Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predict the Team's 2nd-Half Record
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ware94

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
ware94 wrote:
7-1, losing to the Steelers.

I will give you points for confidence. But with the Cowboys anything is possible. 7-1 is a tall order for anybody let alone the Champions of Inconsistency.

I just have a feeling we'll hit a stride in these next few weeks. Unlikely? Absolutely. I'm no homer, but the way they've played down to the wire against three division leaders with a combined 4 losses has to count for something.

The teams they've lost to have a combined record of 32-10.
NCAA- Auburn Tigers
SICKemROY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Boys will get themselves in contention heading into that steelers game. I don't know exactly how it will unfold, but I have a feeling this will be a huge game for us.

And I should mention that over the last several years the boys have not beat any formatable opponents from other divisions(Patriots, Steelers, Ravens) not that i can remember.

EDIT: I consider these teams perennial contenders
dahobofest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SICKemROY wrote:
The Boys will get themselves in contention heading into that steelers game. I don't know exactly how it will unfold, but I have a feeling this will be a huge game for us.

And I should mention that over the last several years the boys have not beat any formatable opponents from other divisions(Patriots, Steelers, Ravens) not that i can remember.

EDIT: I consider these teams perennial contenders

It's not just that, but the past two years, the Cowboys really haven't had any upset wins against good teams outside of the Giants game week 1. Those are the games that make it worthwhile to even watch the Cowboys... but we don't even get any of those. They beat the bad teams and lose to the good teams. I'd rather beat the good teams and lose to the bad teams, at least the wins would be more exciting.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Phil - W
Cleve- W
Wash - W
Phil-W
@ Cinn - L
Pitt - W
N.O. - W
@ Wash -?

This team has an impecable record in Nov. Seeing as how we squandered 3 games (Balt, NYG II and ATL) I see them making it up on the back half of the season. Murray will be back. Carter is proving to be a beast. Garrett is locking the owner out of meetings Applause , and we are home for most of our games where we have been an embaressment for most of the season. It's time we turned that around just to save face with our fan base.

As for all those of you that want to tank in order to obtain a higher pick, I say this. If you're going to go that route, don't fudge around with it, clean house! Trade Romo, Witten, Spears, Ratliff, Jenkins and stockpile picks now! If you're going to tank you may as well get everything you can for them while they still have trade value. Don't give me this "we can a high 1st and 2nd etc." crap. Sure we could, but if that's your mentality, go young and go long. Remove the aging vets, get a few 3rd's and 5th's, possibly a 2nd (Romo) and draft at those positions. Let the youth develop for 2 years, we will suck those years anyway thus giving us high picks for the next 2 years, and then by 2015, we will be dominant again.

Final 8 games, 6-1 with a ? at the end, gets you right where you live!
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7-1, sweeping both the skins and the Eagles. We avenge Pittsburgh for '08 but New Orleans gets us back for '09.

We tie with the giants for the division lead but win by virtue of the 5-1 division record.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
I'm going to hold off my prediction until next week.

After today's games, I'm predicting a 9-7 record. I think we win the next 3 games and split the last four games 2-2.

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which might be enough with the Giants loss today. @Atl and @Bal back to back is going to be tough for them after a likely loss to Green Bay.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Win today might jump start something, but I'm still going with a .500 second half.

@ Philly W
Cleveland W
Wash L
Philly W
@ Cincy W
Pitt L
NO L
@ Wash L

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Win today might jump start something, but I'm still going with a .500 second half.

@ Philly W
Cleveland W
Wash L
Philly W
@ Cincy W
Pitt L
NO L
@ Wash L

If Washington beats us in Dallas on thanksgiving, the cork soaker group may not want to log on for the following 10 days.

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
Northland

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
I'm going to hold off my prediction until next week.

After today's games, I'm predicting a 9-7 record. I think we win the next 3 games and split the last four games 2-2.

I kept saying 10 wins will be needed to make the playoffs, but with the way the Giants are playing 9-7 may take the NFL Least.

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. The 'Boys still commit way too many penalties and stupid mistakes (offside on a CB, twice?!) for me to hitch up to the Cowboys playoff wagon train. But take the win and get ready for the Browns.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

@ Philly W
Cleveland W
Wash L
Philly W
@ Cincy W
Pitt L
NO L
@ Wash L

If Washington beats us in Dallas on thanksgiving, the cork soaker group may not want to log on for the following 10 days.

LOL. Honestly, I think Dallas will win that game, but I have a hard time seeing this team reel off 4 in a row. Add to that, that RG3 is exactly the type of QB Dallas has had issues dealing with in the past and it only compounds my uncomfort with that game's outcome.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
Which might be enough with the Giants loss today. @Atl and @Bal back to back is going to be tough for them after a likely loss to Green Bay.

You're right. That may be enough for a one and done.

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

@ Philly W
Cleveland W
Wash L
Philly W
@ Cincy W
Pitt L
NO L
@ Wash L

LOL. Honestly, I think Dallas will win that game, but I have a hard time seeing this team reel off 4 in a row. Add to that, that RG3 is exactly the type of QB Dallas has had issues dealing with in the past and it only compounds my uncomfort with that game's outcome.

I agree that RGIiI, is the type of QB that absolutely gives us fits. We'd never hear the end of it from redskin fans either.

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
quiller

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleveland W
Wash W
Philly W
@ Cincy L
Pitt L
NO W
@ Wash W

I hope we don't fall flat Thanks day. ummm frankly IMO we always have played well against Vick type QB's... Carter/Ware and our safety play will be the Key here.

Unless a miracle happens and we find some offensive rhythm no way will we win at Cincy who plays great at home and good D, and beat Pitt who can play lights out D.

I also think it highly possible we could loose the last two, the NO game is tough on our D would need to play much better. We need Jenkins back here for sure. Then the Wash game might be meaningless on the road, rather we loose for better draft pick.
dahobofest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as how the Bears fans tookover Cowboys stadium, I'm afraid to see the Steelers playing in Dallas Shocked . The whole stadium is going to be yellow.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: