Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10: VIKINGS (5-4) vs. Lions (4-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
Klomp wrote:
People were saying before this week that his dating her was affecting his play on the field.

They were probably joking around because that's ludicrous.

Ludicrous or not, it's what some people were saying. And they weren't joking either.

From earlier in the week:

Quote:
In lieu of Ponder's recent struggles, fans have been offering diagnoses of their own saying that Ponder has fallen in line with other prominent NFL quarterbacks that found a high profile girlfriend and saw their on-field production tumble (Tony Romo, Mark Sanchez, Matt Leinart). No surprise, when asked about this, Ponder denied it.

"[Samantha] has nothing to do with it," Ponder told KFAN's Paul Allen. "We've been dating since the beginning of the season so she had also to do with the five wins. It has really nothing to do with anything on the football field."

Steele, a College Football/Basketball sideline reporter for ESPN, is obviously pretty busy with her own career during the football season, so the idea of a "normal", high intensity relationship is unlikely at this time. This was an observation that Ponder also noted.

"She's a huge football fan," Ponder said of Steele. "She understands the game and understands the commitment to the game and commitment to work. She's the one who pushes me to do better at my job."

Read more: http://www.kfan.com/pages/vikingsblog.html?article=10552975#ixzz2BzHgpV9M
Shorty McFast

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Ludicrous or not, it's what some people were saying. And they weren't joking either.

I just don't think he should have went there with his remarks today. Now if he starts to struggle the issue will continue to fester.

He's young so he's going to have ups and downs. Don't argue with the fans because it's a waste of time and a losing battle.
TearsOfPurple

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shorty McFast wrote:
Klomp wrote:

I just don't think he should have went there with his remarks today. Now if he starts to struggle the issue will continue to fester.

He's young so he's going to have ups and downs. Don't argue with the fans because it's a waste of time and a losing battle.

How is he arguing? It's called tongue-in-cheek....

Bridgewater's response to "Teddy Time"
Quote:
Itís not [nice], Iím still the young guy here and I still have a lot to prove and I still have a lot to work for.
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judge for yourselves

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Ponder_Presser_Lions_Postgame/a57f04ae-5ca3-4c26-89ce-f38d5446b658

The comment comes shortly after the 1:00 mark of the video.
Nbanflguy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Judge for yourselves

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Ponder_Presser_Lions_Postgame/a57f04ae-5ca3-4c26-89ce-f38d5446b658

The comment comes shortly after the 1:00 mark of the video.

I think that was hilarious. Just having some fun with the fans and media. Makes me like him more
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Robb_K wrote:
On hindsight, he should have knocked it to the ground, but he thought he might be able to find an open receiver.

That would've been even worse. Can't throw two forward passes on the same play.

Yup, was just about to say that. That must have been an odd occurrence to witness. I believe something similar happened with Andy Dalton a few weeks back, against the Browns if I remember correctly. He threw it forward and was immediately flagged.

Peppers90 on the sig.
Robb_K

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Robb_K wrote:
On hindsight, he should have knocked it to the ground, but he thought he might be able to find an open receiver.

That would've been even worse. Can't throw two forward passes on the same play.

I guess I'm wrong then. He must have thought he could find a running lane. I doubt that Ponder is ignorant of that important rule. I'd temporarily forgotten about that rule because I'm 68 years old (haven't played the game for a long time) and a much bigger hockey fan than football fan.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shorty McFast wrote:
Klomp wrote:

I am leaning toward this, as well, because I don't find bringing her up particularly tasteful. Just let it rest. A few fans here and there may have gone out of their way to make a silly comment about it but it shouldn't compel you to respond in kind when you're the starting QB of a pro football team. There's just no need for it.

Peppers90 on the sig.
Shorty McFast

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TearsOfPurple wrote:
How is he arguing? It's called tongue-in-cheek....

Regardless of the terminology, I just think it's a bad idea to banter with the fanbase.
Shorty McFast

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: the Ponder to Ponder pass

I'm not sure but I "think" (off the top of my unreliable head) the last Viking QB to complete a pass to himself was Brad Johnson (FSU QB's FTW!) but Brad turned his into a TD.
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
A few fans here and there may have gone out of their way to make a silly comment about it but it shouldn't compel you to respond in kind when you're the starting QB of a pro football team. There's just no need for it.

Enough fans talked about it that made media talk about it, which made media ask him about the relationship earlier this week. If its big enough that media members are bringing it up in interviews, why isn't it big enough for him to make a comment?
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shorty McFast wrote:
Re: the Ponder to Ponder pass

I'm not sure but I "think" (off the top of my unreliable head) the last Viking QB to complete a pass to himself was Brad Johnson (FSU QB's FTW!) but Brad turned his into a TD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zqNG3tl7Aw
Captain Viking

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
Shorty McFast wrote:
Klomp wrote:

I am leaning toward this, as well, because I don't find bringing her up particularly tasteful. Just let it rest. A few fans here and there may have gone out of their way to make a silly comment about it but it shouldn't compel you to respond in kind when you're the starting QB of a pro football team. There's just no need for it.
you're looking way too much into this. Its no different then Rodgers responding to critics. If ignorant fans think that ponders girlfriend is anyway hindering him on the field then that's their prerogative. And if ponder chooses to respond that's his choice. Neither is going to make or break him, if anyone thinks otherwise they need to get a clue.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
One thing that I thing went on unnoticed today was that fact that we used a lot more spread packages than usual. Musgrave often had 4 receivers split out wide rather than the two split WR's and two inline TE's we typically see. There are more options for Ponder when we spread out the receivers, and he actually progressed through his reads today.

Less play-action as well, giving Ponder more time to read the defense, instead of turning his back.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeez, now we waste time discussing our QB's facial expressions and girlfriends? what are we, Packer fans??

Laughing

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?

Last edited by vike daddy on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 44 of 46

Jump to: