Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ta'amu waived. Should we claim?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Ta'amu waived. Should we claim? Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/general/blog/nfl-rapidreports/20954712/steelers-release-nt-alameda-taamu

Quote:
The Steelers late Monday afternoon released nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu four days after he apologized and waived his right to a hearing on multiple charges involving DUI, aggravated assault by vehicle and 16 other felony, misdemeanor and summary offenses for which he faces a Dec. 31 arraignment.

I have a feeling the Colts will sign him, they need a NT to develop. If they don't, the Other teams in front of us could. If he's sitting there for us to claim though, I hope we do it. He has talent, he just made bad mistake and needs to be developed.

I really wish we'd sign Routt also. We need CBs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
multiple charges involving DUI, aggravated assault by vehicle and 16 other felony, misdemeanor and summary offenses

or 16+ mistakes lol. He probably will get some time....

Rather use our resources and energy on someone who has a better chance of playing. We already have T Jackson, with Davis and TW one strike away....
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd sign him and Routt Cool

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Quote:
multiple charges involving DUI, aggravated assault by vehicle and 16 other felony, misdemeanor and summary offenses

Rather use our resources and energy on someone who has a better chance of playing. We already have T Jackson, with Davis and TW one strike away....
what resources? We wouldn't have to give up a pick for him, would we?

I think he's available for anyone to sign. I'd sign him put him on the roster and move Worthington back to the practice squad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
I'd sign him and Routt Cool
Deal .
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
Quote:

what resources? We wouldn't have to give up a pick for him, would we?

I think he's available for anyone to sign. I'd sign him put him on the roster and move Worthington back to the practice squad.

Training a player takes resources. Time and energy that could be spent on another player who might not be facing a lengthy jail sentence and suspension afterwards. On the Roster??????? He is probably facing jail time and suspension with Goodell as Lord of the NFL.

I recognize his talent. Don't get me wrong. And I would agree a young Taamu is better than Worthington. I just question when and if he will become available with what he's facing and how much it will set him back...
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would find out 1st why he was released, than I would think about signing depending on the reason of him being released. We don't need another knuckle head or player who cant produce in the 3-4 system.

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://old.post-gazette.com/pg/12288/1269192-53.stm

Quote:
Police said that, due to his "extremely large size," Mr. Ta'amu was transported by police wagon to the Allegheny County Jail. He stands 6-feet, 3-inches tall and weighs 348 pounds, according to the Steelers website.

Police said a strong odor of alcohol was detected. Testing showed he had a blood-alcohol level of 0.196 percent.

How much do you have to drink if you weigh nearly 350 lbs to blow nearly a 0.20?!

Anyone who wants to sign this chucklehead should read the above article. He is alleged to have almost run over two cops, as well as injured a driver in a separate car. Yes, he's innocent until proven guilty. However, ask yourself: do you want this guy on the roster?

Oh, and turtle?
Quote:
Steelers General Manager Kevin Colbert issued a statement today saying: "We are disappointed to hear about the situation regarding Alameda Ta'amu. We will gather more facts before providing any further comment."

That was October 14, 2012. Less than a month later, they cut him. So, I suspect the facts they gathered were not what you would call all that good.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
http://old.post-gazette.com/pg/12288/1269192-53.stm

Quote:
Police said that, due to his "extremely large size," Mr. Ta'amu was transported by police wagon to the Allegheny County Jail. He stands 6-feet, 3-inches tall and weighs 348 pounds, according to the Steelers website.

Police said a strong odor of alcohol was detected. Testing showed he had a blood-alcohol level of 0.196 percent.

How much do you have to drink if you weigh nearly 350 lbs to blow nearly a 0.20?!

Anyone who wants to sign this chucklehead should read the above article. He is alleged to have almost run over two cops, as well as injured a driver in a separate car. Yes, he's innocent until proven guilty. However, ask yourself: do you want this guy on the roster?

Oh, and turtle?
Quote:
Steelers General Manager Kevin Colbert issued a statement today saying: "We are disappointed to hear about the situation regarding Alameda Ta'amu. We will gather more facts before providing any further comment."

That was October 14, 2012. Less than a month later, they cut him. So, I suspect the facts they gathered were not what you would call all that good.
i do know exactly what he did I've followed the story since day 1. I also know young 23 year old men make mistakes, I've made a few huge ones before in my 20s. He needs to do whatever he needs to do legal wise and rehab wise for sure but if Stallworth (who in his heart is also a good man) can return from killing a pedestrian, I believe Ta'amu can get through this and be the better man for it.

In his for years at Washington, I never heard any issues of him getting in trouble. I've heard and read interviews with him and learned about his family, he's a very good young man, reminds me of Nagata in that way. I think he's one of those guys that's worth taking a low risk claim on for a high reward next year.
footy_29

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not trying to totally dismiss Stallworth's case, but these two cases are entirely different and should not be compared. Leonard Little's case was worse than Stallworth - kids, don't j-walk a freeway.

Look, I wanted Ta'amu in the draft because I thought he could bring great value as a run-stopper. He was drafted about 40 picks after I thought he would be drafted, and with the Redskins pick that they traded to the Steelers rather than take him. Obviously, the Redskins did their homework because this guy is a loser.

Ta'amu is going to jail, and will be suspended. Every team should look the other way and let this bum get his punishment.

Blknite01's masterpiece
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm already none too pleased to have locker room with criminals like Brandon Meriweather and Tanard Jackson and hot heads like MeAngelo Hall, I'd prefer not to add to the powder keg any further signing Taamu.

Sig By Mike23md

Adopt A Skin

Leonard Hankerson
Santana Moss
Brandon Meriweather
Ktizzzlee21

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sign him, we need depth and talent throughout our defense. I believe we have the leadership to keep a kid who recently graduated in line. Besides tanard jackson we havnt had any problems with the law that i can think of.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ktizzzlee21 wrote:
sign him, we need depth and talent throughout our defense. I believe we have the leadership to keep a kid who recently graduated in line. Besides tanard jackson we havnt had any problems with the law that i can think of.
yeah I believe Ta'amu will learn. Everyone deserves a 2nd chance, but that's it. If we signed him, then he screws up again then I'd say bye bye.

As for Tanard. I do agree with you. I believe his trouble that hes being suspended for still stems from what he did in Tampa. I could be wrong, maybe he failed a drug test in training camp with us or something but its a wait and see with him.

Shanahan spoke highly of Tanard, so maybe there is some miracle that he tries out for the team next year and makes the team.

Who knows? Confused
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ktizzzlee21 wrote:

We don't even have the leadership to keep guys from taking stupid personal fouls and getting kicked out of the game on the field, what on earth leads us to believe we could keep people in line off the field.

Taamu is the kind of guy a well-run organization (like the Steelers for example) can take a chance, and the kind of guy a disaster of an organization should avoid at the risk of making things even worse. We're obviously the latter.

Sig By Mike23md

Adopt A Skin

Leonard Hankerson
Santana Moss
Brandon Meriweather
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ktizzzlee21 wrote:

We may need depth, but depth does us no good from the Prison Leagues.

Leave this guy alone and look for someone in Free Agency.

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: