Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs released Routt.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
Also, not to mention this SHOULD give Jalil Brown more snaps at DB, which is another big + in my opinion. He will get torched early and often, but this could seriously help his growth as a player, and we can evaluate him and see what we got. This kind of reminds me of Brandon Carr. Late draft pick who could eventually (after enough playing time) make himself a great player.

Jalil Brown is not even in the same universe as Brandon Carr. Carr started every single game for the Chiefs since he was drafted in the 5th round. Brown has no reaction speed, man coverage ability, zone coverage ability, press strength, or run defense.

Brandon Carr is not retained. His replacement, Stanford Routt, is released after 8 games. When Dwayne Bowe effectively leaves Kansas City next offseason after we franchise Branden Albert after failing to sign him to a long-term extension just like we did with Bowe, we will have watched Brandon Carr and Dwayne Bowe leave within one season of each other despite having over $21 million in cap space. This is 6 months after Clark Hunt publicly stated that the most important aspect to building the Chiefs is by keeping our best players in Kansas City by rewarding them for their best work.

Let that sink in for a while.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Berry wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
Also, not to mention this SHOULD give Jalil Brown more snaps at DB, which is another big + in my opinion. He will get torched early and often, but this could seriously help his growth as a player, and we can evaluate him and see what we got. This kind of reminds me of Brandon Carr. Late draft pick who could eventually (after enough playing time) make himself a great player.

Jalil Brown is not even in the same universe as Brandon Carr. Carr started every single game for the Chiefs since he was drafted in the 5th round. Brown has no reaction speed, man coverage ability, zone coverage ability, press strength, or run defense.

Brandon Carr is not retained. His replacement, Stanford Routt, is released after 8 games. When Dwayne Bowe effectively leaves Kansas City next offseason after we franchise Branden Albert after failing to sign him to a long-term extension just like we did with Bowe, we will have watched Brandon Carr and Dwayne Bowe leave within one season of each other despite having over $21 million in cap space. This is 6 months after Clark Hunt publicly stated that the most important aspect to building the Chiefs is by keeping our best players in Kansas City by rewarding them for their best work.

I tend to view things as a non end of the world type scenario. Im fine with this move like I stated.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
Eric Berry wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

I tend to view things as a non end of the world type scenario. Im fine with this move like I stated.

That's fine too. But if you ask me, the only way to improve this team is for everyone to get angry enough to start caring.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of his two interceptions, Routt has been absolutely terrible this year.

At least with his release, someone might put a waiver claim on him and take over his contract. Doubt that will happen, but you never know.

Thanks to LOTO for the sig
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Chiefs released Routt. Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:
http://twitter.com/mellinger/statuses/265537308680409088

Quote:
#Chiefs waived Stanford Routt to make room for Shaun Smith, Romeo references "relationship" w/ Routt not progressing. Interesting.

Interesting. This makes no sense.

Wow. Just Wow.

Arrow First, isn't Shaun Smith on the roster for Dorsey?
Arrow So Routt's the fall guy, huh? The biggest reason for our failures. That's cute
Arrow Why am I getting this sick creepy feeling that we will do the unthinkable and bring back Pioli and Romeo next year?
Arrow So Pioli's already admitted failure on yet another big time decision, Routt wasn't quite the 6 million $ bargain Pioli thot he was. Carr for 9 or 10 million was the better deal, especially when you have the cap room and he's proven within your team's system.
Arrow I am speechless trying to come up with a reason as to how Pioli has a job in KC. I hope every restaurant manager in the city overcharges him and every cop is pulling him over for even 1 mph over the limit. This guy is stealing from us.
Arrow This is his first move after his media tour saying "we've all got to do a better job AND IT STARTS WITH ME" LOL lOL LOl LOL
Arrow If he actually wants to show that he's learned and he wants to do better, CUT CASSEL...prove to us your love affair is truly over. It'll be ok, after nobody picks him up, you can still get him as a backup to start next year.

SaveourChiefs

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kcstomp63 wrote:
Routt has been absolutely terrible this year.

We could release almost the entire team going by this

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Berry wrote:
kcstomp63 wrote:

True, but they didn't release the entire team, just Routt. Teams are almost always looking for ways to bolster their secondary. Routt, who has proved he isn't a good fit or long term option for us, probably has the best chance of being picked up on the waiver wire. This means we wouldn't be responsible for his contract.

More cap money for us not to use.

Thanks to LOTO for the sig
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:

Not me. Brandon Carr was good right away....and got better. We HOPE Brown can be good.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

Not me. Brandon Carr was good right away....and got better. We HOPE Brown can be good.

Brandon Carr was FAR from good "right away". That is a down right lie.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

Brandon Carr was FAR from good "right away". That is a down right lie.

Compare the first 2 years of Brown to the first two years of Carr. What do you see?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember his first few games, but he was decent by the end of the year. Good is a relative term and Carr was good enough to start as a rookie from game one, even if it was on a bad team, he beat out Surtain.

KC_Guy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kcstomp63 wrote:
Eric Berry wrote:
kcstomp63 wrote:

True, but they didn't release the entire team, just Routt. Teams are almost always looking for ways to bolster their secondary. Routt, who has proved he isn't a good fit or long term option for us, probably has the best chance of being picked up on the waiver wire. This means we wouldn't be responsible for his contract.

More cap money for us not to use.

Routt is a vested veteran - so his 2012 salary was guaranteed when he was on the roster week 1. Unless he's claimed on waivers (waiver systems applies to veterans as well from 1 November) the Chiefs are on the hook for his full 2012 pay and he can sign an additionalcontract with another team. Actually I think the Chiefs waited with his release until after 1 November for exactly the fat that the waiver system applies to veterans as well.
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As bad as this move looks right now it will only look worse if we let Bowe walk. If Pioli doesn't find a way to retain both Bowe and Albert he will look like an idiot. I am still glad we didn't pay Carr 10 million. Thats still too much. Carr has not looked good to me at all in the games I have watched him. decent-solid # 2 corner, but not a guy you pay 50 million to. The long term answer opposite flowers should be taking a rookie corner at the top of the 2nd round. You can find a guy with more talent than Carr at the top of the 2nd, and it won't cost 50 million.

The off season plan needs to be:
1. New GM/HC
2. Draft a QB in round 1
3. Draft a starting corner at the top of the 2nd
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was short lived.

Told you coming in. This guy doesn't take to coaching. He was always butting heads with the staff. Maybe that's the 'relationship' Romeo was talking about?

Regardless, he was junk. Many KC fans liked to pretend he wasn't, but the guy is always out of position, flailing around on tackles and is way to handsy with WRs.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
That was short lived.

Told you coming in. This guy doesn't take to coaching. He was always butting heads with the staff. Maybe that's the 'relationship' Romeo was talking about?

Regardless, he was junk. Many KC fans liked to pretend he wasn't, but the guy is always out of position, flailing around on tackles and is way to handsy with WRs.

We aren't mad Routt was released. He was trash. We are more angry at the situation that a DT from the street, who we could have retained a year ago to begin with, was just signed and took the spot of a starting defensive corner. This is such a blown job by Pioli it's not even funny.

Lose Smith
Lose Carr
Franchise Bowe
Sign Routt
Release Routt
Sign Smith
Lose Bowe
Franchise Albert
Lose Smith

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: