Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 draft wish list
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all of you guys are making great points.....needless to say we have alot of holes to fill this offseason without a ton of options! We will have a better idea of needs after free agency.

I think we are set at SS with Meriweather. This is the first time in his career he has really been hurt, so I expect he will come back next year hungry! I would argue that FS is one of our biggest needs! We dont actually have a FS on our roster Meriweather, Gomes, Reed, Williams are all SS. I would rather take a guy like Byrd in free agency who has experience and is proven (I think Buffalo will franchise him if they cant get a deal done). So i forsee our first pick being a FS!!! Tony Jefferson or kenny Vacarro if they are there!

I think everyone will prolly agree that DHall is done in Washington. Cedric Griffen is gone, and Josh Wilson is serviceable but prolly at best a nickle corner. So I think its fair to say corner is a huge need for us as well! The top of my wish list in free agency is DRC...I think he would thrive in Washington as our #1 corner, and there is prolly a chance we could get him. I think Philly will be dumping a ton of pay roll this off season!! We have options in the draft as well. Guys like Poyer, Amerson will prolly be droping to the second we have a shot to grab one if we can address FS in FA.

I know this is not very popular here, but with Shanny's track record with drafting players there is almost no chance he takes a RT before the 5th round. I think Polumbus/Compton are our future, so I havent really given much thought RT prospects. Sure, there may be a player that hes in love with and will pull the trigger....I just dont see it!!!!

So, I guess what Im saying is we will be filling holes in the secondary with the draft depending on who we get in FA....I dont see us taking a LB or RT before the 5th round no matter what happens in FA
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
Not that it's a big deal or anything, but Hayward was the 62nd overall pick, not 69th. The 69th overall pick was T.J. Graham, WR out of NC State, to the Buffalo Bills.

Weird. Not sure why I put 69 there (unless I was unconsciously channeling Bill & Ted).
footy_29

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
Not that it's a big deal or anything, but Hayward was the 62nd overall pick, not 69th. The 69th overall pick was T.J. Graham, WR out of NC State, to the Buffalo Bills.

Weird. Not sure why I put 69 there (unless I was unconsciously channeling Bill & Ted).

Well done sir.

=========

Marcus 21: I actually see the team bringing back Cedric Griffin; I really cannot see why they wouldn't considering there will be few options in free agency and they cannot use three rookies as their #2 starter, nickle and dime corners.

======

Most think it unwise for Amerson to declare, and I can agree with that opinion because I think he's destined for an NFL career as a safety. Perhaps he is someone to consider as part of that group of safeties. If the safety group is deemed relatively crowded, there are two approaches for the FO:

1 - Delay drafting a S until the third because there is bound to be someone you like remaining on the board, thereby allowing the team to go with BPA at other positions (CB, LB, WR).
2 - Trade down with your second to accumulate an extra third if you deem it unlikely for the safeties you like to remain that long.

Of course, the FO may not consider the S/CB group to be as deep in the second round as draftniks/fans, so they may simply take the top FS on their board in the second round.

When it comes down to it, I am fairly certain the team will look to trade down with their second rounder.
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats up with Marcus avatar being so big?

Does he have SARS?
Quick, nobody breath when reading his post.

Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:

Does he have SARS?

Laughing I was wondering if that was him. Maybe a MJ fan. Wink

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
a2piece89

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Elam Pray
he's not even expected to be drafted in the 1st so that plays into our favor. antoine Bethea jr

with some other picks Nick Moody/Mattheiu on the dl

Pray over any present i could receive

Last edited by a2piece89 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:37 am; edited 2 times in total
    TKellion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as we are talking wish list,I want Desmond Trufant CB Washington.He is a 1st class play maker at CB.At S either of Prentiss Waggner ,Tennessee or Rashard Hall ,Clemson .At ILB Kevin Minter,LSU or Nico Johnson, Bama.And at RT 1 of Xavier Nixon,Florida and Oday Oboushi,Virginia both seem to have the athleticism at RT for the ZBS.The perfect draft for me would be RD 2. Minter,RD3.Trufant,RD4.Hall,RD 5 Nixon or Oboushi.Please dont waste my time with they wont go that late posts lol.Guys alot of you had as sure fire 2nd or 3rd rounders were still on the board in the 5th this last draft Twisted Evil
    S. Taylor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmond Trufant is a good player.
    I wouldn't mind the Skins drafting him.

If Georgia's Alec Ogletree enters the NFL Draft, I could see him being a hot commodity if he makes it to the 2nd round. I could see the Skins pursuing him.

One thing I've learned with the Shanahan/Allen combination in control, is that they are going to get value. On draft day, they probably won't reach on a 'position of need' if they feel the value is elsewhere.
    Almm24

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Blidi Wreh-Wilson and David Amerson
    Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we can have our Avatar like that it doesn't bother me.
    mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
    I wish we can have our Avatar like that it doesn't bother me.

While it may not bother you, it bothers the storage the servers are allowed to have in loading times.

The bigger the avatar the longer the loading times would be and that does not make the webmaster happy. So he keeps it to a certain size to not overload the load limits and make the site slower.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
    Marcus21

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:

Does he have SARS?

WOW sorry for the giant head shot...I was having technical issues. Yeah thats me at work.....SARS is mostly in Asia but whatever!!
    TKellion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we have any extra picks in the middle rounds 3-6 ?
    Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB
    S
    ILB
    OL
    DL
    OLB

That's what we need.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
    Marcus21

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see our need as:

FS
    2 CB
    OLB
    TE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
    Page 11 of 12

Jump to: