Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Game - Atlanta 19, Dallas 13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runaway Jim

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6jT3Q3gyvs

oh no! you guys woke up the baby.

The_Slamman wrote:
RJ is officially the Champion
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wont even bother responding to that ridiculous dribble you posted Plan but Great fact checking there Plan... like Mankins being in the 05 draft making it hard to be on the 2004 Championship team.

Keep working on it - some day you will live up to your potential...

Sig courtesy of mack.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Wont even bother responding to that ridiculous dribble you posted Plan but Great fact checking there Plan... like Mankins being in the 05 draft making it hard to be on the 2004 Championship team.

Keep working on it - some day you will live up to your potential...

So I made a mistake on Mankins because I looked at the wrong year. How does that change the rest of that list?

Come to think of it, how is it not relevant since they went to additional Super Bowls (even though they lost) with him as the starter?

You asked for guys who made it to Super Bowl teams. I provided a long list. And you still run your mouth.

MH, read the rest. You rammed your foot down your throat with nearly every post. AND I QUOTED YOU.

So just be quiet.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You posted a ton of nonsense that either put words in my mouth thar were never said, or at best tried to infer it when it wasn't said or implied. You continue to grasp at those straws bud - maybe it'll work out for you someday. I mean that HOF nod is so close if you keep this up Laughing

Sig courtesy of mack.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
You posted a ton of nonsense that either put words in my mouth thar were never said, or at best tried to infer it when it wasn't said or implied. You continue to grasp at those straws bud - maybe it'll work out for you someday.

It's not grasping at straws when I directly quote you, MH. So unless your posts are pure drivel or aren't saying what you meant, directly quoting you is as indicting as you can get. You said it. I called you on it. You got angry.

The fact is this: there are things called unintended consequences. By not taking actions, you are indeed taking actions. By not making certain decisions is actually making decisions. You clearly can't make those associations. Yet you did those very things.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Thus saying that it's perfectly fine for Romo to run for his life on every play due to an unwillingness to invest the resources in players who will keep him healthy.

So no great OL player has ever been drafted after the 2nd round? So I guess when we had 2 first round picks and 2 second round pick on our OL, you were ecstatic and had no complaints whatsoever? Rolling Eyes

Quote:
In other words, you see no value in the numerous top OGs and OCs who have entered the draft and were taken in the 1st and 2nd rounds because, according to you, they're poor investments. Meaning, investing in your QB's health is also a poor investment.

More twisting of words and inferring things that were neither said nor implied. You can protect your QB without spending a Top 15 pick on a G and a Top 50 pick on a C.

Quote:
What is what? The lack of discipline? Hey, you mentioned it as the team's biggest problem. All I did was remind you that no one in the organization does anything to correct it.

Have we seen anyone work to correct these problems? No? I didn't think so.

And how is that even relevant? And how would we know if Jason is trying to correct it and Dez is just too stupid, or that Callahan is working on it and the decrease in penalties lately is a sign of that? You don't - but again you think you know all and are never wrong.

Quote:
Scroll up and read your own posts. You were the one who said that the team has a cultural problem.

See?

I did say there was a culture problem however me not "insisting" that the man in charge of the culture do anything to correct it is the part I'm referring to. How would you prefer I "insist"? By posting a message on a forum that the man in charge will never read? Or should I send hate mail to the Big House? Perhaps I should go stand down at Valley Ranch and picket... Rolling Eyes

Quote:
And what is more important? Keeping your QB healthy or a DB? As I have said numerous times, if the QB is most important position in all of sports, then protecting the QB is the second most important thing to do after getting the QB.
And again, you can protect a QB without destroying the rest of your team. What good is a healthy QB if your D can't hold a lead and is one of the worst at defending the pass?

Quote:
Instead, you put protection of the QB behind a DB, even after we signed a CB to a $50 million deal. Your words, not mine

My words don't imply that at all - they simply show that despite your hate for Jerry and the rest of the Front Office, they have methodically fixed numerous points of this team that needed fixing (LB, WR, RB, DB, etc) and have a very strong draft history as of late. You finding the one weak point they haven't fixed yet and latching on to it for dear life because you have little else to do in life doesn't change those facts. Have they ignored the OL? Some - Should they have invested more mid round picks over the years? I think so - Would it be nice if the ones they did invest had panned out more like Doug Free than James Martin? Absolutely

Quote:
Right, and our o-line has been an abomination for longer than any other area. Yet, one first round pick and a "5th round pick" were clearly perfectly sufficient for you, even though we've watched Romo make mistakes due to pressure and get seriously hurt many times over the years. By why worry about him when a CB will fix everything?

Really? So when we had 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders starting our ol was an abomination? But I thought high draft round picks were how you protect your QB.

Quote:
You said that he wasn't going to do it anyway, so therefore, drafting a DB was the right move.

Here's the whole quote:

MaddHatter wrote:
As for your hatred of our past drafts and the strategy used, let's remember - our secondary was one of the worst the last couple years, and our LBers were terrible and closing in on retirement. We also had a terrible RB duo that never produced, our LT was a 5th round pick, and we had aging and no-name WR's. Jerry/Jason/Stephen have since drafted one of the elite ILB duo's (Bruce Carter/Sean Lee), a very high potential CB having a solid rookie season when most are known as "burnt toast" (Mo Clai), a great RB (DeMarco Murray), an elite LT prospect (Smith) and an extremely talented WR (Dez Bryant). And that doesn't even touch on some of the other great finds they've gotten the last few years.

In other words, because we drafted other positions well, we had no reason to draft o-line.

Perhaps you should re-read my quotes before you post - what you say I siad is no where to be found and what I said does not imply that we had no reason to draft OL and the quote itself wasn't in reference to that in the first place. Your lack of reading comprehension is truly starting to show.

Quote:

2002 Tampa Bay Bucs: 1
2003 New England Patriots: None
2004 New England Patriots: None
2005 Pittsburgh Steelers: 2
2006 Indianapolis Colts: None
2007 New York Giants: 1
2008 Pitsburgh Steelers: None
2009 New Orleans Saints: None
2010 Green Bay Packers: None
2011 New York Giants: 1

Funny how you can't even get your facts straight - see above for the ACTUAL number of interior OL players a team drafted in the first two rounds prior to winning a super bowl.

Sig courtesy of mack.

Last edited by MaddHatter on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
htfryar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MH, stop feeding the trolls. You are just giving them exactly what they want.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
matt79511

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think Dallas has invested adequate resources into their OL over the last two years (9th overall pick on Smith, lots of cash on Free, Livings, and Burnindeuce)- the investments just haven't all paid off.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
I still think Dallas has invested adequate resources into their OL over the last two years (9th overall pick on Smith, lots of cash on Free, Livings, and Burnindeuce)- the investments just haven't all paid off.

Since 2002 we have invested the following draft picks into our OL:
Andre Gurode (2nd)
Tyson Walker (6th)
Al Johnson (2nd)
Justin Bates (7th)
Jacob Rogers (2nd)
Stephen Peterman (3rd)
Rob Petitti (6th)
Pat McQuistan (7th)
EJ Whitley (7th)
James Marten (3rd)
Doug Free (5th)
Robert Brewster (3rd)
Sam Young (6th)
Tyron Smith (1st)
David Arkin (4th)
Bill Nagy (7th)

That's 7 "premium" picks and 16 total picks invested in the OL in the last 10 years - but some seem to think we ignore the trenches. And that's ignoring we had a franchise LT we spent a 2nd on in 98 that manned the position till 2009. Then there were the signings of former 1st round picks Leonard Davis, Marc Columbo and picking up Kyle Kosier who became the brains of our OL for the next 5 years. Had our OL Scouts been better, or Houck and the development team been better, perhaps our OL would be the least of our problems right now. It is what it is though

Sig courtesy of mack.
dahobofest

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the biggest problem with the line was Hudson Houck. Now the same thing is happening with Decamillis. The line was noticeably atrocious the entire duration of Houck's control and he finally left. Special teams has been terrible the entire duration as well. Why hasn't Joe just told his returners to take a knee on kickoffs, they start within the 15 yard line consistently. How much longer will this clown have a job?
htfryar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
I think the biggest problem with the line was Hudson Houck. Now the same thing is happening with Decamillis. The line was noticeably atrocious the entire duration of Houck's control and he finally left. Special teams has been terrible the entire duration as well. Why hasn't Joe just told his returners to take a knee on kickoffs, they start within the 15 yard line consistently. How much longer will this clown have a job?

Returners think of themselves as playmakers. Naturally, they are going to think "this is the one I take to the house" on almost every oppurtunity.

As for Joe keeping his job. After the whole broken neck thing, he pretty much has tenure.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
quiller

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting thread.

And for the record I thought Romo had as bad a game as I have seen in a long time, sure he didn't try and force too many passes but he constantly missed open receivers all game long.

I am very down on Garrett have been sense Jones gave him that expensive extension a long time ago. I still think there should be no excuse for the ineptness that was the end of the baltimore game especially after that was almost a repeat of last years AZ game which he got a free pass for.

I also though Our D was not good against ATL.

Still going foward quick fixes.

WE NEED A HEALTHY MURRAY

or change to a quick passing offense

and how anyone an think its a cup cake schedule with 4 possible losses out of 7 games PITTS< NO < Philly (they find a way to loose, only we will just work harder at it) < WASH we almost never sweep them period. AND the cleveland game if at Clev, haven't checked will be hard if there is weather.

EDIT:

about our OL verses ATL... some times you just have to use the eye test.. how many times did we blitz compared to ATL. I saw us blitz a lot more... ATL hardly blitzed yet I never saw Romo rarely have any time in the pocket to set up go through his progressions. sure we got some sacks from blitz's but unless we blitzed we never were close while ATL made Romo move regularly in the pocket with a standard rush.
DaGarun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey quiller, stop with all that post-game analysis crap! This is a thread about obscure, Super Bowl-participating interior linemen. Didn't you read the thread title? Jeez... :smh:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Browns game is in Dallas, shouldn't be a weather issue and the Cowboys certainly win this game.. if not then JG is in a world of trouble regardless of what JJ is telling the PRESS.

The whole issue I have with the easy schedule mantra is that easy games are only easy for good teams not 3-5 teams. Don't you think the Browns and Saints fans are looking at the Cowboys game thinking, we could/should win that one?? Shocked
dahobofest

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mco65 wrote:
The Browns game is in Dallas, shouldn't be a weather issue and the Cowboys certainly win this game.. if not then JG is in a world of trouble regardless of what JJ is telling the PRESS.

The whole issue I have with the easy schedule mantra is that easy games are only easy for good teams not 3-5 teams. Don't you think the Browns and Saints fans are looking at the Cowboys game thinking, we could/should win that one?? Shocked

No, not really. While I don't think there are any easy games and anyone can beat anyone, it's the same way the Cowboys look at the Saints. They don't have a great record but you don't think it's an easy game...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: