Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AFC Players of week 9: QB Luck, CB Taylor, KR Holliday
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 40062
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: AFC Players of week 9: QB Luck, CB Taylor, KR Holliday Reply with quote

Quote:
#Colts rookie QB Andrew Luck was named AFC Offensive Player of Week 9.


http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/266238897191780352

Quote:
#Steelers CB Ike Taylor was named AFC Defensive Player of week 9.


http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/266185803435216896

Quote:
#Broncos WR Trindon Holliday was named AFC Special Teams Player of Week 9


http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/266203999491993600
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tom Shean


Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 4740
Location: Tha 703
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrizzle
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38130
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both ST POWs were former Houston Texans. Our ST is right now horrid, and our former guys are out winning POW awards.

Dammit. Evil or Very Mad
_________________

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Twizlers


Joined: 27 Oct 2008
Posts: 2163
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Both ST POWs were former Houston Texans. Our ST is right now horrid, and our former guys are out winning POW awards.

Dammit. Evil or Very Mad

I've always wondered why the Texans released Trindon after so little time to prove himself. Yeah Cushing got hurt and they needed depth but Holliday had enormous upside as a return man, and for a team that was so good at all other facets of the game, why release a player like him?

e: BTW Billy you should post stats as well in the original posts. Some of us are lazy and cbf to look up each one ourselves
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tyler735


Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 1585
Location: Minnesota
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twizlers wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Both ST POWs were former Houston Texans. Our ST is right now horrid, and our former guys are out winning POW awards.

Dammit. Evil or Very Mad

I've always wondered why the Texans released Trindon after so little time to prove himself. Yeah Cushing got hurt and they needed depth but Holliday had enormous upside as a return man, and for a team that was so good at all other facets of the game, why release a player like him?

e: BTW Billy you should post stats as well in the original posts. Some of us are lazy and cbf to look up each one ourselves


My thoughts exactly...plus didn't he have like 3 returns during the preseason. You gotta give someone like Holliday who is one of the fastest players to ever play in the NFL, if not fastest, more time than a handful of games, since he showed great potential during the preseason. Terrible move by the Texans, but I'm sure Broncos fans aren't to mad right now about it Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dante9876


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 21508
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
Twizlers wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Both ST POWs were former Houston Texans. Our ST is right now horrid, and our former guys are out winning POW awards.

Dammit. Evil or Very Mad

I've always wondered why the Texans released Trindon after so little time to prove himself. Yeah Cushing got hurt and they needed depth but Holliday had enormous upside as a return man, and for a team that was so good at all other facets of the game, why release a player like him?

e: BTW Billy you should post stats as well in the original posts. Some of us are lazy and cbf to look up each one ourselves


My thoughts exactly...plus didn't he have like 3 returns during the preseason. You gotta give someone like Holliday who is one of the fastest players to ever play in the NFL, if not fastest, more time than a handful of games, since he showed great potential during the preseason. Terrible move by the Texans, but I'm sure Broncos fans aren't to mad right now about it Laughing


Have you watch that return TD. I could have taken that to the house. Straight up the middle, and at most someone touch him with a pinky. Lets not act like they cut some star in the making after that terrible terrible coverage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 34954
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holliday only scored on that TD because he had enough room to run through a hole bigger than the Earth itself. Holliday didn't do anything; the Broncos blockers did. They deserve the POTW nomination, not Holliday.
_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tyler735


Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 1585
Location: Minnesota
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's one of the fastest players to ever play in the NFL, if not fastest. Your right on this one he did mostly run straight, which let him use his speed to outrun a team right up the middle. On this kick return he is able to sprint just out of the reach of number 57 on the Bengals almost every other player in the NFL is either tackled or tripped up and slowed down by that would be tackler. Look how slow number 24 pacman jones looks trying to catch him. Gives a good idea how fast he's moving.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CSOijLv5OQ

After a preseason like this yeah it is absolutely dumb to release the guy after just a handful of games.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUokjdxJoEw
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 34954
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so the guy has incredible speed; big deal. He doesn't have that great of vision for a returner. His skill is solely based on speed. That won't get you far in the NFL.
_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tyler735


Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 1585
Location: Minnesota
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
Okay, so the guy has incredible speed; big deal. He doesn't have that great of vision for a returner. His skill is solely based on speed. That won't get you far in the NFL.


It's his first year concentrating on the NFL (was training for the olympics in track). He's shown that he has lots of potential in the preseason, and regular season. Don't get how you can just write him off that easy...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
champ+jay+al=SB


Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 15459
Location: Boulder
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
Okay, so the guy has incredible speed; big deal. He doesn't have that great of vision for a returner. His skill is solely based on speed. That won't get you far in the NFL.


It's his first year concentrating on the NFL (was training for the olympics in track). He's shown that he has lots of potential in the preseason, and regular season. Don't get how you can just write him off that easy...


Yeah I have really liked what I have seen from him outside of the TD too. He can make people miss.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38130
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
It's his first year concentrating on the NFL (was training for the olympics in track).


...that's news to me, and he had been a Texan up until two weeks ago. Confused

In fact: Holliday Olympic bid fails in 2008

Trindon was drafted by the Texans in 2010. So, he was fully concentrating on the NFL, given that he was already out of Olympic competetion two years before he was drafted in the 6th round.

Mayhaps you're thinking of Jeff Demps?
_________________

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TommyC376


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10266
Location: Capital Wasteland
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
It's his first year concentrating on the NFL (was training for the olympics in track).


...that's news to me, and he had been a Texan up until two weeks ago. Confused

In fact: Holliday Olympic bid fails in 2008

Trindon was drafted by the Texans in 2010. So, he was fully concentrating on the NFL, given that he was already out of Olympic competetion two years before he was drafted in the 6th round.

Mayhaps you're thinking of Jeff Demps?
ET, doesnt it suck to see Holliday run back a TD? Cuz you know he sucked so back on the Texans (in the reg season).
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38130
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
My thoughts exactly...plus didn't he have like 3 returns during the preseason. You gotta give someone like Holliday who is one of the fastest players to ever play in the NFL, if not fastest, more time than a handful of games, since he showed great potential during the preseason. Terrible move by the Texans, but I'm sure Broncos fans aren't to mad right now about it Laughing


...I can't begin to tell you how off this is.

The Texans have given EVERY opportunity for Trindon to prove himself, since they drafted him two years ago. 2010 he simply didn't have anything outside of his speed to lean on, and when everyone else is fast, his speed didn't have a chance to show itself, so he was placed on the PS. He was given a 2nd chance in 2011, ended up hurting his wrist, and was placed on IR. This preseason was great for him (4 return TDs, actually) but when the games started to count, the guy was a liability.

His sole calling card was his returning ability - we tried him at WR, we tried him at RB, and the likes of UDFA RB Arian Foster (who was a complete unknown in 2010 as a PS guy who was supposed to be a goal line RB for the Texans coming into that season) and UDFA WR LeStar Jean (who is an unknown for NOW) were able to completely outdue him. So, there went that chance. Guy didn't do anything in terms of returning up until this offseason, so what were the Texans to do with the guy?

I'm glad he's doing well, but it isn't as if he gave the Texans much to go off of. Three years, two of them being a complete waste of time in terms of what the team needed, a big preseason showing, only to culminate into nothing in the return game.

Glad he's done well in a week, and hope he can continue. No harm, no foul. It's part of this business.
_________________

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!


Last edited by EliteTexan80 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38130
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
ET, doesnt it suck to see Holliday run back a TD? Cuz you know he sucked so back on the Texans (in the reg season).


It sucks moreso to see Jacoby Jones do it for the Ravens, or Sherrick McManis block a punt for the Bears. The pieces were there for the Texans to have a great ST unit, but we let 'em go.

Jones probably hurts the most, because the expectations for him were SO high when we drafted him - as a return man as well as a #2 opposite AJ. The culmination of boneheaded plays as well as a lack of production just murdered me as a fan...

...then again, it feels good to know our trash is someone elses' treasure. Twisted Evil
_________________

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group