGB. Our LB's have only one solid player in Barnett. and Harris is aging and carrol has too many issues. Collins is still young but has apromising future. Roman isnt squat and Manuel is average.

C-

Offense

Clfiton and Tauscher have bothe been awarded big contracts in the past couple of years and havent been a force, alowing sacks and they both had tons pf penalties. Wells is solid at guard but is best suited for center. Flanny is probably gone and Whittacker is still a 7th rounder. Klemm..Klemm who?? our WR's well maybe i should say WR becuase chatman and walker are probably gone and Gardner has some issues yet to prove. Green is a major ?mark and Gado well hes coming injury as well. we dont know anything about Favre so rodgers might be our leader. Henderson is unsure either as well as franks, lee, and martin.

C+

Id be way more worried about us this year then the Vikes, so what if they beat, yea it sucks but i think our first priority is to get back on track. not to try to bury the vikes. I mean we all would rather be 8-8 next year than 5-11 and 2 wins against the viqueens...right??
fgs5635

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends if the 8-8 gets us in the playoffs. If it doesn't, then I'd take the 2 wins over the viqueens. I FRIGGIN HATE THEM!!!
NCPackers_08

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fgs5635 wrote:
Depends if the 8-8 gets us in the playoffs. If it doesn't, then I'd take the 2 wins over the viqueens. I FRIGGIN HATE THEM!!!

right but 8-8 shows that TT has us on the track to be a playoff team, Beating the Viqueens, doesnt if we have a bad record, there not squat so beating doesnt show our potential, 8-8 does and what we have to work harder at.
Barnett56

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather have the Packers not win than have the Vikings win. I don't care where the Packers go this season as long as the Vikings don't win a Superbowl.
NCPackers_08

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so as a packer fan you would rather see us go say 0-16 than the Vikings win a superbowl, what if they do what is it going to matter its just more humiliation to have a sucky record and have your enemy win the SB. id rather give em hell and get beat by them but fininhs 8-8 or 9-7 even 7-9 and have then go 10-6 and get knocked out in the first round...they have alot to prove and so do we but dont say you want us to lose and beat them or lose and not have them go to the SB, becuase it sounds like your more concerned with the VIkes season than ours.

Go back to your viking forum, o wait the packer one is where you belong...my bad couldnt tell

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: