Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If You Believe in Shanahan Take a Look at this
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: If You Believe in Shanahan Take a Look at this Reply with quote

chrome://newtabhttp//espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8596009&categoryid=2378529

Stephen A and Antonio Pierce nail It.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: If You Believe in Shanahan Take a Look at this Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

A moron who barks at the screen and a traitor who left in free agency to join a division rival. Their opinion means nothing to me.

edit: also your link appears to not work
FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: If You Believe in Shanahan Take a Look at this Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

A moron who barks at the screen and a traitor who left in free agency to join a division rival. Their opinion means nothing to me.

Pierce a traitor? Snyder got rid of Antonio. He wanted to stay here but Snyder didn't resign him to bring in Mike Barrow.

Danny boy didn't show him loyalty despite having a good year here so why should he have showed the Skins any? Loyalty works both way, my friend.
Better run better run faster than RG3.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: If You Believe in Shanahan Take a Look at this Reply with quote

FosterTheSkins wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

Pierce a traitor? Snyder got rid of Antonio. He wanted to stay here but Snyder didn't resign him to bring in Mike Barrow.

Danny boy didn't show him loyalty despite having a good year here so why should he have showed the Skins any? Loyalty works both way, my friend.
exactly! These are the points I use about other players we didn't retain like Ryan Clark for Archuletta and Carlos Rogers also.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: If You Believe in Shanahan Take a Look at this Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

Here is the link. I'm not sure why yours didn't work.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8596009&categoryid=2378529

I hate Stephen A Smith, all he cares about is yelling and screaming at the camera like the world gives a eff what he thinks... But... I Can't argue with what he's saying. A wise man said all this when Shanahan was hired... Hmmm who might that be! Think Laughing yeah...

I do think that Shanahan should be given at the least one more year. The mess he and Allen walked into was unbelievable and They had their first real offseason just this past year. the first two were not true offseasons because of the uncapped year and the lockout. They need next year to see if this young team that Shan/Allen is building with a few more additions in the offseason and another year of development can make a run at the playoffs in 2013.

Gotta have faith brother. Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: If You Believe in Shanahan Take a Look at this Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
FosterTheSkins wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

exactly! These are the points I use about other players we didn't retain like Ryan Clark for Archuletta and Carlos Rogers also.

Wrong on Pierce.

Mike Barrow was signed in the 2004 off-season. When he was injured, Antonio Pierce became the starter. He left because he was offered a 5 year, $26 million dollar deal...very rich at that time for a one-year starter. He became unhappy with that contract in the 2008 off-season and there was a downward trajectory in his career from there, ending midway through 2009. He was not the leader this team needed.

While London was 32 the year he signed his 5 year/$25 million contract with the Redskins, he played at a much higher level than Antonio Pierce did with the Giants. If they signed Pierce, London never would have signed here.

Signing Archuleta to that contract was dumb, no doubt.

As for Rogers, he clearly burnt bridges here and hard to say conclusively that is on the organization. It would be nice to have a corner of Rogers' skill, but considering he gave up at a various points, hard to say he would be playing hard at this point of time.
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: If You Believe in Shanahan Take a Look at this Reply with quote

FosterTheSkins wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

This is completely false.
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antonio hates the redskins thats for sure .
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agreed 100% of what S. A. Smith said.

Shanahan probably won't step down, cause he then would not get paid the remaining contract money. (and you know about the situation he had with Al Davis w/ the Raiders??..right?)

What Snyder should do, is call Mike Shanahan into the office and tell him he wants to let him go & let his son Kyle Shanahan take over from here.

But instead of firing him and causing a huge media backlash, to ask Mike Shanahan to quietly step down and that the Redskins would fully pay out his 2 years remaining on his contract.

KYLE SHANAHAN is then promoted from O- Coor. to Head Coach.
We keep everything in tact scheme wise and see what the young kid can do, these remaining 7 games.

He's a young man, who's never had a shot as a head coach.
I think Mike Shanahan would be ok with this, as his son would be getting a shot as a head coach.

I would then fire Jim Haslett & hire Mike Singletary as D-Coordinator.
He has a fire in his belly and would not allow this D, to lay down the remaining 7 games.

I know he runs a 4-3, but i would let him use the final 7 games to tinker with whatever schemes he wants to use.

It's not like we don't have 4-3 personel on this team already anyways...if Singletary wanted to go that route.

Kerrigan & Orakpo (injured) were both DE's in college.
Fletcher played in the 4-3 for years.
Jackson & Riley could move to OLB in the 4-3, with Fletch in middle.
Cofield can play and probably better suited for the 4-3 DT, as he did in N.Y.
Bowens & Carriker (injured) could fill the other DT role.

Getting Merriweather back should help and find a way to a put a good Secondary together, these next 2 weeks.

Do all this during our bye & see what happens.

That's what I would do, anyways...

I have no doubt, that Kyle Shanahan could do as good as his dad has.

SB winning coaches have never won a SB, with a different team...ever.

Not sure why we thought it would work with us.

Kyle Shanahan era begins...

new coach=Kyle
new d-coor=Singletary
new QB=rg3
new RB=Morris
new Kicker=forbath

you get the idea...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the link....what a joke.

This is sensational journalism, and Stephen A. Smith is an arrogant idiot.

I just watched pure trash...I want that time back.
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:

Thank You for this post. I agree about Stephen A. Smith. The man is as arrogant and usually flat-out-wrong as any "commentator" that I have ever seen.

Now I won't waste my time listening to him, because he has stolen my time before...And I vowed not to let it happen again
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:

No time back its your own fault. When you saw Stephen A. and football in the same sentence you should have known better than to waste your time. Laughing
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

No time back its your own fault. When you saw Stephen A. and football in the same sentence you should have known better than to waste your time. Laughing

I don't pay attention to mainstream media, so I had no idea who this guy was. Now that I know, I won't make the same mistake.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

I don't pay attention to mainstream media, so I had no idea who this guy was. Now that I know, I won't make the same mistake.
how do you get your information about the redskins from Canada if you don't pay attention to main stream media? You not watch Espn and Monday night football?

turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
I agreed 100% of what S. A. Smith said.

Shanahan probably won't step down, cause he then would not get paid the remaining contract money. (and you know about the situation he had with Al Davis w/ the Raiders??..right?)

What Snyder should do, is call Mike Shanahan into the office and tell him he wants to let him go & let his son Kyle Shanahan take over from here.

But instead of firing him and causing a huge media backlash, to ask Mike Shanahan to quietly step down and that the Redskins would fully pay out his 2 years remaining on his contract.

KYLE SHANAHAN is then promoted from O- Coor. to Head Coach.
We keep everything in tact scheme wise and see what the young kid can do, these remaining 7 games.

He's a young man, who's never had a shot as a head coach.
I think Mike Shanahan would be ok with this, as his son would be getting a shot as a head coach.

I would then fire Jim Haslett & hire Mike Singletary as D-Coordinator.
He has a fire in his belly and would not allow this D, to lay down the remaining 7 games.

I know he runs a 4-3, but i would let him use the final 7 games to tinker with whatever schemes he wants to use.

It's not like we don't have 4-3 personel on this team already anyways...if Singletary wanted to go that route.

Kerrigan & Orakpo (injured) were both DE's in college.
Fletcher played in the 4-3 for years.
Jackson & Riley could move to OLB in the 4-3, with Fletch in middle.
Cofield can play and probably better suited for the 4-3 DT, as he did in N.Y.
Bowens & Carriker (injured) could fill the other DT role.

Getting Merriweather back should help and find a way to a put a good Secondary together, these next 2 weeks.

Do all this during our bye & see what happens.

That's what I would do, anyways...

I have no doubt, that Kyle Shanahan could do as good as his dad has.

SB winning coaches have never won a SB, with a different team...ever.

Not sure why we thought it would work with us.

Kyle Shanahan era begins...

new coach=Kyle
new d-coor=Singletary
new QB=rg3
new RB=Morris
new Kicker=forbath

you get the idea...
if mike steps down. Kyle will leave also, why would he want to coach for an organization that fired his father or asked him to step down?

Mike singletary coached a 3-4 while in SF. Could work. We'll see what happens after the season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: