Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Game - Atlanta 19, Dallas 13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
I couldn't say it in the last thread, you locked it. but our schedule IS a cake walk from here. its inarguable... not sure how you disagree. we play, what?.. 1 team with a winning record in the next 8 games? 7 losers, most at home... its a cakewalk.

I still think we screw it up though

I don't think Philly or Washington will be easy opponents. Philly still has a lot of talent, but they're as dysfunctional as the Cowboys. Washington will be tough - they always play the Boys tough. That said, I think the Boys split the four games against these two teams.

Cleveland has played hard this year despite their 7 losses. They almost pulled off the upset against Baltimore today. They won't be an easy opponent, but still should still be a Boys win.

Not sure what to think about New Orleans. Brees has found his rhythm, but their defence still sucks.

Pittsburgh, indeed, is the toughest opponent left on the schedule. Playing at Cincinnati in December will also be a tough game, especially if the Boys still don't have a running game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
I couldn't say it in the last thread, you locked it. but our schedule IS a cake walk from here. its inarguable... not sure how you disagree. we play, what?.. 1 team with a winning record in the next 8 games? 7 losers, most at home... its a cakewalk.

For some reason I don't see Cleveland as a cakewalk at all, neither do I see Washington or Philly, or Pittsburgh (who beat the Gmen) so I don't follow you at all.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Rtnldave

Shockey1979 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Because you were not reading what I was saying. Which is nothing new.

In a nutshell you claimed the pressure was on the Giants because falling to 1-3 in the division was essentially a "death nail" for winning the division. Correct?

My rebuttal was if the Cowboys lost against the Gmen they fall to 3-4 and then have to travel to Atlanta and ending up 3-5. Now I'm seeing "season over" post which ratifies what I stated.

Even if the Giants had lost last week, plus the loss this week. They are 5-4 and still a game up on the Cowboys. I think it's obvious the game last week mattered more to the Cowboys playoff hopes then the Giants.

Who the he!! Cares!? Yeah, yeah go back to NY you troll!
atran35

The offense sucked again. This is all on the Offensive Coordinator who happens to the Head Coach. The General Manager who happens to be the Owner needs to sit down with Jason Garrett ASAP. If Romo could produce a TD within 2 minutes by himself then it's time to get a new OC. If JG doesn't agree then he should be FIRED.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
Winners and Losers in life. Gues what our team is?

We get it. They're losers.

Applause
Rtnldave

atran35 wrote:
The offense sucked again. This is all on the Offensive Coordinator who happens to the Head Coach. The General Manager who happens to be the Owner needs to sit down with Jason Garrett ASAP. If Romo could produce a TD within 2 minutes by himself then it's time to get a new OC. If JG doesn't agree then he should be FIRED.

I like this!
DKDALfan

Tony7188 wrote:
We need a new QB. That is the only reason I can find as to why Jason Garrett plays so safe with his playcalling. He doesn't trust Tony Romo, and I don't blame him.

Only problem is, who in this draft that is coming out is elite?

Rolling Eyes God, Cowboys fans..

as I see it, Garrett doesnt trust Romo enough. look on how we do when we are in a hurry up mode and Romo is calling the shots?

as long as our o line can't run block, he should let Romo do what he does.. For me, it seems like Romo knows what the offence can do better. If it's because he runs simpler plays or anything where our recievers doenst have to read and react as much, I don't know.. But it might be that, that he is calling simple, foolproof plays.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

In a nutshell you claimed the pressure was on the Giants because falling to 1-3 in the division was essentially a "death nail" for winning the division. Correct?

No. Because you ignored the word that came before it. And all my posts that surrounded it.
Quote:

My rebuttal was if the Cowboys lost against the Gmen they fall to 3-4 and then have to travel to Atlanta and ending up 3-5. Now I'm seeing "season over" post which ratifies what I stated.

Hooray. You still ignored that there are more than two teams in this division. AND Me saying it's a critical game for the Giants =/= its not important for Dallas. Which was a concept difficult for you to grasp.

Quote:
Even if the Giants had lost last week, plus the loss this week. They are 5-4 and still a game up on the Cowboys. I think it's obvious the game last week mattered more to the Cowboys playoff hopes then the Giants.

Right. But you would have been 1-3 in the Division and would have been swept by the Cowboys.

Now, we have already had this dance once. I am tired of cluttering up the thread. Feel free to PM me if you want to continue. I will not respond to you in this thread again. Since, you know, the Giants have nothing to do with the Cowboys playing the Falcons.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
BloodOps

Rtnldave wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Who the he!! Cares!? Yeah, yeah go back to NY you troll!

Stop.
Desperado82

Yup...because yet another coaching change is going to help this team...

^^^mack
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

Well, the current coach isn't exactly getting results. It's not like the team could get much worse.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
We need a new QB. That is the only reason I can find as to why Jason Garrett plays so safe with his playcalling. He doesn't trust Tony Romo, and I don't blame him.

Only problem is, who in this draft that is coming out is elite?

Rolling Eyes God, Cowboys fans..

as I see it, Garrett doesnt trust Romo enough. look on how we do when we are in a hurry up mode and Romo is calling the shots?

as long as our o line can't run block, he should let Romo do what he does.. For me, it seems like Romo knows what the offence can do better. If it's because he runs simpler plays or anything where our recievers doenst have to read and react as much, I don't know.. But it might be that, that he is calling simple, foolproof plays.

Umm, I think that's what I just said. Jason Garrett doesn't TRUST Tony Romo enough. So we need a new QB or a new HC before something really changes. One or the other

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Matts4313

TheStarStillShines wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

I don't think Philly or Washington will be easy opponents. Philly still has a lot of talent, but they're as dysfunctional as the Cowboys. Washington will be tough - they always play the Boys tough. That said, I think the Boys split the four games against these two teams.

Cleveland has played hard this year despite their 7 losses. They almost pulled off the upset against Baltimore today. They won't be an easy opponent, but still should still be a Boys win.

Not sure what to think about New Orleans. Brees has found his rhythm, but their defence still sucks.

Pittsburgh, indeed, is the toughest opponent left on the schedule. Playing at Cincinnati in December will also be a tough game, especially if the Boys still don't have a running game.

have you watched much of these teams?? I get it if you are just going off records, but Philly has been a bottom 4 team in the NFL all season long. They are worse than browns... they are the Jags.

Skins have one of the worst defenses in the NFL. They live and die by the rookie qb.

Both teams are putrid and we should very, VERY easily sweep them.

you are right, we will likely split. Though the schedule is cake walk.

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
The_Slamman

Before I get accused of being a pessimist... I do want to point out that some good did come out of tonight's game...

See about a month ago, acowboys62 was about 800 posts ahead of me in our race to 10K. After tonight I actually passed his post count. That's me. Always looking at the bright side.

MaddHatter

TheStarStillShines wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Well, the current coach isn't exactly getting results. It's not like the team could get much worse.

Unless we can snag Payton, who is better?

Sig courtesy of mack.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: