Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals #1 problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say it again as well. Dalton's success is directly tied to the olines performance every time. he doesn't have the inert ability to overcome poor line play, which I think was carson's point all along.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
I'll say it again as well. Dalton's success is directly tied to the olines performance every time. he doesn't have the inert ability to overcome poor line play, which I think was carson's point all along.

I agree. Dalton still has decision making issues and he cannot throw a consistent deep ball. He overthrows too make passes down the sideline. I would love to see him get more touch on his passes.

But if he has time, he is a pretty solid QB. But he needs to improve under pressure for this team to go anywhere.

Anyone else thin Whit has lost a step or 2?

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whit looked slow against Hali. But speed rushers tend to hurt this team more than power rushers, so it's nothing new.

I don't think he's lost that much. he never was that fast to begin with.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Whit looked slow against Hali. But speed rushers tend to hurt this team more than power rushers, so it's nothing new.

Sorry I worded that poorly. I didn't mean speed wise. But I feel like a lot of the pressure on Dalton all year has been against Whit. He has not been as good this team in my opinion

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
ROBERTFREEMAN

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember we, or at least I did and some others did too, liked to compare Andy to Drew Brees and a lot of people agreed, and then he started to have a bad run and people started hating on him, even I did a little after 6 ints in 3 weeks or so, but than I started to think about Brees a little more and what were his knocks early on, you know why they drafted Phillip Rivers. " Didn't have the arm strength, inconsistent, undersized, turnover prone. I went back and looked at Drew's early career and I knew he wasn't that great in the beginning then really picked it up, but I had know idea he had such similar numbers to Andy in there first two seasons. Andy has turned in back on these past two weeks but it looked like he was headed for a worse season in his second year more picks more sacks lower completion just like Brees did in his second year. I am no longer concerned with Andy I do think he is the answer at Qb I think he has all the tools to be great already he just needs to hone them, and really all he needs is a RB and maybe another toy in the passing game.
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

Sorry I worded that poorly. I didn't mean speed wise. But I feel like a lot of the pressure on Dalton all year has been against Whit. He has not been as good this team in my opinion

Eh, i think he's been fine. The last 3 quarters of the Chiefs game Hali was pretty well blanked. Though i think Gresh and the RB's chipped him a bit more than they did quarter 1.

Other than the first quarter of the Chiefs game, i can't remember a game where he got abused.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBERTFREEMAN wrote:
I remember we, or at least I did and some others did too, liked to compare Andy to Drew Brees and a lot of people agreed, and then he started to have a bad run and people started hating on him, even I did a little after 6 ints in 3 weeks or so, but than I started to think about Brees a little more and what were his knocks early on, you know why they drafted Phillip Rivers. " Didn't have the arm strength, inconsistent, undersized, turnover prone. I went back and looked at Drew's early career and I knew he wasn't that great in the beginning then really picked it up, but I had know idea he had such similar numbers to Andy in there first two seasons. Andy has turned in back on these past two weeks but it looked like he was headed for a worse season in his second year more picks more sacks lower completion just like Brees did in his second year. I am no longer concerned with Andy I do think he is the answer at Qb I think he has all the tools to be great already he just needs to hone them, and really all he needs is a RB and maybe another toy in the passing game.

I really think if he's given time, he'll be a pretty good QB. (and i mean time as another year of seasoning, plus better protection)

It'd also be nice if someone stepped as the #2 permanently (i'm looking at you Sanu). Switching targets every week is fine for a guy like Aaron Rodgers, but not for someone that can't be thinking about whether that receiver likes it low or high, on the chest or out in front, etc.

I still like Andy and haven't given up on him. In fact i'm still excited about his future. And i'm one of the most pessimistic guys around here. Just ask Villain.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
ROBERTFREEMAN

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also a side note, because someone on here said we needed "one of those 6'5 rocket arm QB's to compete" well first of a basketball website I like has a breakdown of current NBA starters and their height by position so I did it for QBs on a spread sheet, I rounded everyone (current starters) up from there combine height and averaged them out and it came out to an average of 6'3 rounding up.

When you look around the NFL QBs are actually getting shorter. Luck and Newton are huge guys but look at Rodgers, Griffin, Locker, Sanchez, Stafford, Ponder even Dalton and Russel Wilson. We are moving to more averaged size QB's who are more mobile and accurate. And if you look at the top QB's for next years draft, which you can debate somewhere else, Barkley, Geno and Tyler Wilson are all 6'2. Plus top juniors Aaron Murray is 6'1 and Taj Boyd is 6'1. Don't get me wrong there will be the 6'6 245 lb guys still coming into the league but the majority of starting NFL QBs are no longer those guys. Heck in 1992 Nick Foles and Osweiler probably would have been first rounders but the game is changing.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:

Alright..... I will try this 1 more time.

Have we all forgotten where we were just over a year ago ?

Last year, play-offs. The knock on Dalton and the Bengals is they can't beat play-off calibre teams.

Last week, they pulp the defending world-champs, the clear leader @ 6-3 in the NFCE, a definite play-off calibre team. Check.

Plenty more challenges ahead for Dalton then, not least it seems convincing many Bengal fans with short memories.

We obviously weren't as bad off as it seems, as we were able to make the playoffs with a rookie QB.

Yes last week we were able to muster up and beat the "ALMIGHTY SUPERBOWL CHAMP NEW YORK GIANTS", however, you are lying to yourself if you think that is the same Giants team that won the super bowl last year or the team that took the field even the first 8 weeks of the season. They were clearly running on fumes from playing 10 weeks prior with no bye week. That Giants defense had clearly lost a step this season and if you can't be honest with yourself about that, I think we should just agree to disagree and let it go.

Yes, basically, I would state they were largely the same Giants as last year, when they scraped through to the play-offs on 9-7 and got hot when it mattered. Looks like a similar sort of season for them, and I wouldn't be surprised to still see them lining up deep into January.

We beat a play-off calibre team, and that was something we hadn't done in a while. I see what I see, and whilst I agree something didn't look right with the G-men last week, this was the same Giants that marched into 'cisco a few weeks back and spanked the 49ers in their own back yard. That was impressive. We beat a good team last week, and maybe; like Coughlin said afterwards; we just maybe a good team.

Just gots to beat these good teams more consistently.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
It'd also be nice if someone stepped as the #2 permanently (i'm looking at you Sanu).

Marvin Jones is the guy you're looking for @ #2 when he's healthy, Sanu in the slot, Hawkins as #4 and PR. Binns and Tate will be allowed to leave after this season.
ROBERTFREEMAN

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Keenan Allen or Justin Hunter were available would you guys want them in the draft?
The other guy I am really high on is Marquess Wilson, he left WSU and will most likely enter the draft he is and All American with first round talent but some say he has an attitude issue, we love to get first rounders in the 3rd round and he would make a great addition to our WR core.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBERTFREEMAN wrote:

Mostly agree with the Brees comparison in terms of his skill-set. Alot will depend on how he's coached, and who coaches him. Under Lewis, we aren't the Saints. Dalton is on course to break some all-time Bengal records this year, and I for one am quite happy with Dalton.

The problem Andy has to overcome is that he plays QB in the AFC North.
Spartan300

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

I agree. Dalton still has decision making issues and he cannot throw a consistent deep ball. He overthrows too make passes down the sideline. I would love to see him get more touch on his passes.

But if he has time, he is a pretty solid QB. But he needs to improve under pressure for this team to go anywhere.

Anyone else thin Whit has lost a step or 2?

I've been saying for the past 2 years Whit has lost a step.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBERTFREEMAN wrote:
If Keenan Allen or Justin Hunter were available would you guys want them in the draft?
The other guy I am really high on is Marquess Wilson, he left WSU and will most likely enter the draft he is and All American with first round talent but some say he has an attitude issue, we love to get first rounders in the 3rd round and he would make a great addition to our WR core.

I'm a huge Sanu fan and think we have something in Marvin Jones, but if Keenan Allen is available, we should jump all over him. Like Green, Allen has some sick fluidity for a guy his size...
futbudds

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
ROBERTFREEMAN wrote:

Mostly agree with the Brees comparison in terms of his skill-set. Alot will depend on how he's coached, and who coaches him. Under Lewis, we aren't the Saints. Dalton is on course to break some all-time Bengal records this year, and I for one am quite happy with Dalton.

The problem Andy has to overcome is that he plays QB in the AFC North.

I like Dalton's ability to get the ball out quick especially against the stillers and ravens D, but he looked a lot better at extending the play early in his rook season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: