Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Whiz: "Floyd's Snaps Will Increase"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Whiz: "Floyd's Snaps Will Increase" Reply with quote

Just now in his presser, Ken Whisenhunt said Michael Floyd will see his snaps increased coming out of the bye. Likely means less and less Early, who Whiz kinda trashed yesterday when he simply shook his head and said "I don't know..." after being asked about his drops.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd has looks spectacular at times. (That deep bomb down the right for 37 yards was a big time grab) but at others (He has that bomb down the middle on MNF when he could not locate the football and make a play in 1 v 1 coverage.) he struggles. That is going to come with time on the field and comfortability with his quarterback. I am really hopefuly for what we have in Floyd and that is that if a team does what they are doing to Fitzgerald we have a guy on the otherside who we can throw to just as much and for just as many yards.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is so physical. He turned an 8 yard gain into about 13-14 yesterday by just running through tackles.

The combination of he, Fitz and Roberts looks to be big time. Throw Housler into that group as well.

Skilled players at receiver is not a concern this off season, that's for certain.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
He is so physical. He turned an 8 yard gain into about 13-14 yesterday by just running through tackles.

The combination of he, Fitz and Roberts looks to be big time. Throw Housler into that group as well.

Skilled players at receiver is not a concern this off season, that's for certain.

That was one thing that really stood out. He had that grab and just plowed through a tackle or two..
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was the book on Floyd pre-draft, physicality after the catch and in the run game. Remember the block he had on DRC? That was huge. I'm good with Floyd right now. Due to the state of the OL, that pick has drawn some raised eyebrows even though it probably shouldn't.
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
That was the book on Floyd pre-draft, physicality after the catch and in the run game. Remember the block he had on DRC? That was huge. I'm good with Floyd right now. Due to the state of the OL, that pick has drawn some raised eyebrows even though it probably shouldn't.

Hearing Riley Reiff is killing it for Detroit, take that for what it's worth.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Lies. And I say that as a guy who likes Reiff an awful lot. The kid hardly plays. Only game he's played over 20 snaps and he played Jacksonville's defensive ends. That's not "killing it" in my book.
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Lies. And I say that as a guy who likes Reiff an awful lot. The kid hardly plays. Only game he's played over 20 snaps and he played Jacksonville's defensive ends. That's not "killing it" in my book.

Mike Jurecki‏@mikejurecki

#justsayin...RT @davebirkett: Jim Schwartz on Riley Reiff: "He's given our run game an incredible boost."

Assumed this meant he was and had been starting. And Detroit's pass protection has been good this year.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Mike Jurecki‏@mikejurecki

#justsayin...RT @davebirkett: Jim Schwartz on Riley Reiff: "He's given our run game an incredible boost."

Assumed this meant he was and had been starting. And Detroit's pass protection has been good this year.

Started the last 2 games, that's it. Before that he played only as an extra tight end on run downs.
DDOCKETT90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good doucet sucks

matthouston91 made it!
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDOCKETT90 wrote:

Pretty much. According to Mike Sando, he's 2nd in the league in drops per target ratio. He's dropped over 15% of is targets. That is hideously awful.
shawn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Doucet, but the guy just can't get it together. whenever it looks like he is showing signs of life, he regresses. He looked promising last year, this year...he looks horrid.

sig made by mike23md
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DDOCKETT90 wrote:

Pretty much. According to Mike Sando, he's 2nd in the league in drops per target ratio. He's dropped over 15% of is targets. That is hideously awful.

Least we have someone highly ranked in the offensive catergories, lol
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Doucet time was at an end when Floyd was drafted.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
I thought Doucet time was at an end when Floyd was drafted.

Not with Whiz. Rookies simply do not play early under Ken Whisenhunt unless there's an injury. That's the way it is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: