Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 draft wish list
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Dro wrote:
was hoping in the offseason we draft

Round 2 David Amerson, CB, N.C. State
Round 3 Oday Aboushi OT, Virginia
Round 4 Robert Lester SS, Alabama
Round 5 Marquess Wilson*, WR, Washington State
Round 5 Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon
Round 6 Aaron Tipoti, DT, California
Round 6 Braden Hansen, G/C, BYU
Round 7 Ray Ray Armstrong

FA

Jarius Byrd
Aqib Talib

Cuts

Moss,Hall,Brown

Restructure - Fletcher.

We only have 2 5th's and 1 6th.

Robert Lester is a 2nd round projection currently. No way he drops tot he 4th.

Dont want Ray Ray Armstrong.

Aqib Talib was just traded to the Patriots, so he won't be available.

And we have to force Fletcher to retire. He is slow, out of place and just playing badly. It is time to actually let him hang em up.

2 6ths.. McNabb Trade.

Lester I've seen in 3rd round of Mocks and falling...

Talib is a Free Agent..

Ray Ray is a 7th round pick the definition of a High Risk High Reward guy imo you have to take a chance on him..
lavar703

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Dro wrote:

FA

Jarius Byrd
Aqib Talib

Cuts

Moss,Hall,Brown

Restructure - Fletcher.

And we have to force Fletcher to retire. He is slow, out of place and just playing badly. It is time to actually let him hang em up.

2 6ths.. McNabb Trade.

Talib is a Free Agent..

Ray Ray is a 7th round pick the definition of a High Risk High Reward guy imo you have to take a chance on him..

We only got one 6th from McNabb, he didn't play enough for us to get the other.
Dro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Dro wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Dro wrote:

FA

Jarius Byrd
Aqib Talib

Cuts

Moss,Hall,Brown

Restructure - Fletcher.

2 6ths.. McNabb Trade.

Talib is a Free Agent..

plus the one we already have.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only one ( our ) sixth round pick per this ..
http://bloggingthebeast.com/nfc-east-2013-draft-picks/redskins-2013-draft-picks/
lavar703

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Dro wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Dro wrote:

FA

Jarius Byrd
Aqib Talib

Cuts

Moss,Hall,Brown

Restructure - Fletcher.

2 6ths.. McNabb Trade.

Talib is a Free Agent..

plus the one we already have.

No. We got that 6th rounder last year and that turned into Alfred Morris, we don't have an extra 6th this year.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
I agree exactly.. I see the teams receivers the same as you.. We need a Home Run threat..
so we are going to be the Baylor bears and just hope to out score everyone because we can't cover anyone?

Oh and guys Terrance Williams has firmly placed himself in the 1st round of the 2013 nfl draft as of right now. I don't see that changing and I don't see us even having the chance of drafting him unless we want to trade multiple picks to move up and draft him.

We will have more than enough good options in free agency to improve the defensive backfield if thats the route we choose to go. I just think Terrance Williams would be far too valuable to pass up if available there however he is the only guy I would pass up Rambo to take otherwise I'm all in on Bacarri Rambo.
get used to Fred Davis suspensions with Rambo. I don't trust the guy.

A lot of kids make silly mistakes in college, I would give him a chance to redeem himself.
so did TWill and Freddy. Look if we draft them, I'll wish them well of course because they'll be a skin but me personally... They aren't even on my board till round 4 and even then, I'd have trouble taking them over high character, good off the field and nearly as talented prospects.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyler735

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
I agree exactly.. I see the teams receivers the same as you.. We need a Home Run threat..
so we are going to be the Baylor bears and just hope to out score everyone because we can't cover anyone?

Oh and guys Terrance Williams has firmly placed himself in the 1st round of the 2013 nfl draft as of right now. I don't see that changing and I don't see us even having the chance of drafting him unless we want to trade multiple picks to move up and draft him.

You're point is well taken, however, I brought this up for discussion a few months ago--Do you want one great unit ( offense or defense ) or two so-so units.. The offense to me is further along so let's keep that going and have a great offense--and do what we can to bolster the defense..

This is basically my thought as well. It's better to have one unit that is great than 2 decent ones. That doesn't mean we can't go out and get some people to help in the secondary, but that game changing WR would help us become a truly elite offense for next year.

Also the Redskins have there first REAL FRANCHISE QB in how many decades??? You gotta surround him with talent, so he can live up to his potential. His specialty is down field passing, you gotta let him open it up with a solid group of receivers that play to his strengths. Also if RG3 is lighting it up on offense you don't think that free agents will take some notice and sign in future years to play with a special player like him?

I agree with you Turtle in that we definitely do need to address the secondary badly. However I don't agree with Williams being a 1st round lock. With potentially Allen, Hunter, Woods, Williams, Patterson, and Austin possibly even being in the first round mix, at least 1 or 2 of them will slip into the beginning of the second round which is where we will be picking at this point. At this point all of these guys are potential 1st rounders, but only 2-4 will likely be picked in the first.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:

This is basically my thought as well. It's better to have one unit that is great than 2 decent ones. That doesn't mean we can't go out and get some people to help in the secondary, but that game changing WR would help us become a truly elite offense for next year.

Also the Redskins have there first REAL FRANCHISE QB in how many decades??? You gotta surround him with talent, so he can live up to his potential. His specialty is down field passing, you gotta let him open it up with a solid group of receivers that play to his strengths. Also if RG3 is lighting it up on offense you don't think that free agents will take some notice and sign in future years to play with a special player like him?

I agree with you Turtle in that we definitely do need to address the secondary badly. However I don't agree with Williams being a 1st round lock. With potentially Allen, Hunter, Woods, Williams, Patterson, and Austin possibly even being in the first round mix, at least 1 or 2 of them will slip into the beginning of the second round which is where we will be picking at this point. At this point all of these guys are potential 1st rounders, but only 2-4 will likely be picked in the first.
i don't see Williams dropping out of the top 20 currently. I just want the best db we can get on our team, in the draft. If we don't do that, I don't think we are really doing all we can to improve our team as a whole.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyler735

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:

i don't see Williams dropping out of the top 20 currently. I just want the best db we can get on our team, in the draft. If we don't do that, I don't think we are really doing all we can to improve our team as a whole.

No doubt he likely could go top 20, but at this point you never know which teams are going to fall in love with which WR's of the 6 that could be considered 1st round potential kind of guys.

I wouldn't be mad if we picked up the best DB available just would be happier with the WR since it would immensely benefit the first real franchise QB the skins have seen in forever. Also I just don't see anything special out of the Safety/CB class this year, or at least where we would be picking in the 2nd. There are some guys that will be solid starters, but I don't think any would have the impact on this team like a J Hunter, C. Patterson, T. Williams, Etc. These WR's paired with RG3 could be at least top 10-15 type players.

Basically I don't see any CB/S being much better if at all than someone like a J. Byrd, D. Rogers-Cromartie, S. Shields, etc. I feel that there will be free agents that won't break the bank that could come in and be just as effective as some of the rookies. I would then take risks on players like Rambo/Mathieu in rounds 3-5 or so as these types of players are risky, but if they stay out of trouble will be solid starters. It's rare to hit on solid starters in the middle rounds anyway, so I think they are worth the risk
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:

No doubt he likely could go top 20, but at this point you never know which teams are going to fall in love with which WR's of the 6 that could be considered 1st round potential kind of guys.

I wouldn't be mad if we picked up the best DB available just would be happier with the WR since it would immensely benefit the first real franchise QB the skins have seen in forever. Also I just don't see anything special out of the Safety/CB class this year, or at least where we would be picking in the 2nd. There are some guys that will be solid starters, but I don't think any would have the impact on this team like a J Hunter, C. Patterson, T. Williams, Etc. These WR's paired with RG3 could be at least top 10-15 type players.

Basically I don't see any CB/S being much better if at all than someone like a J. Byrd, D. Rogers-Cromartie, S. Shields, etc. I feel that there will be free agents that won't break the bank that could come in and be just as effective as some of the rookies. I would then take risks on players like Rambo/Mathieu in rounds 3-5 or so as these types of players are risky, but if they stay out of trouble will be solid starters. It's rare to hit on solid starters in the middle rounds anyway, so I think they are worth the risk
the Wrs you listed wont be there for us in round 2 IMO anyways. I'd rather see us draft a starter at db in round 2, than a #3 or 4 wr for us. Make no doubt those Wrs won't have huge impacts right away. Garçon, Morgan, Hankerson and Robinson will still be the ones getting most of the targets next year.
tyler735

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:

the Wrs you listed wont be there for us in round 2 IMO anyways. I'd rather see us draft a starter at db in round 2, than a #3 or 4 wr for us. Make no doubt those Wrs won't have huge impacts right away. Garçon, Morgan, Hankerson and Robinson will still be the ones getting most of the targets next year.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/11283/desean-jackson

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13982/julio-jones

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13983/a.j.-green

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12569/percy-harvin

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13553/victor-cruz

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12601/mike-wallace

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13489/mike-williams

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14032/torrey-smith

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14153/denarius-moore

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15705/josh-gordon

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12579/jeremy-maclin

Pretty much all if not all of these guys in their ROOKIE year have more yards and TD's than our "devoloping" group of WR's do combined this year (Robinson, Hankerson, Briscoe). Almost all were taken in the first few rounds of the draft in recent years. They all contributed very well as rookies. There is NO way 6 WR's are taken in the first round, so at least a couple will slip to us early in the 2nd round. If we don't get one of them, Marcus Davis in the 3rd would work as well, his skill set combined with RG3 would be great together.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:

Pretty much all if not all of these guys in their ROOKIE year have more yards and TD's than our "devoloping" group of WR's do combined this year (Robinson, Hankerson, Briscoe). Almost all were taken in the first few rounds of the draft in recent years. They all contributed very well as rookies. There is NO way 6 WR's are taken in the first round, so at least a couple will slip to us early in the 2nd round. If we don't get one of them, Marcus Davis in the 3rd would work as well, his skill set combined with RG3 would be great together.
its all bout plying time my friend. You and I know that. If moss is gone next year, that moves a guy up in the depth chart.

1. your listing starters. We made the decision on our starters this year by keeping Moss and signing Morgan.

It's also only 9 games through the season. Talk to me at seasons end and if Briscoe, Hankerson and Robinson don't get more playing time.

All I know is, if we draft a WR in round 2. I don't want to hear anyone in this forum complain about how bad our secondary is next year. I don't want to hear it. If we don't draft a few DBs, I don't want to hear one pep out of folks who wanted to draft a wr in round 2 or 3.

Just like I'm tired of hearing people complain about the DBs when we passed on two good ones in rounds 3 and 4 this year and spent most of our resources on wrs in the offseason .

Last edited by turtle28 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i could dig us getting Da'Rick Rogers in the 3rd if he slips because of the field issues.. Hes like a Big Anquan Boldin type guy.. tough with YAC...but runs around a 4.4.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
i could dig us getting Da'Rick Rogers in the 3rd if he slips because of the field issues.. Hes like a Big Anquan Boldin type guy.. tough with YAC...but runs around a 4.4.
does anyone know why he got kicked out of Tennessee?

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1320618-what-darick-rogers-transferring-to-tennessee-tech-means-for-his-draft-stock

Substance abuse! Stay away from this guy, too many red flags.

Quote:
Unfortunately for Rogers, he lost that opportunity on Aug. 23, when he was suspended indefinitely from the Volunteers due to multiple violations of the school’s substance-abuse policy.

tyler735

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:

its all bout plying time my friend. You and I know that. If moss is gone next year, that moves a guy up in the depth chart.

1. your listing starters. We made the decision on our starters this year by keeping Moss and signing Morgan.

It's also only 9 games through the season. Talk to me at seasons end and if Briscoe, Hankerson and Robinson don't get more playing time.

All I know is, if we draft a WR in round 2. I don't want to hear anyone in this forum complain about how bad our secondary is next year. I don't want to hear it. If we don't draft a few DBs, I don't want to hear one pep out of folks who wanted to draft a wr in round 2 or 3.

Just like I'm tired of hearing people complain about the DBs when we passed on two good ones in rounds 3 and 4 this year and spent most of our resources on wrs in the offseason .

Most of the WR's didn't start the season as starters either. A lot of them had to work their way into the starting lineup, and then lit it up from there, which is something Hankerson, Robinson, and Briscoe have failed to do after 2 seasons on the team. There is a chance one of them could step it up, but as of now there has been no evidence of that happening.

From a talent perspective:
Allen, Hunter, Patterson, Woods, Williams, and Austin >>> Morgan, Hankerson, Robinson, and Briscoe.

Basically, any of these guys would be able to start with our current roster in almost no time. All those WR's listed that could be drafted give us a legit WR opposite Garcon that teams would have to actually take note of when playing us.

I love Moss, but he's on his last legs, and there isn't a D in the league that looks at Morgan with any sort of fear, he hardly makes any big plays, and is more of a solid kind of reliable number 3 type WR.

We got enough money to sign 1 or 2 solid secondary free agents, and even draft 1 or 2 more in the secondary.

This team is still in the process of putting all the pieces together, so the most important thing to do at this point is give the new face of your franchise RG3 some weapons to work with and build the team around him, and then focus on the other weaknesses that are left.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: