Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

T-Raves Mock Offseason
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raves

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: T-Raves Mock Offseason Reply with quote

Since people are complaining a lot about the team, especially the defense and for good as well as bad reasons, let's look at the possible team next year.

Cuts/Not retained:
Will Smith ~$10 million savings next year
Jonathan Vilma $4.5 million next year
Sedrick Ellis $5 million this year, won't be on it next year
Scott Shanle $1 million this year, won't be on it next year

Trades:
Roman Harper sent to the Cincinnati Bengals for 2nd round pick

Signings:
DE Michael Johnson 5 yr 45 million, 15 million signing bonus
-He was extremely raw coming out and over the past few years in Cincinnati has really started to turn it on. Through 7 games already has 6 sacks and with Spags should continue to improve.

SS Kenny Phillips 4 yr 16 million, 4 million signing bonus
-He's a Spags guy, knows the system, but has been injury proned, but a top notch SS when healthy in both run support and coverage. A decent contract for an injury riddled SS, but I like what we have with Quddus as well in case he goes down and going with Jenkins/Quddus though Jenkins/Phillips would be much better.

LT Jermon Bushrod 1 yr 4.5 million
-He's been down this year but he also had a major shoulder surgery right after the season and I think he's affecting him. We offer him a one year deal to let him get healthy and re-evaluate afterwards as OT is a position that you can play longtime at.

Draft (Currently sitting at the 5th position and this is how I see the top 5 playing out)
1. Kansas City - Geno Smith, QB WVU
2. Carolina - Star Lotulelei, DT Utah
-They need more of a run stuffer than a pass rusher as they are giving up over 5 ypc and draft Star who's battling Hankins head to head for the top DT prospect but both are top 5 prospects period.
3. Jacksonville - Damonte Moore, DE Texas A&M
4. Cleveland Browns - Bjoern Werner, DE Florida State
5. New Orleans - John Hankins, DT Ohio State
-Capable of playing both 3-4 NT like Ratliff/Raji or 4-3 DT and be a disruptive force in both the running game and passing game. He's got an elite first step and his strength and size makes him a formidable opponent in the running game as well though sometimes he's in the backfield so fast he literally runs past the play before it's started.

2nd From Cincinnati-Desmond Trufant, CB Washington
-He's not lighting up the stat sheets but it's because he's been playing on an island and shutting people down. He's a true man to man corner and has been having the Revis effect on his other teammates by being so effective on his own side.

3rd-Da'Rick Rogers, WR Tennessee Tech
-We need to improve our WR corps as they've been rather inconsistent and injury prone lately. Rogers is a top talent that can come in and produce for us.

4th-Jonathan Brown, OLB Illinois
-Adds more depth to OLB and he's just a football player, no other way to put it, and football players pan out more than athletes.

5th-Seantrel Henderson, OT Miami (FL)
-He's got the size and strength to be a true roadgrader at RT yet he has the feet and quickness to be a player at LT. He's been inconsistent at LT and has struggled against elite pass rushers, but he's a guy that can play both sides, but like Brown has had injury concerns.

6th-Reid Fragel, OT Ohio State
-This is my bias pick I'll admit, but our OT situation needs fixed with depth. Fragel is a converted TE playing his first year at RT. In typical Ohio State fashion prior to Meyer, Fragel was a punishing blocker with great feet so moving to OT was a great way for him to become an NFL draft pick. He will obviously need more experience at the position but he could end up on the left side when it's all said and done.

Offense:
QB-Drew Brees/Chase Daniels
RB-Pierre Thomas/Darren Sproles/Mark Ingram/Chris Ivory
FB-Jed Collins
TE-Jimmy Graham/David Thomas
WR-Marques Colston/Devery Henderson/Courtney Roby
WR-Lance Moore/Da'Rick Rogers
LT-Jermon Bushrod/Reid Fragel
LG-Ben Grubbs/Eric Olsen
C-Brian De La Puenta
RG-Jahri Evans
RT-Seantrel Henderson/Zach Strief

Defense:
LDE-Cameron Jordan/Junior Gallette
LDT-Akiem Hicks/Broderick Bunkley
RDT-Jonathan Hankins/Tom Johnson
RDE-Michael Johnson/Martez Wilson
OLB-Will Herring/Jonathan Brown
MLB-Curtis Lofton/Ramon Humber
OLB-David Hawthorne/Jonathan Casillas
CB-Jabari Greer/Desmond Trufant/Johnny Patrick
FS-Malcolm Jenkins/Isa Abdul-Quddus
SS-Kenny Phillips/Rafael Bush
CB-Patrick Robinson/Corey White

K-Garrett Hartley
P-Thomas Morstead

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: T-Raves Mock Offseason Reply with quote

1st... Frickin love how you have accepted the T-Raves name! Wink

I like the Mock for the most part... the one thing that stood out to me that I didn't like was Will Herring starting at OLB. I'd Perfer Chamberlin over Herring, Didn't see him on there though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Raves

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: T-Raves Mock Offseason Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
1st... Frickin love how you have accepted the T-Raves name! Wink

I like the Mock for the most part... the one thing that stood out to me that I didn't like was Will Herring starting at OLB. I'd Perfer Chamberlin over Herring, Didn't see him on there though...

Since he's on IR I forgot about him, more of an oversight than anything else.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we pass up Jarvis Jones I'll lose my mind. That guy is a playmaker, simple as that.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
If we pass up Jarvis Jones I'll lose my mind. That guy is a playmaker, simple as that.

Harp I couldn't agree more!!! I was just looking at that... I DO NOT CARE WHAT SCHEME HE"S PLAYING IN RIGHT NOW!!! If the Saints have a shot at Jarvis Jones they should take him and never look back!!!

This team has needs all over the defensive unit and ya could make a case for alot of prospects but Jones is a PLAYMAKER, He's a GAME CHANGER!!!

Not since Rickey & Pat have we had DAT!!!

Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Harp I couldn't agree more!!! I was just looking at that... I DO NOT CARE WHAT SCHEME HE"S PLAYING IN RIGHT NOW!!! If the Saints have a shot at Jarvis Jones they should take him and never look back!!!

This team has needs all over the defensive unit and ya could make a case for alot of prospects but Jones is a PLAYMAKER, He's a GAME CHANGER!!!

Exactly, and if the front office doesn't draft him because he's more of a 3-4 OLB I will freak. We can draft the pure 3-4 DE but not a guy who might actually...you know...fix our pass rushing issue? If we end up in the top 5 though, I think we have to make the move to the 3-4. Especially if JJ falls into our laps, we could probably transform our league worst defense into at the very least a serviceable defense if we landed Jarvis and switched to a 3-4.

DE - Cameron Jordan
NT - Brodrick Bunkley
DE - Akiem Hicks
OLB - Jarvis Jones
ILB - David Hawthorne
ILB - Curtis Lofton
OLB - Martez Wilson
CB - Patrick Robinson
FS - Malcolm Jenkins
SS - Roman Harper
CB - Jabari Greer

That looks like a VERY serviceable defense and thats without a single free agent addition. I'm all aboard the 3-4 train worm.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Raves

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Exactly, and if the front office doesn't draft him because he's more of a 3-4 OLB I will freak. We can draft the pure 3-4 DE but not a guy who might actually...you know...fix our pass rushing issue? If we end up in the top 5 though, I think we have to make the move to the 3-4. Especially if JJ falls into our laps, we could probably transform our league worst defense into at the very least a serviceable defense if we landed Jarvis and switched to a 3-4.

DE - Cameron Jordan
NT - Brodrick Bunkley
DE - Akiem Hicks
OLB - Jarvis Jones
ILB - David Hawthorne
ILB - Curtis Lofton
OLB - Martez Wilson
CB - Patrick Robinson
FS - Malcolm Jenkins
SS - Roman Harper
CB - Jabari Greer

That looks like a VERY serviceable defense and thats without a single free agent addition. I'm all aboard the 3-4 train worm.

Well does Jarvis Jones really fill the role better than Gallete and Wilson would together? Gallette as the pure pass rusher then Wilson as the hybrid rusher/coverage guy?

I just don't think as a 4-3 defense, with Spags as the DC, Jones should be the pick. I also think that Hankins and Werner are both better players in the long run than Jones.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis Jones is a better player than Gallette and Wilson combined. Jones IMO is a better prospect than Von Miller and we've all seen what he's doing in Denver, he's a much better prospect than John Hankins. Hankins doesn't use his hands well and isn't an elite pass rusher, and what we need more than ANYTHING is a pass rusher.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

DE - Cameron Jordan
NT - Brodrick Bunkley
DE - Akiem Hicks
OLB - Jarvis Jones
ILB - David Hawthorne
ILB - Curtis Lofton
OLB - Martez Wilson
CB - Patrick Robinson
FS - Malcolm Jenkins
SS - Roman Harper
CB - Jabari Greer

People are getting to caught up on Jones as a 34 OLB... THe dude is very much like Von Miller in terms of his athletic ability!!! This guy can cover (Way better than Shanle I'll tell ya that!!) he can rush and he can run defend. The Guy is a beast and can play in ANY defensive scheme in the NFL. Just because he's in a 34 at Georgia dosen't mean the guy can't play for us... Besides, hes the top defensive playmaker in the draft!

I could see a offseason under Spags like this with only one major addition...

New Orleans Saints Offseason Defensive Make Over:

Released, Traded and or Not Retained:
DT Sedrick Ellis, DT Tom Johnson, DE Will Smith, LB Jonathan Vilma, DE Turk McBride, LB Will Herring, LB Jonathan Casillas .

Free Agent Additions:
DE Osi Umenyiora, Giants (Gives Spags a true pass rushing threat and seamless fit into his defensive scheme. A leader for the young guys to follow.

NFL Draft:
Round 1 Jarvis Jones, Georgia (Gives Saints biggest defensive playmaker since Rickey Jackson.)
Round 3 William Gholston, Michigan State (Big physical specimen who spags can develop like Hicks)
Round 4 Shawn Williams, Georgia (Quality backup to Harper and rotational player)
Round 5 Anthony McCloud, Florida State (Stout run stuffing nose tackle to groom behind Bunkley)
Round 6 Tyrann Mathieu, Louisiana State (Saints take chance and provides corner depth and jions Jones as two of college footballs biggest defensive playmakers to join Saints)

Defensive Depth Chart:
LE Cam Jordan, William Gholston
NT Brodrick Bunkley, Anthony McCloud
DT Akiem Hicks, Tyrunn Walker
RE Osi Umenyiora, Junior Galette, Martez Wilson
SB David Hawthorne, Scott Shanle
MB Curtis Lofton, Ramon Humber
WB Jarvis Jones, Chris Chamberlin
CB Patrick Robinson, Corey White
SS Roman Harper, Shawn Williams
FS Malcolm Jenkins, Isa Abdual-Quddus
CB Jabari Greer, Johnny Patrick, Tyrann Mathieu

Last edited by whodatworm23 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:47 am; edited 3 times in total
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Jarvis Jones adds an incredible amount of talent to this defense, no matter what the scheme is.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Porter22

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like all the offseason moves, but please please no DT in the first. Give bunkley another chance, give Hicks a starting spot and play Cam Jordan more
as a UT!
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone think Glenn Dorsey could be worth going after? He was a monster in the 4-3 and I don't see him rejoining KC for next season. He was misused in KCs 3-4.

Robust Perry wrote:
They were the dirtiest organization in football

In reference to the Saints.
wow_junky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we draft top 5 I wouldn't be upset to see us trade down for a 2nd and take:

1st -Dee Milliner, CB
2nd - Margus Hunt, DE
3rd - Sean Porter, OLB
4th - Devine Taylor, DE
5th - Jarred Holley, FS
6th - Caleb Sturgis, K

A full revamp of the D!
Raves

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Jarvis Jones is a better player than Gallette and Wilson combined. Jones IMO is a better prospect than Von Miller and we've all seen what he's doing in Denver, he's a much better prospect than John Hankins. Hankins doesn't use his hands well and isn't an elite pass rusher, and what we need more than ANYTHING is a pass rusher.

Using your hands can be taught and its amazing how much pressure he can get without using them. Also if he's a better prospect than hankins why do pretty much all the sites have hankins over Jones? It's because hankins is the better prospect and he is definitely an elite pass rusher and he does it from the inside which is even bigger of a plus.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trufant and Rogers would be great picks for the Saints. They would fit in well there, and are both talented prospects for sure.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: