Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Kolb vs Skelton

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iRobot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: 2012 Kolb vs Skelton Reply with quote

Kolb managed to play in 6 games before suffering the rib injury he is trying to come back from.

Skelton has played in 3 games since.

Just looking at stats information (my job is pretty analytic related so I tend to be intersted in stats)..

Kolb 4-2 as starter. Skelton is 0-3.

Kolb: 109/183 pass attempts. 59.5% - 1,169 yards - 8 TD 3 INT - 86.1 NFL Rating (10.72 yards per catch)

Skelton: 96/172 pass attempts. 55.8% - 1,052 yards - 2 TD 5 INT - 65.8 NFL Rating (10.95 yards per catch)

Same type of thing happened last season. Kolb is more accurate and seems to have protected the football better this season.

While I'm not sure either QB is the answer long term.. I still believe Kolb is the best option between the two. Interesting to see the #'s and the amount of passing we're doing in 3 games vs 6 games.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kolb looked a lot better early this season. Is that good enough. Long term, no, short term, it might be a solid spot to start with when you are looking to completely rebuild an offensive line.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Kolb looked a lot better early this season. Is that good enough. Long term, no, short term, it might be a solid spot to start with when you are looking to completely rebuild an offensive line.

Add to that the quarterback draft class isn't great this year.

Kolb might be our best option for 2013.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least we don't have to listen to the fabrication that the team plays harder behind Skelton then they do Kolb cause he won more games. That was a joke.
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kolb only "starter" 5 games, Skelton started game one and went down with injury.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
younggun1273

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kolb has definitely looked like the best QB between him and Skelton. Kolb has been mostly accurate with his passes and has shown good decision making with the ball. Skelton has been largely inaccurate with his throws and his mojo from last year seems to have been depleted.

If Kolb is returning for 2013, he is going to have to do some contract restructuring. He stands to make $9 million in salary with a $2 million roster bonus. Skelton will likely be brought back if only because he is due $575,000 and has starting experience.

Justo on the sig
iRobot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love2theOLINE wrote:
I think Kolb only "starter" 5 games, Skelton started game one and went down with injury.

It's a +- scenario. Skelton got credit for the win but Kolb won the game, which is why I award it to Kolb.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: