Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Shaun Smith

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diamondcutter27

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Shaun Smith Reply with quote

Chiefs signed him for final 8 games of year.Might mean Dorsey is done for the year

for the first time since 2003 Royals baseball is enjoyable

Thanks for ryknowsd for the awesome sig
Rumless

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dig it.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Defensive lineman Shaun Smith fell off the radar after getting released by the Titans in August, but he’s returned to the screen on Monday.

Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star reports that the former Chief is back in town after signing with the Chiefs. Smith started 10 games for the Chiefs in 2010 and made a name for himself thanks to a pair of alleged crotch-grabbing incidents on the field. He signed with Tennessee as a free agent, but lasted just one fitful year with the team before getting his walking papers.

Teicher wonders if Smith’s arrival foreshadows defensive end Glenn Dorsey’s move to injured reserve. Dorsey missed four games with an injured calf before returning Thursday against the Chargers and promptly aggravating the injury. If that happens, the former fifth overall pick may have played his final game with the Chiefs as he’ll be a free agent after the season and his K.C. tenure hasn’t blossomed exactly as anyone associated with the team hoped when he arrived in 2008.

Smith’s return could lead to an interesting reunion with quarterback Brady Quinn. Smith allegedly punched Quinn in the face when both players were members of the Browns in 2008. Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel was the coach of that Browns team, which the Chiefs seem to be trying to get back together in hopes that the second time might be a charm.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/05/shaun-smith-returns-to-kansas-city/

Problems solved.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
EB29

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need more attitude on this defence and SS certainly provides that. I wonder what kind of shape he is in though and how much of an impact he will have. That attitude wont help much if he is getting run all over like the rest of our guys.

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should have been here since the day he was released but I am so happy to have him back. He was a fan favorite and they let him walk just like everyone else.

Am I the only one who just can't wait until this season is over and the entire house is cleaned?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot diggity! I liked it when he was here the first time. Brings back the mean attitude that is missed on our defense.

Plus he can play fullback. Laughing
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun Smith is a barely average player that brings a bit of energy and attitude to the defense. So for this move my response is *shrug*

I mean ok.. but I refuse to get excited by Shaun freaking Smith. Retreading our retreads - awesome.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
Shaun Smith is a barely average player that brings a bit of energy and attitude to the defense. So for this move my response is *shrug*

I mean ok.. but I refuse to get excited by Shaun freaking Smith. Retreading our retreads - awesome.

Bingo. Unfortunately as a fanbase we are absolutely starved for change that really isn't coming.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lunch pail type player but i doubt he'll cure all ills. Pretty much in the same boat as AH86.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf5WYigZHME
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:

Well we're not retreading old Patriots anymore so there's that for progress.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:

Well we're not retreading old Patriots anymore so there's that for progress.

Just old Browns. Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf5WYigZHME
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least he plays like he gives a ish...or did. Still don't understand the move. Routt goes over some of the other crap on the roster...
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least he plays like he gives a ish...or did. Still don't understand the move. Routt goes over some of the other crap on the roster...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: