Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bud vows to make changes if losses continue.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brit_Titan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The contrast between American and English sports really does startle me.

In English football, the fans usually expect immediate success (to some form or another) whereas you guys believe that 1 1/2 years still isn't enough to have proven what Munch has to offer.

I understand that in English football there are two transfer markets meaning a manager has more control over the players within the squad, but on the other hand, American HC's have much more control during a game.

Is it realistic of me to believe that Munch just isn't cut out for being a top head coach yet?

Made by me.

My Gallery
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brit_Titan wrote:

In English football, the fans usually expect immediate success (to some form or another) whereas you guys believe that 1 1/2 years still isn't enough to have proven what Munch has to offer.

I understand that in English football there are two transfer markets meaning a manager has more control over the players within the squad, but on the other hand, American HC's have much more control during a game.

Is it realistic of me to believe that Munch just isn't cut out for being a top head coach yet?

In the case of a George Seifert taking over for a Bill Walsh, there was reason to expect immediate success. Walsh had built the best team in football and all Seifret had to do was just follow the same game plans, lol. In result, the 49ers went to the NFC Title game 5 out of his first 6 seasons as HC and won 2 superbowls.

In the case of a Munchak taking over for a Fisher, or a Fisher taking over for a Pardee, time to build the franchise in to what you want it to be is necessary. Completely changing offensive and defensive schemes sadly prolongs it as well.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very happy that Bud has finally said something about this ongoing disaster we've been forced to endure all season. Right now, I've basically given up on the season and just jocking for a high draft position. The truth is (at least in my opinion) we don't need to totally clean house to get this all fixed.

I don't think we even need a new HC and/or GM or need to replace a lot of players like people think. We've been making good draft choices the last 2-3 seasons, and I like our new system and philoshophy on offense. We just need a new DC who knows what the Hell he's doing. We haven't had a real DC since Greg Williams. The offense has shown significant progress in the area that needed fixing, which was the run blocking. I really believe that once we're numerically out of the playoff hunt, we need to start letting Rusty Smith get some reps, if Locker's still not ready to go. That is unless we plan on not keeping Rusty around for some reason.

VY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brit_Titan wrote:

I don't think it's normal either. I think it's something TEN fans came to accept in the Fisher era. But the league was much different then (rules, players, systems, etc) and at this point look around: rookie / young HCs and QBs are becoming successful immediately. The NFL is quickly becoming a league where the incubation period is disappearing.

A lot of the issues stem from ownership not wanting to take on losses or debt (as is so common in the EPL if your manager / CEO isn't Wenger), however they fail to realize that guaranteed money for coaches or players are sunk costs. If it's not working, cut the chord. But owners such as Bud want to stretch that investment as much as possible and not double up paying salaries of expired employees.

We have a good, talented young core of players from the past three or so drafts. The DEF has a long ways to go, but on offense with the right additions we could be a much better unit. I think it all starts with Reinfeldt, and replacing him with a more ambitious replacement would be a start.
MrOneWayRoad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been one of his biggest critics for years, but kudos to Adams for coming out and actually saying something. At least he is, at the very least, putting on a show that he truly cares about how bad this product on the field is.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would Start Helping this team out by signing S.Routt
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOneWayRoad wrote:
I've been one of his biggest critics for years, but kudos to Adams for coming out and actually saying something. At least he is, at the very least, putting on a show that he truly cares about how bad this product on the field is.

He should've done this behind closed doors, not to the media. Just creates a lot more drama than need be.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
MrOneWayRoad wrote:

He should've done this behind closed doors, not to the media. Just creates a lot more drama than need be.

It really doesn't matter if he said it behind closed doors or not. Somehow, some way, news like that was going to leak out to the public and more drama was going to come from it regardless. Personally, I'm glad Adams did put it out in the open like he did. To Hell with all of the discretion crap, as a die-hard fan, I want to know exactly what the big man is thinking about this ongoing train wreck. It lets me know that he at least still has a pulse, and not just sitting by idol with his thumb up his a$$ like the rest of the FO and coaches seem to be doing.
justing101

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever it was that said I was wrong when I said that we are not a playoff team earlier this year, I now laugh in your face.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Whoever it was that said I was wrong when I said that we are not a playoff team earlier this year, I now laugh in your face.

I believe we could have been if everyone was healthy.
If McCarthy was running wild on the defense and Locker was leading the way on offense....we could have been in a weak AFC this year.

8-8 might be enough this year.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
MrOneWayRoad wrote:

It really doesn't matter if he said it behind closed doors or not. Somehow, some way, news like that was going to leak out to the public and more drama was going to come from it regardless. Personally, I'm glad Adams did put it out in the open like he did. To Hell with all of the discretion crap, as a die-hard fan, I want to know exactly what the big man is thinking about this ongoing train wreck. It lets me know that he at least still has a pulse, and not just sitting by idol with his thumb up his a$$ like the rest of the FO and coaches seem to be doing.

Imo Bud has done nothing but hold this franchise back, especially the last 5-6 years with the whole VY/Peyton crap. I wish Haslem would've bought the team. He couldn't be worse than Bud.
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grizzans3222 wrote:

Just because he's good in Madden doesn't mean he's good in real life.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

latinoaustino wrote:
grizzans3222 wrote:

Just because he's good in Madden doesn't mean he's good in real life.

Raiders let him walk and cut by a bad Chiefs team.....that's not a good sign.
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be really unfair if Munch got the can after two seasons, one where he went 9-7 in a shortened off-season with a brand new QB...

Some of the things Munch does makes my blood boil, but Palmer and Gray are just the worst of the worst. Fire them.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
It would be really unfair if Munch got the can after two seasons, one where he went 9-7 in a shortened off-season with a brand new QB...

Some of the things Munch does makes my blood boil, but Palmer and Gray are just the worst of the worst. Fire them.

Agree on Munch and Gray not Palmer. He's just not starting to figure out to best way to use CJ, our line is getting better and he's been without his starting QB. Locker could save two jobs if he plays well, Munch and Palmer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: