Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB - UConn.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tugboat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB - UConn. Reply with quote

What's the scoop with this guy?

From what i've read and what little i've been able to dig up in terms of watching the guy, i'm intrigued. 6'1 - 190lbs with pretty good mobility and speed, and a bit of an aggressive streak.

Has good size and seems to have decent speed and physical tools in general. But seems to be extremely raw. From what i've seen, at times he looks like he doesn't know what he's supposed to be doing at all and is just winging it. The flip side of that, other times he seems to show really intriguing football instincts. There's something kind of Asante Samuel-ish about what i've seen of him?

Curious what those folks who watch Connecticut games regular have to say about him.
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB - UConn. Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
What's the scoop with this guy?

From what i've read and what little i've been able to dig up in terms of watching the guy, i'm intrigued. 6'1 - 190lbs with pretty good mobility and speed, and a bit of an aggressive streak.

Has good size and seems to have decent speed and physical tools in general. But seems to be extremely raw. From what i've seen, at times he looks like he doesn't know what he's supposed to be doing at all and is just winging it. The flip side of that, other times he seems to show really intriguing football instincts. There's something kind of Asante Samuel-ish about what i've seen of him?

Curious what those folks who watch Connecticut games regular have to say about him.

I've had him as a top 5 CB since late in the preseason. Really like the guy a lot and Asante Samuel is a decent comparison. Think he has good physical corner skills and is really improving on his covering skills which are already pretty good. Think with a good combine he will be a solid 2nd round pick.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He locked down our number #1 receiver this year. He is a damn good corner.

11/16/2008 = The Return to SU Football Glory Begins
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat,
It is funny you created a thread on Wilson as a prospect - I was just thinking about him yesterday and was going to ask about him in the forum. I am really interested in finding out how he grades as an NFL prospect. I wonder if he is really 6'-1", 190 lbs. or will end up measuring out more around 5'-11".

Is he a physical corner or more finesse?

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
rabbisson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLIDI.

Blidi is an interesting cornerback. He's only been playing football for about three years (was recruited by Randy Edsall as a soccer player) and has had a few injuries since he's been at UCONN. He is extremely physical at the LOS, and should run a 4.4 to 4.45 at the NFL Combine unless he is feeling any after effects of his injuries.

Blidi has good ball skills and closing speed. Sometimes he can be beaten deep because he has trouble playing catch up with quicker receivers, but he makes up for this with savvy in press. I don't think he'd function really well in zone to be honest, he still has a lot of aspects to work on. However, he has the skills necessary to be a NFL cornerback, especially due to his ability in man coverage.

He'll never be a Darrelle Revis type simply because he doesn't have the long speed to consistently outpace receiver. I see his ceiling as more Quentin Jammer than anything else. However, if he can stay healthy, Blidi can have a very good career in the NFL. I'd give him a mid second round grade.

Both corners at UCONN are draftable this year: Dwayne Gratz actually might be the better pro, as he has great ball skills, is more schematically diverse, and is quicker than Blidi, but he also has flashes of inconsistency and could just be a pure ballhawk rather than a great corner. I'd actually take Gratz on my team over Blidi though: just personal preference.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Huskies will be playing the Pitt Panthers tonight on ESPN. I am interested in taking a closer look at Wrey-Wilson.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Tugboat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
BLIDI.

Blidi is an interesting cornerback. He's only been playing football for about three years (was recruited by Randy Edsall as a soccer player) and has had a few injuries since he's been at UCONN. He is extremely physical at the LOS, and should run a 4.4 to 4.45 at the NFL Combine unless he is feeling any after effects of his injuries.

Blidi has good ball skills and closing speed. Sometimes he can be beaten deep because he has trouble playing catch up with quicker receivers, but he makes up for this with savvy in press. I don't think he'd function really well in zone to be honest, he still has a lot of aspects to work on. However, he has the skills necessary to be a NFL cornerback, especially due to his ability in man coverage.

He'll never be a Darrelle Revis type simply because he doesn't have the long speed to consistently outpace receiver. I see his ceiling as more Quentin Jammer than anything else. However, if he can stay healthy, Blidi can have a very good career in the NFL. I'd give him a mid second round grade.

Both corners at UCONN are draftable this year: Dwayne Gratz actually might be the better pro, as he has great ball skills, is more schematically diverse, and is quicker than Blidi, but he also has flashes of inconsistency and could just be a pure ballhawk rather than a great corner. I'd actually take Gratz on my team over Blidi though: just personal preference.

Interesting indeed. Thanks for the report.

Curious to see a few responses in here pegging him as a solid 2nd round grade. I've seen him buried a bit on a lot of rankings, but i can definitely see why he might grade out higher. Seems like there's still quite a bit of potential to grow as a player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: