Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brady Quinn starting vs Raiders!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Brady Quinn starting vs Raiders! Reply with quote

WOOOOOOOOOOOO

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000083844/article/brady-quinn-to-start-for-chiefs-against-raiders

Perhaps not even short term? ""I want (Quinn) to be the starting quarterback without looking over his shoulder.""

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES!!!!!

Quote:
Perhaps not even short term? ""I want (Quinn) to be the starting quarterback without looking over his shoulder.""

And that's how it should be.
TambaHawk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did not look soo good last week but I can see the big break helping alot.. Release the KraQuinn!

Listen to this song,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPegypma23Y
Sounds like he sings Matt Casssssssel.. Laughing Laughing
If someone can edit this song that would be legendary!

TambaHawk wrote:
Oh we are getting a Smith just not Geno Smith Laughing
Rumless

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So beautiful.
FrostyCow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:

So beautiful.

If Quinn washes out of the NFL after this season, he can always fall back on playing Aquaman.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Crennel's statement is very clear, Quinn is the starter due to performance, not health. Its his job until he loses it. While too late in most people's opinion, he gets some credit for making the move now.

^ryknowssd on the sig
simonwayne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, we are only 2 games behind Denver. And while I want us to get the 1st overall draft pick, it would also be nice to see Quinn spark this team and have them start winning games I guess. As long as we end up with Smith/Barkley/Wilson in the end, I won't complain.

I saw this quote on Arrowhead Pride which made me realize why I felt so good hearing this news:

Quote:
If anyone else was still questioning whether managment plans to move on from Cassel next season,

You have your answer.

Last edited by simonwayne on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
I mean, we are only 2 games out of having the division lead. And while I want us to get the 1st overall draft pick, it would also be nice to see Quinn spark this team and have them start winning games I guess. As long as we end up with Smith/Barkley/Wilson in the end, I won't complain.

It's funny. When I look at our schedule we can actually go 8-2 or 2-8. Who knows what the hell is going to happen for the rest of the year. I just hope its one side of the extreme or the other, that's for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
I mean, we are only 2 games out of having the division lead. And while I want us to get the 1st overall draft pick, it would also be nice to see Quinn spark this team and have them start winning games I guess. As long as we end up with Smith/Barkley/Wilson in the end, I won't complain.

It's funny. When I look at our schedule we can actually go 8-2 or 2-8. Who knows what the hell is going to happen for the rest of the year. I just hope its one side of the extreme or the other, that's for sure.

Yeah, no kidding. Knowing our luck, we are going to go 5-5, and that just doesn't sound like much good will come out of it.

But at least no matter what, we finally know that THE MATT CASSEL ERA IS OVER!!
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to happen.

Had to happen and NOT because Quinn showed much of anything last week.. but because Cassel has just completely lost the fan base and probably the locker room!
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
Had to happen.

Had to happen and NOT because Quinn showed much of anything last week.. but because Cassel has just completely lost the fan base and probably the locker room!

Exactly.

Brady isn't that much better than Cassel. Marginal difference but he at least has the confidence of the fanbase and hopefully the players who wanted Cassel out as well.

In the end it's about play calling. Use his strengths and don't make him have to win a game.

Best part about this is that it shows the FO may actually look to draft a QB and playings Quinn/Cassel gives us a solid chance of getting Barkley or Smith.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
I mean, we are only 2 games behind Denver. And while I want us to get the 1st overall draft pick, it would also be nice to see Quinn spark this team and have them start winning games I guess. As long as we end up with Smith/Barkley/Wilson in the end, I won't complain.

I saw this quote on Arrowhead Pride which made me realize why I felt so good hearing this news:

Quote:
If anyone else was still questioning whether managment plans to move on from Cassel next season,

You have your answer.

I don't have my hopes up just yet until I see a real offensive game plan put together, but it's crazy to think if we could sweep Denver (who we should match up well with) and equal their record in the other 8 games that we would win the division....as long as the Norv and Phyllis show keeps the the good work.

I am currently looking back on 2010 discussions on Facebook, on which I offered a bet to a few of my friends that Cassel would not be anyone's starting QB of choice by mid season 2012. Nobody took me up on it.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news - Quinn is terribly awful. A check down machine of the highest caliber.

Good news - He plays Oakland and at least for 1 game will look like Tom Brady as opposed to Brady Quinn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Bad news - Quinn is terribly awful. A check down machine of the highest caliber.

Good news - He plays Oakland and at least for 1 game will look like Tom Brady as opposed to Brady Quinn.

Yes he is bad. But the BAD news he is better than Cassel. and good enough to knock us out of the Geno Smith/ Matt Barkley/ Tyler Wilson sweepstakes. This franchise has not drafted a QB in the first round since 1983.....which is just insane....this is very bad news for chief fans.
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade Matty for an 8th rounder and put him in the rearview! Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf5WYigZHME

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: