Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 draft wish list
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honey Badger is getting drafted. Remember Jenks last year went in the 3rd didnt he? And hes been a playmaker in the pros.

Great news hes entering. Thicken up the draft pot on cbs. Hopefully a few more enter early as well. Cause this isnt a great class, but it could turn out to be a very good one depending on who jumps ship for the pros.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
Ktizzzlee21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Ktizzzlee21 wrote:
It will be interesting to see where Tyrann Mathieu is drafted. But i would draft him in the 4th round. Move him to free safety and let him make plays.

After the second drug arrest this year, I dont think he will be drafted......UDFA

he'll get drafted no doubt...i hope its us.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ktizzzlee21 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
Ktizzzlee21 wrote:
It will be interesting to see where Tyrann Mathieu is drafted. But i would draft him in the 4th round. Move him to free safety and let him make plays.

After the second drug arrest this year, I dont think he will be drafted......UDFA

he'll get drafted no doubt...i hope its us.

I wouldnt mind. We lack the LSU talent needed to be successful. Very Happy

Marcus21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Honey Badger is getting drafted. Remember Jenks last year went in the 3rd didnt he? And hes been a playmaker in the pros.

Great news hes entering. Thicken up the draft pot on cbs. Hopefully a few more enter early as well. Cause this isnt a great class, but it could turn out to be a very good one depending on who jumps ship for the pros.

Jenkins was able to go to junior college, and keep his nose clean for a year...showig he can stay out of trouble. Matheiu has already been arrested with drug charges after being kicked off LSU's team. It would be a pretty huge gamble to take him before the 7th round...IMHO
Im by no means a square.....Guys the get in trouble in college using a lil herb deserve second chances (Barcari Rambo)....It just seems Mathieu had a chance to make nice and improve his image by staying out of trouble for a year, and he couldnt!!!!
footy_29

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be worried about Tyrann Mathieu, and therefore I am not entirely sure that I want him drafted by the Redskins. The earliest I would do it would be the fifth round, and even then I would wait another round.

There are just too many corners that I would be interested in before I got to Mathieu. I maintain that rounds 2, 3, and 4 should be for defensive backs unless there is an impact LB or a starting calibre RT. If they only take 2 DBs in those three rounds, then I can see them taking a gamble on Mathieu if there are few other options.
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:

Jenkins was able to go to junior college, and keep his nose clean for a year...showig he can stay out of trouble.

He stayed out of trouble. But at the combine he confessed in interviews that he used all his final year.
How does being lucky enough to not be caught make him any different than HoneyB?

S. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

Jenkins was able to go to junior college, and keep his nose clean for a year...showig he can stay out of trouble.

He stayed out of trouble. But at the combine he confessed in interviews that he used all his final year.
How does being lucky enough to not be caught make him any different than HoneyB?

Maybe that Janoris was honest about it?
Tyrann is talented, but he's small for the safety position and possibly not big enough to be a CB.

I don't even remember the extent of the problems that Janoris had, but wasn't he homeless at one point? Wasn't he working to pay tuition when he lost his scholarship?

Tyrann just seems... different.
He seems a little more hard-headed and easily influenced by his loser friends/rappers/club promoters/whatever they do...

*shrugs*
daboyle250

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone interested in Eric Fisher?

Tracker: 46 catches, 498 yards, 3 TD
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daboyle250 wrote:

He is a OT from Central Michigan. I think he is projected at a 1st round projection. But he may drop. I wouldnt use a 2nd round pick on him as the secondary is a much bigger need.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:

If by "Jenks" you mean Janoris Jenkins, he was drafted by St. Louis in the 2nd round (using our pick no less).

I do agree that he'll be drafted. A guy doesn't end up with an invitation to the Downtown Athletic Club if he's a complete athletic bum. It's possible he could rise up the board if he has a really strong offseason. Right now, I think he'd end up in the 4th or 5th (talented, but MAJOR red flags (he got kicked off a Les Miles team ... you have to work at that)).
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
daboyle250 wrote:

He is a OT from Central Michigan. I think he is projected at a 1st round projection. But he may drop. I wouldnt use a 2nd round pick on him as the secondary is a much bigger need.
i agree with this. Fisher reminds me of Joe Stanley, also from Central Michigan. They are both very, very athletic tackles and we need one opposite Trent, so that we can run tr Trent's that we run to Trent's side with RBs, wrs and Tes also to the right side.

I hope Fisher falls to us in round 2. If he does I'd draft him in a heart beat, even above the DBs we've all talked about.

I know I've said DB above all, but we shouldn't pass on a possible great athletic talent opposite Trent at RT either. Fisher fits exactly what we are looking for at Rt.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

If by "Jenks" you mean Janoris Jenkins, he was drafted by St. Louis in the 2nd round (using our pick no less).

I do agree that he'll be drafted. A guy doesn't end up with an invitation to the Downtown Athletic Club if he's a complete athletic bum. It's possible he could rise up the board if he has a really strong offseason. Right now, I think he'd end up in the 4th or 5th (talented, but MAJOR red flags (he got kicked off a Les Miles team ... you have to work at that)).
ummm yeah... No thanks.

I agree we need upgraded talent, especially in the secondary. That being said though, we need talent that will stay on the field and not have problems off the field. We need talent that thinks about the team and not about partying all the time off the field. Everything that points to Mathieu is a guy that we do not want as a part of this organization and a guy we can't trust. On top of all that, he's also not ideal size. Many question if he will be a cb or FS and many have questioned if he will ever be a starter in the NFL.

A player with all these questionmarks on and off the field, who didn't even play football last year because of a team suspension. Why would anyone be drawn to a player with so many questions and seems like an unfocused, undersized problem child with not elite speed?

I get why parrot head wants him. He will push all Lsu players onto the redskins, but I accept that because I do the same thing with college teams that I like. I'd love to see the skins draft all Ohio state players, Terps players and Wvu players also.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, you don't get picked as a Heisman finalist if you don't have talent. Regardless of what he does off the field, he's got talent on it. Yes, he's a major chucklehead hence why I wouldn't spend more than a fourth at best.

That said, he's got incredible talent at positions we need help at. If we can get him at a discount, do it.

As an example, Coty Sensabaugh (CB out of Clemson) was drafted in the fourth round (115th) last year by the Titans. His contract

Quote:
5/11/2012: Signed a four-year, $2.532 million contract. The deal included a $432,000 signing bonus. 2012: $390,000, 2013: $480,000, 2014: $570,000, 2015: $660,000, 2016: Free Agent

At the absolute worst, you are talking about a 40K cap hit and that's if you cut him before his first year is over. After that, you can cut him whenever and save cap space. That's a VERY reasonable risk.

Okay, what if we went third round?

Jamell Flemming (CB out of Oklahoma) taken by Arizona (80th):
Quote:
6/11/2012: Signed a four-year, $2.731 million contract. The deal included a $586,000 signing bonus. 2012: $390,000, 2013: $495,000, 2014: $585,000, 2015: $675,000, 2016: Free Agent

Heck, what about a 2nd round pick (I wanted to do Jenkins but his contract is laden with protection from him screwing up)?

Casey Hayward (CB out of Vanderbilt) taken by Green Bay (69th):
Quote:
5/11/2012: Signed a four-year, $3.3 million contract. The deal contains $1.4 million guaranteed, including an $847,000 signing bonus. 2012: $390,000, 2013: $540,451, 2014: $690,901, 2015: $841,352, 2016: Free Agent

(it's unclear what the other $0.553M is guaranteed as, but I suspect it's salary due to injury)

Even with a second round pick, it's less than $100K cap hit to cut a guy after a year.

All contracts courtesy of rotoworld.com
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Again, you don't get picked as a Heisman finalist if you don't have talent. Regardless of what he does off the field, he's got talent on it. Yes, he's a major chucklehead hence why I wouldn't spend more than a fourth at best.

That said, he's got incredible talent at positions we need help at. If we can get him at a discount, do it.

As an example, Coty Sensabaugh (CB out of Clemson) was drafted in the fourth round (115th) last year by the Titans. His contract

Quote:
5/11/2012: Signed a four-year, $2.532 million contract. The deal included a $432,000 signing bonus. 2012: $390,000, 2013: $480,000, 2014: $570,000, 2015: $660,000, 2016: Free Agent

At the absolute worst, you are talking about a 40K cap hit and that's if you cut him before his first year is over. After that, you can cut him whenever and save cap space. That's a VERY reasonable risk.

Okay, what if we went third round?

Jamell Flemming (CB out of Oklahoma) taken by Arizona (80th):
Quote:
6/11/2012: Signed a four-year, $2.731 million contract. The deal included a $586,000 signing bonus. 2012: $390,000, 2013: $495,000, 2014: $585,000, 2015: $675,000, 2016: Free Agent

Heck, what about a 2nd round pick (I wanted to do Jenkins but his contract is laden with protection from him screwing up)?

Casey Hayward (CB out of Vanderbilt) taken by Green Bay (69th):
Quote:
5/11/2012: Signed a four-year, $3.3 million contract. The deal contains $1.4 million guaranteed, including an $847,000 signing bonus. 2012: $390,000, 2013: $540,451, 2014: $690,901, 2015: $841,352, 2016: Free Agent

(it's unclear what the other $0.553M is guaranteed as, but I suspect it's salary due to injury)

Even with a second round pick, it's less than $100K cap hit to cut a guy after a year.

All contracts courtesy of rotoworld.com

Not that it's a big deal or anything, but Hayward was the 62nd overall pick, not 69th. The 69th overall pick was T.J. Graham, WR out of NC State, to the Buffalo Bills.
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 64 tackles, 1 INT, 2 PDefs, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 11 catches, 63 yards, 1 TD
tyler735

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another prospect I wouldn't mind taking a look at in the 5-7th round is Greg Reid. He was one of the best if not the best returner in college football the past few years, and isn't afraid to get physical as a corner, kinda plays a bit like Antoine Winfield.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHhRD4lsAzU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75TeKIyQYlI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: