Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fire Raheem Morris
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerrdawg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Fire Raheem Morris Reply with quote

The secondary is way worse than last year with just about the same level of talent. The only major change we made was hiring Morris to coach the secondary.

Remember, Atogwe barely played last year and Landry was done half way through the season. We were playing with Gomes and Doughty most of the time. According to some well known former Redskins, the problem is not with scheme or personnel, but execution and technique. That's the position coach's responsibility.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/11/05/darrell-green-charles-mann-poor-technique-to-blame-for-redskins-defensive-struggles/
redskins4789

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree our DBs our constantly out of position and blowing coverages left and right its inexcusable
RIP #21 Sean Taylor

Deadpulse on the sig
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty concerning how the DBs have played under Raheem, but frankly I am more concerned about Slowik and the LB unit.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't fire any coach mid season. His spot along with everyone's will be evaluated after the season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are seriously desperate for scapegoats. Rolling Eyes Calm down. Any secondary who plays with a bad pass rush is going to struggle. Any coach who gets put on a such a short leash that not having huge improvements in one year leads to a firing is most likely going to fail. Also, the Redskins do not have even talent as they had last year in the secondary and they have experienced multiple injuries. All of the necessary fiddling with the lineup resulting from those changes is likely going to lead to mistakes and miscommunication(not like the Redskins didn't have that last year too). Raheem Morris has ever excuse in the book for his secondary failing and that's without even getting into the questionable way Haslett runs the defense.

Be patient. Unless you're personally involved in practices, trying to determine how well a position of coach of all things is doing his job is like 99% speculation. I watched Tampa a lot when Morris was brought in as the DB coach and guys like Aqib Talib, Philip Buchanon, and Jermaine Phillips suddenly had their greatest seasons by far. I doubt Raheem is the problem.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
You guys are seriously desperate for scapegoats. Rolling Eyes Calm down. Any secondary who plays with a bad pass rush is going to struggle. Any coach who gets put on a such a short leash that not having huge improvements in one year leads to a firing is most likely going to fail. Also, the Redskins do not have even talent as they had last year in the secondary and they have experienced multiple injuries. All of the necessary fiddling with the lineup resulting from those changes is likely going to lead to mistakes and miscommunication(not like the Redskins didn't have that last year too). Raheem Morris has ever excuse in the book for his secondary failing and that's without even getting into the questionable way Haslett runs the defense.

Be patient. Unless you're personally involved in practices, trying to determine how well a position of coach of all things is doing his job is like 99% speculation. I watched Tampa a lot when Morris was brought in as the DB coach and guys like Aqib Talib, Philip Buchanon, and Jermaine Phillips suddenly had their greatest seasons by far. I doubt Raheem is the problem.
its definitely true he's been given scrubs to work with. Most knew our secondary would struggle even if Merriweather was 100% all year and Tanard Jackson wasn't suspended. With those projected starters out it should shock no one that our secondary is struggling. Also, there seems to be communication problems. I attribute that to the constant turnover year after year in the secondary.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:

I have to agree. Firing anyone on the staff, at this point, would be like putting a band-aid on a machete wound.
Better run better run faster than RG3.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FosterTheSkins wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:

I have to agree. Firing anyone on the staff, at this point, would be like putting a band-aid on a machete wound.

Player's can get released during the season, why can't coaches who don't show up to do their job week to week get the same treatment. Firing a coach now and letting someone else take over for the rest of the season (Hasslet gone someone else in) is just like benching Haynesworth and having someone else step in as we see what the other player has to offer.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
FosterTheSkins wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:

Player's can get released during the season, why can't coaches who don't show up to do their job week to week get the same treatment. Firing a coach now and letting someone else take over for the rest of the season (Hasslet gone someone else in) is just like benching Haynesworth and having someone else step in as we see what the other player has to offer.
it never solves anything firing a coach mid season. Name me a team that fired a coach mid season and his back up turned the unit around into a good one?

It just doesn't happen my friend
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
FosterTheSkins wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:

it never solves anything firing a coach mid season. Name me a team that fired a coach mid season and his back up turned the unit around into a good one?

Didn't Garret get his job after he was hired as the Interim coach during the middle of a season and if I'm not mistaken Romeo Crennel and Leslie Frazier did the samething.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over 9 games. This team has given up the 3rd highest amount of yards adv... IN HISTORY.

So in the history of the NFL game. Only 2 have given up more yards on adv than this team over a 9 game span.

Yes is was worth repeating like that to get over how severe the situation is.

Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
FosterTheSkins wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:

Didn't Garret get his job after he was hired as the Interim coach during the middle of a season and if I'm not mistaken Romeo Crennel and Leslie Frazier did the samething.
yeah but they didn't make the playoffs or anything. Then the next year those coaches struggled like crazy. All 3 of those coaches could be replaced at seasons end. Nice try. Wink
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Over 9 games. This team has given up the 3rd highest amount of yards adv... IN HISTORY.

So in the history of the NFL game. Only 2 have given up more yards on adv than this team over a 9 game span.

Yes is was worth repeating like that to get over how severe the situation is.
will changing the defensive coaching change those results though? Honestly. IMO, I seriously doubt it because the same back up caliber players will be at ROLB and at every spot of the secondary.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
FosterTheSkins wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:

yeah but they didn't make the playoffs or anything. Then the next year those coaches struggled like crazy. All 3 of those coaches could be replaced at seasons end. Nice try. Wink

If player's can lose there starting job mid-season so can coaches (I'm a fair person not doubled standard like some) Both player's and coaches have a job to do and if your not doing it, than guess what it's time to go. Just like in the real world.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
FosterTheSkins wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:

If player's can lose there starting job mid-season so can coaches (I'm a fair person not doubled standard like some) Both player's and coaches have a job to do and if your not doing it, than guess what it's time to go. Just like in the real world.
well i doubt it happens. I actually wish it would happen now so I would quit hearing all the crying about Hasslett, Morris ad some of the defensive players every damn week/thread and the over reactions by most of this forum. I thought we had grown as a forum lately but most of you guys are just as bad as Dan Snyder the first 5 years he owned the Washington redskins. You guys have zero patience and understanding for why this defense is struggling.

I also wish it'd happen so I could scream...

I TOLD YOU SO!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: