Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

off. line

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cattleman78

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: off. line Reply with quote

I'm real pleased how they are progressing and they are actually pass and run blocking very well.
Thomas is back to his old self. Mack is having his best year ever. We need to extend him. Lauvao is actually becoming a good guard. Schwartzie is improving and will be a force at r.t. Greco has come in and played well.

If Pinkston comes back all we need is a back up tackle to replace Cousins. If we have to keep Cousins another year that is o.k. to.

Rather get some defensive players next year. And a tight end if Watson goes.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The O-line is definitely playing at a pretty high level. The run blocking has been adequate, but the pass blocking has been really good.

So glad that Schwartz is looking to be legit. He's actually shown some pretty quick feet from time to time, and that's a big change from the way he started. The guard play is still not great, but it's been pretty solid. It's nice to know that we won't have to spend a high pick on O-line this year.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:

So glad that Schwartz is looking to be legit. He's actually shown some pretty quick feet from time to time, and that's a big change from the way he started.

i think Schwarts has been the best rookie RT in the league IMO. it shows Tom knows what he s doing. I know a lot of ppl complained about us picking him and passing up on other RT prospects
cattleman78

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
The O-line is definitely playing at a pretty high level. The run blocking has been adequate, but the pass blocking has been really good.

So glad that Schwartz is looking to be legit. He's actually shown some pretty quick feet from time to time, and that's a big change from the way he started. The guard play is still not great, but it's been pretty solid. It's nice to know that we won't have to spend a high pick on O-line this year.

Solid play from the guards is really what we want now. Sure a Chance Warmack would be great to have. Saying that we have positions on this team far weaker than guard. Free safety,def. end and line backers come to mind. Now Reg I know you don't want an early guard.

Someday when we are in the playoffs and drafting lower a stud guard may become a reality.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:

So glad that Schwartz is looking to be legit. He's actually shown some pretty quick feet from time to time, and that's a big change from the way he started.

i think Schwarts has been the best rookie RT in the league IMO. it shows Tom knows what he s doing. I know a lot of ppl complained about us picking him and passing up on other RT prospects

Heckert does deserve credit for that

PSN: bench515lbs
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

I'm happy with the line. They are improving. I would still add a guard in FA tho and try to draft OL in the later rounds. A good swing tackle would be nice. All these could be had for cheap too.

That is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that is concerning me....is that the Play of Joe Thomas has become unsteady this year.....there have been a few games this year that Joes play has been inconsistent at best.....now there are others....like this weekend facing Terrel Suggs an Nagata (with 0 help) and lock ish down like he did for the first 4 years of his career......this year Joe has been called for more false starts then the last 5 years combined....or at least if feels that way....I want Joe to get back to being THE elite LT in the league...not just a top 8 LT....

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS.....Greco has been an upgrade over Pinkston.....just saying....

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
The thing that is concerning me....is that the Play of Joe Thomas has become unsteady this year.....there have been a few games this year that Joes play has been inconsistent at best.....now there are others....like this weekend facing Terrel Suggs an Nagata (with 0 help) and lock ish down like he did for the first 4 years of his career......this year Joe has been called for more false starts then the last 5 years combined....or at least if feels that way....I want Joe to get back to being THE elite LT in the league...not just a top 8 LT....

Personally, I saw some shaky play from Joe in the 1st few games. Rumor was that his leg/hip injury (whatever it was) was worse than reported. To his credit, he didn't whine about it. But in the last 5 games or so, he's been back to his old self, imo.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: