Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

As good as it is bad
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEZ88PLAYMAKER2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: As good as it is bad Reply with quote

I have been laying back a bit watching, this forum, this season and this team. I am usually a lot more decided what I think about my Cowboys mid way through the season. This team is still a big question mark to me. Extremely talented at the skill positions on both sides not so good in the trenches on both sides 'as good as it is bad'. Redball's record is very fitting! After 2 seasons of real games as a head coach he is 16 - 16 'as good as it is bad'. Last 2 seasons, last year offense did enough to win defense did enough to lose, this year offense does enough to lose defense does enough to win 'as good as it is bad'. This year's defense top 5 in total yds and passing yds, 15 and 16 in rushing yards and pts 'as good as it is NOT SO good'. This year's offense 6 and 3 in totals yards and passing yards, 29 and 26 in rush yards and pts 'as good as it is bad'. Redball has done very well at flipping the roster from veteran players that were overpaid for young talented players through the draft and can't call plays or manage a team in winning time on Sunday's ' as good as it is bad'. Players like Demarco Murray, Sean Lee, Tyron Smith, Barry Church, Anthony Spencer, Mike Jenkins, Miles Austin and Dez Bryant who are considered the 2nd tier core of this team have all shown ability but are inconsistent either due to injury, lack of motivation, mental toughness or a combination of these things ' as good as it is bad'. Tony Romo can put up numbers that are elite and throw the ball to the other team in bunches through games and even portions of a season 'as good as it is bad'. Jerry Jones can generate revenue for the team that creates freedom in the market like very few teams have and can't keep his nose out of football operations 'as good as it is bad'.

All this to say the reality is in terms of the stuff that has been swirling on this forum both sides are clearly right The Dallas Cowboys organization, coaching, staff and team is 'as good as it is bad'. In terms on the NFL the Dallas Cowboys are primed to finish this season at 8-8 because it is'as good as it is bad'.

My question is what gets this headed in the right direction? Is it whacking Redball and hiring a coach that can shake things up ie Payton, Gruden, Cowher etc some think so.....

Is it waiting for Jerry to croak and hoping a smarter rich guy buys the team and keeps the money flowing and hires football folks to win the games some think so.....

Is it shipping Romo and drafting a QB and gutting the older players and doing a real rebuild from scratch some think so....

it is as good as it is bad so there are several right answers, the real issue is that none of them appear to be being made by any of the people that actually make them. If you choose to blame one or all of them you are right and if you came up with several different solutions to what was needed you again would be right....

All that to say if you are a hopeful person or a cynical person you are right it is 'as good as it is bad'. You are right....

Thanks for the sig mike23md
DaBoys

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate that the offense was good last year, and the defense struggled. How did the offense regress so drastically? Is Holland and company that much better? Was it Laurant Robinson? There is a big drop off here. On a good note, the defense seems to be fixed.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
be WARE94

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
I hate that the offense was good last year, and the defense struggled. How did the offense regress so drastically? Is Holland and company that much better? Was it Laurant Robinson? There is a big drop off here. On a good note, the defense seems to be fixed.

laurent robinson was infinitely better then ogletree and more reliable then dez......also and most importantly tony TRUSTED robinson they had a chemistry much like romo and witten have had....holland clearly was better then bernduece and livings especially in the run game....free has shown he's not a good tackle and now we are having to struggle through tyron switching to the other side and we have be patient with him seeing as left tackle is completely new to him......Tony looks like he has regressed as well and has looked as bad as i've ever seen him.....demarco getting hurt AGAIN is hurting us.....dez not getting MUCH better if at all is bad.....it's just ALL BAD on offense right now....other then austin and witten no consistency at all

[quote="Tzimisce"]Was Romo playing sarcastaball?
Plat wrote:
"]i swear this guy be trolling
Northland

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Losing Laurent Robinson hurt but we could not afford to pay a #3 receiver what he was asking for and got from Jacksonville. The offensive line is terrible pure and simple. The defense, while improved statistically does not force turnovers. To be considered elite a defense gets the ball back for the offense. We are not there yet. Yet another year of mediocrity in Dallas.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMFAO @ Robinson - he has 15 catches for just over 150 yards this season... he was a complete product of Romo.

Sig courtesy of mack.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
LMFAO @ Robinson - he has 15 catches for just over 150 yards this season... he was a complete product of Romo.

Romo made him get open and catch the ball? Obviously a WR needs a good QB to get him the ball, but I think their should be equal praise for each player. It's not Robinson's fault Jacksonville offered him a ridiculous contract. I'm sure he thought it was a possibility that it might not work out there, and he'd be released/traded in a couple years, but if that did happen he would still get between 10-12mil total, and then be a free agent.

One thing I don't understand is how did he seem to understand what Romo wanted in a matter of weeks, when Dez still doesn't know after 2.5 years.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QBs can throw a WR open and can put the balance in places that allow them to catch it easier but there's a reason the guy was walking the streets a month into the season and was cut by STL who had no talent at WR. Can't blame him for leaving but don't act like he's irreplaceable or Wed be better with him.

Sig courtesy of mack.
atran35

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
QBs can throw a WR open and can put the balance in places that allow them to catch it easier but there's a reason the guy was walking the streets a month into the season and was cut by STL who had no talent at WR. Can't blame him for leaving but don't act like he's irreplaceable or Wed be better with him.

Any1 is replaceable. But Dez and Olgetree is not as reliable and does not have Romo's trust especially when they can't figure out their routes.
Northland

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:

Robinson had 54 receptions for 858 yards, a 15.9 yards per reception and 11 TD's with Dallas. No doubt Robinson benefited from the cast around him in Dallas and has crashed back down to earth in Jacksonville. But aren't we missing his production whether he was a product of Romo or not? I'd rather have him than Ogletree, but as I mentioned we could not pay him what he was demanding.
mco65

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robinson had 9 catches for 77 yards last night..
and a costly fumble.. Sad

I for one am rooting for Robinson to succeed in Jax but can't help but conjur up images of Alvin Harper... Shocked
Desperado82

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mco65 wrote:
Robinson had 9 catches for 77 yards last night..
and a costly fumble.. Sad

I for one am rooting for Robinson to succeed in Jax but can't help but conjur up images of Alvin Harper... Shocked

Except Harper helped contribute to a few Super Bowl wins before he left...but yeah, that's a fair comparison in a sense.

^^^mack
mco65

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Robinson did for the Cowboys is not comparable to what Harper did but Harper's career was over after he left Dallas and I keep thinking the same may be true for Robinson.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mco65 wrote:
What Robinson did for the Cowboys is not comparable to what Harper did but Harper's career was over after he left Dallas and I keep thinking the same may be true for Robinson.

It may be...but then again, it's not like he has the best QB to work with down in Jacksonville either.

^^^mack
DaBoys

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robinson > Ogletree.

Period.

Exclamation mark!

Winky Face Wink

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
mco65

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd that; Robinson > Ogletree

My son keeps asking me why the Cowboys let Robinson go..
why why why

of course my son is 8 and will wear you out with questions on Football Sunday...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: