Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Next Head Coach candidates?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Estonianzulu


Moderator
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 26642
Location: Middle of Nowhere VA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
MBTL brought up another good one, Keith Butler


That was my pick back when we hired Mangini. I don't want him because I dont want to switch to the 3-4
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5843
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
one coach who i would gladly take if he was ever fired/not resigned is none other than Marvin Lewis

his 2000 Ravens D was legendary
he hasnt had a real front office ever in CIN
I think he's a hell of a coach, personally.


How much say does he have in the draft/FA?
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mistakebytehlak


Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 45662
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
one coach who i would gladly take if he was ever fired/not resigned is none other than Marvin Lewis

his 2000 Ravens D was legendary
he hasnt had a real front office ever in CIN
I think he's a hell of a coach, personally.


How much say does he have in the draft/FA?


mike brown's daughter does all the contract negotiation and they have the smallest scouting dept by far

thats all i know in terms of specifics.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shoffma1999


Joined: 27 Nov 2006
Posts: 2842
Location: Perrysburg, Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCBrowns21 wrote:
The same Nick Saban who quit on the NFL with the Dolphins? I'll pass.

However, I would be interested in at least interviewing Brian Billick.


If I remember correctly, Saban was also serving in a GM type role, which I would not want him to do. Additionally, I don't think the college game was out of his system when he took the Dolphins job. Here, I think he would have achieved everything he wanted in college, and now can take the next step in his career.
_________________


- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mistakebytehlak


Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 45662
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoffma1999 wrote:
JCBrowns21 wrote:
The same Nick Saban who quit on the NFL with the Dolphins? I'll pass.

However, I would be interested in at least interviewing Brian Billick.


If I remember correctly, Saban was also serving in a GM type role, which I would not want him to do. Additionally, I don't think the college game was out of his system when he took the Dolphins job. Here, I think he would have achieved everything he wanted in college, and now can take the next step in his career.


dude had already won a championship at LSU
what more did he have to achieve?

he straight up quit on the dolphins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5843
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
bulldog wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
one coach who i would gladly take if he was ever fired/not resigned is none other than Marvin Lewis

his 2000 Ravens D was legendary
he hasnt had a real front office ever in CIN
I think he's a hell of a coach, personally.


How much say does he have in the draft/FA?


mike brown's daughter does all the contract negotiation and they have the smallest scouting dept by far

thats all i know in terms of specifics.


lololol at the underlined.

I knew they had a sh** scouting dept.

I was just wonder if he gets a say in who gets signed or let go from their own roster in FA and who they go after from another team in FA. Also, who they target in the draft. How much say does he have there...

Shall we go visit the Bengals forum? Wink
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mistakebytehlak


Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 45662
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
bulldog wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
one coach who i would gladly take if he was ever fired/not resigned is none other than Marvin Lewis

his 2000 Ravens D was legendary
he hasnt had a real front office ever in CIN
I think he's a hell of a coach, personally.


How much say does he have in the draft/FA?


mike brown's daughter does all the contract negotiation and they have the smallest scouting dept by far

thats all i know in terms of specifics.


lololol at the underlined.

I knew they had a sh** scouting dept.

I was just wonder if he gets a say in who gets signed or let go from their own roster in FA and who they go after from another team in FA. Also, who they target in the draft. How much say does he have there...

Shall we go visit the Bengals forum? Wink


she does have her law degree (U Cincinnati --- know nothing of the law school tho)

but get this

her husband is the Bengals director of business development
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5843
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
bulldog wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
bulldog wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
one coach who i would gladly take if he was ever fired/not resigned is none other than Marvin Lewis

his 2000 Ravens D was legendary
he hasnt had a real front office ever in CIN
I think he's a hell of a coach, personally.


How much say does he have in the draft/FA?


mike brown's daughter does all the contract negotiation and they have the smallest scouting dept by far

thats all i know in terms of specifics.


lololol at the underlined.

I knew they had a sh** scouting dept.

I was just wonder if he gets a say in who gets signed or let go from their own roster in FA and who they go after from another team in FA. Also, who they target in the draft. How much say does he have there...

Shall we go visit the Bengals forum? Wink


she does have her law degree (U Cincinnati --- know nothing of the law school tho)

but get this

her husband is the Bengals director of business development


HAHAHAHAHAHAHH
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
MBTL brought up another good one, Keith Butler


That was my pick back when we hired Mangini. I don't want him because I dont want to switch to the 3-4


Why not The Browns have enough DL's to do it and just need a Rolb in a 34.
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
kelbot


Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 2162
Location: Dayton, OH
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody against Sean Payton is crazy. Any realistic person knows he's not coming.

And if anybody on the Bengals staff becomes the Browns HC, I'd prefer Zimmer. Lewis hasn't had much help, but has never lived up to expectations once. Arguing for Lewis and his 2000 D is akin to arguing for Martz or Billick. No thanks.

I don't want a retread. I want totally proven greatness or unproven all toghether. Defined mediocrity shouldn't be the goal.
_________________
There's always money in the banana stand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Estonianzulu


Moderator
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 26642
Location: Middle of Nowhere VA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
MBTL brought up another good one, Keith Butler


That was my pick back when we hired Mangini. I don't want him because I dont want to switch to the 3-4


Why not The Browns have enough DL's to do it and just need a Rolb in a 34.


We need 2 more starting LB's at least, Sheard is not a OLB and a no one on our roster has 3-4 experience.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TypicalBrowns10


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 1103
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
MBTL brought up another good one, Keith Butler


That was my pick back when we hired Mangini. I don't want him because I dont want to switch to the 3-4


Why not The Browns have enough DL's to do it and just need a Rolb in a 34.


We need 2 more starting LB's at least, Sheard is not a OLB and a no one on our roster has 3-4 experience.


This sounds like a job for Manti Te'o. then get sean spence in the 3rd. MONEY!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 42888
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
MBTL brought up another good one, Keith Butler


That was my pick back when we hired Mangini. I don't want him because I dont want to switch to the 3-4


Why not The Browns have enough DL's to do it and just need a Rolb in a 34.


We need 2 more starting LB's at least, Sheard is not a OLB and a no one on our roster has 3-4 experience.


Why is Sheard not an OLB?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 42888
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TypicalBrowns10 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
MBTL brought up another good one, Keith Butler


That was my pick back when we hired Mangini. I don't want him because I dont want to switch to the 3-4


Why not The Browns have enough DL's to do it and just need a Rolb in a 34.


We need 2 more starting LB's at least, Sheard is not a OLB and a no one on our roster has 3-4 experience.


This sounds like a job for Manti Te'o. then get sean spence in the 3rd. MONEY!


Sean Spence got drafted last year...?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TypicalBrowns10


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 1103
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
TypicalBrowns10 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
MBTL brought up another good one, Keith Butler


That was my pick back when we hired Mangini. I don't want him because I dont want to switch to the 3-4


Why not The Browns have enough DL's to do it and just need a Rolb in a 34.


We need 2 more starting LB's at least, Sheard is not a OLB and a no one on our roster has 3-4 experience.


This sounds like a job for Manti Te'o. then get sean spence in the 3rd. MONEY!


Sean Spence got drafted last year...?


I knew that looked wrong when I said it. Arthur Brown from Kansas St.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group