Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10: VIKINGS (5-4) vs. Lions (4-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do seem worse with Simpson in there, but I think that is coincidence, not causation. Also, the defense is a lot worse since Cook went down. The defensive play is very worrisome to me. They should be better than this, especially the dline. I have very little confidence, I would say 10 percent likely they win.
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
They do seem worse with Simpson in there, but I think that is coincidence, not causation. Also, the defense is a lot worse since Cook went down. The defensive play is very worrisome to me. They should be better than this, especially the dline. I have very little confidence, I would say 10 percent likely they win.

We do find some common ground here, as I am far more concerned about the defense than I am in Ponder. While Ponder certainly is not helping himself, the defense is really weak up the middle. But, I think that plays to the advantage of the Vikings this next weekend, because the Lions have no one who has any running ability. I think it'll be a close game, but the Vikings, playing at home, I think, can turn it around and sweep the Lions.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
Mossburg wrote:

Honestly, I think we lose out the the rest of the season. I don't see a single win left on the schedule, unless there are insane improvements.

That's a bit pessimistic. There are things that the team is doing wrong on both sides of the ball that are fixable. Maybe not fixable to the extent that they will be better than 2-5 the rest of the way, but I do expect them to play better than they have been.

Look at the remaining schedule. How many wins you see there? Next week is the best chance. The Rams game maybe, but IMO the Rams are underrated and it's on the road. Unless the Packers are resting their starters week 17, I don't see a win.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
milanb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:

Look at the remaining schedule. How many wins you see there? Next week is the best chance. The Rams game maybe, but IMO the Rams are underrated and it's on the road. Unless the Packers are resting their starters week 17, it's going to be very messy.

It's the NFL. The gap between the best and worst teams is not that great.

Over a seven-game period I can easily imagine the Vikings having two or three games where they show up to play and the other team does not.

Who would have thought that the Vikings would beat the 49ers so handily earlier in the season?

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. ó Ecclesiastes 9:11

But thatís the way to bet. ó Jimmy The Greek
Mossburg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
Mossburg wrote:

Look at the remaining schedule. How many wins you see there? Next week is the best chance. The Rams game maybe, but IMO the Rams are underrated and it's on the road. Unless the Packers are resting their starters week 17, it's going to be very messy.

It's the NFL. The gap between the best and worst teams is not that great.

Over a seven-game period I can easily imagine the Vikings having two or three games where they show up to play and the other team does not.

Who would have thought that the Vikings would beat the 49ers so handily earlier in the season?

At the point the team developed some confidence with early success. That was the best game played since 2009, yea, but now the team is regressing in all phases. 5 of the next 7 teams are good enough to win by just showing up. The Niners game is pretty much an outlier by now. Yea, if we put together a performance like that then we can beat anyone, but it's highly unlikely.

rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run, Run, Run, Run... I only want Ponder to have 10-12 passing attempts this game and half of them should be screens of some kind.
perrynoid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Run, Run, Run, Run... I only want Ponder to have 10-12 passing attempts this game and half of them should be screens of some kind.

In other words, become a version of the 2011 Broncos?
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
Look at the remaining schedule. How many wins you see there? Next week is the best chance. The Rams game maybe, but IMO the Rams are underrated and it's on the road. Unless the Packers are resting their starters week 17, I don't see a win.

The Panthers won in DC after looking like one of the worst teams in the NFL for most of the season and having a QB whose confidence has been shaken more than Ponder.

As milan stated, the gap between best and worst is not all that far. There is no question that the Vikings are down confidence-wise right now. But, a win going into the bye might help, because it's certainly going to be a tough road down the stretch, but I wouldn't count them out of any game, especially ones within the division.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, the only way I see us winning is if Ponder steps it up.

This team is in such a slump. It feels like 2011 all over again.

I'm not giving up on the team yet, but this is a very challenging game.

and I'm done with predicting the score, even though I get pretty close every time.

Ponder doesn't play horri-bad

For the first time in a month, we hold a single player under 100 yards rushing.

Lets go!

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Mossburg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Mossburg wrote:

The Panthers won in DC after looking like one of the worst teams in the NFL for most of the season and having a QB whose confidence has been shaken more than Ponder.

As milan stated, the gap between best and worst is not all that far. There is no question that the Vikings are down confidence-wise right now. But, a win going into the bye might help, because it's certainly going to be a tough road down the stretch, but I wouldn't count them out of any game, especially ones within the division.

The Panthers have been in most of their games, just not finishing them. They're bad, but their QB still makes plays. Also, winning in DC is not exactly some kind of accomplishment worth touting. They almost beat Chicago the week before, that was more impressive. We don't have any games left of that kind of difficulty (lack of that is), outside maybe the Rams.

That Tampa loss was really crushing.

PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

This alone says so much about Ponder. What confidence do we have in our starting QB? We want to limit his impact on the game so much that we want him to be virtually nonexistent, so that he does not get in the way of the actual playmakers on the team? That is such a sorry state of affairs. A QB like that is not worth it at all.

Peppers90 on the sig.
[UMN]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pioneer Press ‏@VikingsNow
Percy Harvin's ankle is sprained in three different spots. Came into locker room on crutches. Not ruling himself out for Sun., but not good.

Pioneer Press ‏@VikingsNow
Percy Harvin on severely sprained ankle and Sunday's status:"Weíve got a lot of work to do. Itís a long shot but Iím not ruling myself out."
[UMN]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detriot Lions: 27
Adrian Peterson: 14
Minnesota Vikings: 2
Nozizaki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroit's defense is still bad, if we can just simply return to what brought us success early on, I think we win. Maybe being without Harvin a week could be a good thing, less tight on coverage.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nozizaki wrote:
Detroit's defense is still bad, if we can just simply return to what brought us success early on, I think we win. Maybe being without Harvin a week could be a good thing, less tight on coverage.

Harvin's impact on the offense has steadily been on the decline, might give Simpson and Rudolph a better chance to get involved.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 2 of 46

Jump to: