Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Next Head Coach candidates?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrownieTheElf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:
Here is a name that I don't believe has been mentioned....Rick Dennison

As the O Coordinator for Houston now, and Denver before, he runs the kind of offense that I think best fits the Browns. He likes to run, and throw play-action off of that. I read a stat somewhere that Schaub has the most completions of 20 or more yards off of play-action over the past several years.

If we could use Richardson like Houston uses Foster, and allow Weeden to throw down field off of play-action, I think we could show some more success on offense.

Of course it would be nice to have an Andre Johnson to throw to. Smile

Hop on the train!

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=14895368&highlight=#14895368

My bad Brownie....didn't see that post...I'm on the train. Very Happy

No problem man, his balance attack is just so nice and I think it would be great for him to be on board... coordinators though are another issue. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Shaw is looking very good after Mike McCoy and will look better when they beat UCLA to finish 10-2 again in reg season. If we end up with a gm who does not panic on draft day and fills a few holes they can go 8-8. In the end it will come down to coaching staffs for the new coach. Jauron should stay and they will need an oc to call plays.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkk wrote:
David Shaw is looking very good after Mike McCoy and will look better when they beat UCLA to finish 10-2 again in reg season. If we end up with a gm who does not panic on draft day and fills a few holes they can go 8-8. In the end it will come down to coaching staffs for the new coach. Jauron should stay and they will need an oc to call plays.

I think Jauron needs to go too. He refuses to make adjustments. Seriously when have we had a good 2nd half defense all year? Teams figure us out and adjust then Jauron does nothing.

We all wanted Jauron to stay because he was able to do some good things last year and in 1st half of games this season, but lets face it he is an average coach who can get it right part of the time. We need a coach who can change on the fly and keep the heat on in games.

As far as I am concerned the only people who Haslam and Banner should keep is Tom Heckart and the scouting department. The entire coaching staff all they way down the ranks and the strenght/conditioning coach need to be [inappropriate/removed].

Jamison on the sig
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
mkk wrote:

I think Jauron needs to go too. He refuses to make adjustments. Seriously when have we had a good 2nd half defense all year? Teams figure us out and adjust then Jauron does nothing.

We all wanted Jauron to stay because he was able to do some good things last year and in 1st half of games this season, but lets face it he is an average coach who can get it right part of the time. We need a coach who can change on the fly and keep the heat on in games.

As far as I am concerned the only people who Haslam and Banner should keep is Tom Heckart and the scouting department. The entire coaching staff all they way down the ranks and the strenght/conditioning coach need to be [inappropriate/removed].

A little harsh I think.

Given what this defense looked like when he got here and what it looks like now I think he has done an excellent job - especially given the players injuries, suspensions, youth, etc. It's week 11 and this is the first week both the DTs have been on the field together, Haden has missed 5 games now and Patterson who was looking good covering the slot has been out for a while now, plus Gocong out for the season, and who else?

Given the results so far I commend him, and would love to see what the defense can do under him with a full list of starters. For instance... Right now the browns defense, despite all the issues, is giving up 23.4 points per game... Just 1 point over the league median. If the browns can drop that by a field goal per game by getting everyone on the field together the browns defense would be ranked 8!

Plug a couple holes his offseason through the draft and FA that maybe takes off 3 more points per game and defense would be ranked 4th....
TRAIL'S END#307

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Shaw I hope will be the next head coach for the Cleveland Browns!
OC & DC I don't know about but David Shaw for sure is who I want to coach the Browns next year! Go Browns!
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRAIL'S END#307 wrote:
David Shaw I hope will be the next head coach for the Cleveland Browns!
OC & DC I don't know about but David Shaw for sure is who I want to coach the Browns next year! Go Browns!

Well, he has the experience in the NFL and as a HC, I just wonder how often you can poach the same school and get good results.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: