Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Game - Atlanta 19, Dallas 13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Not sure I can disagree. For all the talk of Jason reforming it, it hasn't appeared to change. A strong lack of accountability and tons of talk.

To be honest...most of the mistakes have been committed by guys not brought in by Garrett. It sure does seem like the guys he signed off on are doing their jobs (Bernadeuce aside).

Where do you get that Jason Garrett did not sign off on Dez or Felix or Free, or Cook, or Ogletree? Garrett was beside himself happy widen the cowboys drafted Felix and Dez.

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Not sure I can disagree. For all the talk of Jason reforming it, it hasn't appeared to change. A strong lack of accountability and tons of talk.

To be honest...most of the mistakes have been committed by guys not brought in by Garrett. It sure does seem like the guys he signed off on are doing their jobs (Bernadeuce aside).

Where do you get that Jason Garrett did not sign off on Dez or Felix or Free, or Cook, or Ogletree? Garrett was beside himself happy widen the cowboys drafted Felix and Dez.

Signed off on as Head Coach.

^^^mack
anthbes24

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoring 13 points... big problem.

Getting 0 turn overs... big problem.

Settling for FG's... big problem.

All in all... big problems.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runaway Jim wrote:
I think we all agree that it would be best for Jerry to step down as GM, but there's really not anything any of us can do to make that happen. So why should we dwell on it and whine about it endlessly?

If this were only true, the forum would be such a happier place to post. Unfortunately, it's not.

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Signed off on as Head Coach.

Do you really see a difference?

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
Runaway Jim

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Runaway Jim wrote:
I think we all agree that it would be best for Jerry to step down as GM, but there's really not anything any of us can do to make that happen. So why should we dwell on it and whine about it endlessly?

If this were only true, the forum would be such a happier place to post. Unfortunately, it's not.

Are you saying that there are people who want Jerry to stay on as GM? Who?

^daboyle250
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Runaway Jim wrote:

Sadly I think its more about people being tired of the same broken record being played then it is disagreeing with the message. I know I think Jerry is a poor GM but that wont change so I discuss the choice and decisions as they go. I don't think moving up for Claiborne as a bad decision more do I think taking Smith over Watt was or drafting Bruce and Sean with 2nd rRounders despite injuries or taking Murray in the third. I wish we had drafted more OL in mid rounds the last few years and the ones we did draft had panned out but some of that is on scouts, some on the player and some on Houck.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runaway Jim wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Runaway Jim wrote:

Are you saying that there are people who want Jerry to stay on as GM? Who?

Quite a few people actually. Just go back and look at the post draft offseason threads where several people repeatedly argued that jerry has been a great GM since 2003, that the team was loaded with talent and that the GM was not the problem. Others argued that Jerry isn't the problem because he's not really the GM. He only keeps that title as a figurehead.

If you really want to know names, I'd be happy to name names in PM.

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Runaway Jim wrote:

Sadly I think its more about people being tired of the same broken record being played then it is disagreeing with the message. I know I think Jerry is a poor GM but that wont change so I discuss the choice and decisions as they go. I don't think moving up for Claiborne as a bad decision more do I think taking Smith over Watt was or drafting Bruce and Sean with 2nd rRounders despite injuries or taking Murray in the third. I wish we had drafted more OL in mid rounds the last few years and the ones we did draft had panned out but some of that is on scouts, some on the player and some on Houck.

MH, if everybody agreed with the message, then why the factions in the forum? If what you are saying is true, wouldn't people just say, "yeah, Plan9, we know! Jerry is a horrible GM" instead of defending Jerry's every move? If everybody agreed that Jerry was a bad GM, would the word "apologist" ever be used?

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
HDsportsfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus christ this forum is going down the crapper.

Same 'ol BS, beating that horse to death. I;m by no means a "JJ as GM" supporter. But this is getting so old it really is bringing the forum down. Since we can't change it, can we just have one JJ as the GM bashing thread?

Please, for the love god, it's bad enough this team is frustrating beyond belief.
atran35

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"yeah, Plan9, we know! Jerry is a horrible GM"
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Runaway Jim wrote:

MH, if everybody agreed with the message, then why the factions in the forum? If what you are saying is true, wouldn't people just say, "yeah, Plan9, we know! Jerry is a horrible GM" instead of defending Jerry's every move? If everybody agreed that Jerry was a bad GM, would the word "apologist" ever be used?

Who here has ever said Jerry was a good GM? And debating specific moves doesn't make someone an apologist. Just because a select few people chose those words because they lacked the knowledge or skill to win their debate doesn't make those accused actual Jerruh-lovers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HDsportsfan wrote:
Jesus christ this forum is going down the crapper.

Same 'ol BS, beating that horse to death. I;m by no means a "JJ as GM" supporter. But this is getting so old it really is bringing the forum down. Since we can't change it, can we just have one JJ as the GM bashing thread?

Please, for the love god, it's bad enough this team is frustrating beyond belief.

Dude, when a team goes 6-10, 8-8 and 3-5... There's Gunna be some backlash against the GM and HC. And, unfortunately, the HC and GM are germane to pretty much EVERY thread about the cowboys. They tend to tie into EVEREyTHING.

But, I'll share with you a little secret... you don't have to read posts that don't interest you. Nobody will be offended if you choose to read certain posts not others.

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently

Last edited by The_Slamman on Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Runaway Jim

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
But, I'll share with you a little secret... you don't have to read posts that don't interest you. Nobody will be offended if you choose to read certain posts not others.

I use this little trick A LOT.

^daboyle250
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
So then, let's sum up MH's thoughts:

1. The offensive line is perfectly fine even though Romo has to run for his life on nearly every play.

2. Discipline is a problem, yet no one in the organization works to correct it.

3. The culture is a problem, yet he never insists that the man in charge of the culture do anything to correct it.

4. The secondary was clearly a bigger problem than keeping Romo health, since addressing the offensive line isn't a concern other than "discipline".

5. Just because our fool of a GM had no interest in drafting o-line, it supports the notion that we shouldn't have done it.

6. Even though we have a cultural problem, we should look to the Giants, Saints, Colts, Steelers, and Patriots - all teams with historically winning cultures over the last decade (or longer) - as the reasons to support ignoring the offensive line....even though nearly all of them have invested 1st and 2nd round draft picks in multiple years to try to improve their offensive lines.

In other words, you admit that we're totally inept at running a franchise successfully, yet you have no interest in changing that. Good to know.

No shock you can't comprehend my posts but you should really stop posts like this if you cant as its becoming sad.

1. I said it wasnt a great idea using first or second round picks on interior OL.

Thus saying that it's perfectly fine for Romo to run for his life on every play due to an unwillingness to invest the resources in players who will keep him healthy.

MaddHatter wrote:
The fact is, that the Cowboys invested in their OL with a Top 10 pick at LT and putting a first round pick at G is very rare and often a poor investment. Interior OL - some of the best in fact - are often found in the later rounds.

In other words, you see no value in the numerous top OGs and OCs who have entered the draft and were taken in the 1st and 2nd rounds because, according to you, they're poor investments. Meaning, investing in your QB's health is also a poor investment.

Quote:
2. What is this?

What is what? The lack of discipline? Hey, you mentioned it as the team's biggest problem. All I did was remind you that no one in the organization does anything to correct it.

MaddHatter wrote:
Biggest problem - to me - is obvious. Discipline - you can't lead the league in penalties, have WR's who don't know the playbook (Ogletree and Dez), and defenders whiffing on textbook tackles and expect to win.

Have we seen anyone work to correct these problems? No? I didn't think so.

Quote:
3. When did I suggest that?

Scroll up and read your own posts. You were the one who said that the team has a cultural problem.

MaddHatter wrote:
I would say yes - as well as a cultural issue

See?

Quote:
4. Wrong again - see 1 - and Romo has had elite stats with poor OL play but our team was consistently blowing leads because of poor secondary play. See 2011.

And what is more important? Keeping your QB healthy or a DB? As I have said numerous times, if the QB is most important position in all of sports, then protecting the QB is the second most important thing to do after getting the QB. Instead, you put protection of the QB behind a DB, even after we signed a CB to a $50 million deal. Your words, not mine:

MaddHatter wrote:
As for your hatred of our past drafts and the strategy used, let's remember - our secondary was one of the worst the last couple years, and our LBers were terrible and closing in on retirement.

Right, and our o-line has been an abomination for longer than any other area. Yet, one first round pick and a "5th round pick" were clearly perfectly sufficient for you, even though we've watched Romo make mistakes due to pressure and get seriously hurt many times over the years. By why worry about him when a CB will fix everything?

Quote:
5. More words I haven't said - I'm seeing a trend

You indeed said it. Go back and re-read your posts. You said that he wasn't going to do it anyway, so therefore, drafting a DB was the right move.

Here's the whole quote:

MaddHatter wrote:
As for your hatred of our past drafts and the strategy used, let's remember - our secondary was one of the worst the last couple years, and our LBers were terrible and closing in on retirement. We also had a terrible RB duo that never produced, our LT was a 5th round pick, and we had aging and no-name WR's. Jerry/Jason/Stephen have since drafted one of the elite ILB duo's (Bruce Carter/Sean Lee), a very high potential CB having a solid rookie season when most are known as "burnt toast" (Mo Clai), a great RB (DeMarco Murray), an elite LT prospect (Smith) and an extremely talented WR (Dez Bryant). And that doesn't even touch on some of the other great finds they've gotten the last few years.

In other words, because we drafted other positions well, we had no reason to draft o-line.

Quote:
6. Were they first and seconds on INTERIOR OL prior to winning their SBs?

Yes. I'll give you a list of every o-lineman - interior or exterior - who was selected in the first three round since the 2002 season. (Champions only)

To make you feel better, I'll bold the interior linemen.

2002 Tampa Bay Bucs: RG Casey Coleman - 2nd Round
2002 Tampa Bay Bucs: LT Roman Oben - 3rd Round
2002 Tampa Bay Bucs: RT Kenyatta Walker - 1st Round
2003 New England Patriots: LT Matt Light - 2nd Round
2004 New England Patriots: LG Logan Mankins - 1st Round - EDIT: Mankins was the 2005 draft
2004 New England Patriots: LT Nick Kaczur - 3rd Round
2005 Pittsburgh Steelers: LT Marvel Smith - 2nd Round
2005 Pittsburgh Steelers: LG Alan Faneca - 1st Round
2005 Pittsburgh Steelers: C Jeff Hartings - 1st Round
2005 Pittsburgh Steelers: RG Kendall Simmons - 1st Round

2005 Pittsburgh Steelers: RT Max Starks - 3rd Round
2006 Indianapolis Colts: LT Tony Ugoh - 2nd Round
2007 New York Giants: RG Chris Snee - 2nd Round
2007 New York Giants: RT Kareem McKenzie - 3rd Round
2008 Pittsburgh Steelers: RT Max Starks - 3rd Round
2008 Pittsburgh Steelers: RG Trai Essex - 3rd Round
2009 New Orleans Saints: RT John Stinchcomb - 2nd Round
2010 Green Bay Packers: LT Chad Clifton - 2nd Round
2010 Green Bay Packers: LG Daryn Colledge - 2nd Round
2010 Green Bay Packers: RT Bryan Bulaga - 1st Round
2011 New York Giants: LT William Beatty - 2nd Round
2011 New York Giants: C David Baas - 2nd Round
2011 New York Giants: RG Chris Snee - 2nd Round

2011 New York Giants: RT Kareem McKenzie - 3rd Round

Do you also need a list of the losing teams' rosters, too? Or have you rammed your foot far enough down your throat?

Quote:
Standard Plan OP - put words in peoples mouths then bash them for it. Such a waste of a poster

Yep, that's me alright. A man who just ignores facts, makes totally unsubstantiated claims which couldn't possibly be refuted. Especially about the notion of taking o-line.

Again MH, don't make statements unless you know they're accurate. Yet, you still try this silliness. Just stop.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.

Last edited by plan9misfit on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: