Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10: The Bye Week
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Seemingly always my favorite week of the season

Me too. But right now the Bye is winning 7-0

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope they just scored on a 99 yard drive with a 72 yard pass by the jugs machine to the fishing net.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I would like to see happen but I know it won't

-Richard Crawford starting over Josh Wilson
-Keenan Robinson starting over London Fletcher
-Desmon Briscoe get more playing time
-Fire Haslett, promote Morris
-Keep giving Morris the ball
-No more Kedric Golston
-Release Cedric Griffin, bring back Brandyn Thompson
-Immediately release Madeiu Williams and insert Meriweather. I don't want Williams anywhere near this team.
-Release Keiland Williams, sign Steve Slaton
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:

-No more Kedric Golston
-Immediately release Madeiu Williams and insert Meriweather. I don't want Williams anywhere near this team.

When did we sign Keiland Williams?

I like Brandyn Thompson and wish he would have stayed at the FS spot.

Richard Crawford is a 7th round pick and needs a lot more coaching to see the starting role.

Morris is the secondary coach, and it is his unit that is giving up big plays and allowing us to suck on 3rd down conversions.

Keenan Robinson is not really a MLB and would be a nice WLB, if we converted to the 4-3.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Its the bye week, all we can talk about are changes we want made.

Maybe I'm the only one, but one thing I want to see the Redskins change is to have London Fletcher on Tight Ends less often. He has a height disadvantage, always has and he's neither as athletic as he has been in the past or tackling as well. I think it's time for coaches to adjust because Fletcher has struggled badly this year against Tight Ends. In the past he's been effective but I don't know how they're not seeing this pattern week to week.

Put Perry Riley on the Tight End side more often. He's bigger, healthier and more athletic and I think he stands a better chance of successfully defending these bigger Tight Ends. I'm frankly getting sick of seeing London struggle every week with no adjustments. It would help him out a lot to be the guy defending the running back in the flat more often and not Greg Olsen or whoever the Tight End is week to week.
London's problem is his injuries. You bring up a good point about Riley. It's worth a shot. Riley in the past has been horrible vs the pass though and slow to read/recognize it. I guess it's worth a try to see what happens. Like you said, he's younger, bigger, 2 inches taller, healthier and more athletic maybe that will solve some problems.

London's problem is he's older than dirt ! Lost a step or more ..He's always been short - now he's short and slow. Sad
he's also hurt! Most wouldn't have played the last two weeks but he did and now he's getting criticized by his own fan base! Shame on you. Seriously. I'm becoming pretty disappointed in being a redskins fan reading some of the hot garbage and overreaction that is being posted about our coaches and players the past few weeks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

-No more Kedric Golston

When did we sign Keiland Williams?
I like Brandyn Thompson and wish he would have stayed at the FS spot.

Richard Crawford is a 7th round pick and needs a lot more coaching to see the starting role.

Morris is the secondary coach, and it is his unit that is giving up big plays and allowing us to suck on 3rd down conversions.

Keenan Robinson is not really a MLB and would be a nice WLB, if we converted to the 4-3.

When we released Ryan Grant.

-Richard Crawford can't be worse. This is the perfect time to start developing him as he has flashed some pretty good coverage skills.

-I dislike Haslett very much and want him gone. If Morris ends up not improving the D than so what, at least Haslett has been rid of.

-Keenan Robinson is being groomed as Fletchers replacement. Its the reason he was drafted.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, I'm pretty sure they didn't call as many run plays in the 2nd half because Morris was shaken up with an injury and Royster looked ineffective.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:

he's not ready, if he was he would have been making plays when he played vs #3 and #4 Wrs when we are in the nickel. Inserting him now means our secondary gets worse. Especially inserting him over our best DB.

Quote:
again, Robinson isn't ready. I guess you are throwing in the towel also? Fletcher is hurt and if he sits out a game the guy who should start is Alexander. Not a 4th round rookie.

Quote:
why what has he proven? He's not better than Hank, moss nor Morgan

Quote:
Fire Haslett, promote Morris
see mike23md's answer. I wholeheartedly agree with him.

Quote:
Keep giving Morris the ball
I believe we will
Quote:
-No more Kedric Golston
are players not allow to recover from ACL injuries in the eyes if redskins fans? Give me an effin break! Ughh Twisted Evil

Quote:
I'd be for a return of he and Kevin Barnes. I never believed either should have been released in the first place. Both are young and can get better. C Griffin is done

Quote:
I don't agree. He has knowledge. I don't think he should be back for next year but right now we aren't eliminated from the playoffs, he still needs to play and he will.

Quote:
i believe Kyle would have done that if he thought he was an upgrade obviously they like Keiland for what he does on special teams and his toughness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Maybe I'm the only one, but one thing I want to see the Redskins change is to have London Fletcher on Tight Ends less often. He has a height disadvantage, always has and he's neither as athletic as he has been in the past or tackling as well. I think it's time for coaches to adjust because Fletcher has struggled badly this year against Tight Ends. In the past he's been effective but I don't know how they're not seeing this pattern week to week.

Put Perry Riley on the Tight End side more often. He's bigger, healthier and more athletic and I think he stands a better chance of successfully defending these bigger Tight Ends. I'm frankly getting sick of seeing London struggle every week with no adjustments. It would help him out a lot to be the guy defending the running back in the flat more often and not Greg Olsen or whoever the Tight End is week to week.
London's problem is his injuries. You bring up a good point about Riley. It's worth a shot. Riley in the past has been horrible vs the pass though and slow to read/recognize it. I guess it's worth a try to see what happens. Like you said, he's younger, bigger, 2 inches taller, healthier and more athletic maybe that will solve some problems.

London's problem is he's older than dirt ! Lost a step or more ..He's always been short - now he's short and slow. Sad
he's also hurt! Most wouldn't have played the last two weeks but he did and now he's getting criticized by his own fan base! Shame on you. Seriously. I'm becoming pretty disappointed in being a redskins fan reading some of the hot garbage and overreaction that is being posted about our coaches and players the past few weeks.

What do you mean "shame on you"? The only reason London even came back to the Redskins is because of the RGIII trade. He was perfectly content with leaving and we're supposed to feel sorry for him when father time catches up? He's been one hell of a player and I respect the heck out of him however we need to lose this ridiculous attachment to aging players. I do it myself, was really hurt when we cut Portis however looking back on it now the team made the right decision. I don't mean to seem like I'm attacking you Turtle but we as fans have to come to the realization that we are Redskins fans first, fans of the players second.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see Leribeus on the field. We took this guy in the 3rd and I'd like to see what he can do.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

What do you mean "shame on you"? The only reason London even came back to the Redskins is because of the RGIII trade. He was perfectly content with leaving and we're supposed to feel sorry for him when father time catches up? He's been one hell of a player and I respect the heck out of him however we need to lose this ridiculous attachment to aging players. I do it myself, was really hurt when we cut Portis however looking back on it now the team made the right decision. I don't mean to seem like I'm attacking you Turtle but we as fans have to come to the realization that we are Redskins fans first, fans of the players second.
i agree with the message, but right now London is injured. If a player is injured and playing through it for his teammates because he is the leader if the team, I believe we have a duty as fans to realize that, respect that and praise said player. When healthy, he's as good as he was last year, but he's not. Maybe this is his last year in DC but I'm just tired of people not realizing why his play has taken a dip. It has to do with an injury. Period! Wink
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins fans: calm down, breath. Read this opinion piece, be honest with yourselves the playoffs were a long shot this year. Any honest fan knew that.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/enough_is_enough_redskin_fans_we_knew_what_kind_of_team_we_had_going_into_this_season/12144952

Quote:
So, in summation Redskins fans, calm down. We knew the play-offs were a long shot this season and yes we had a nice start but the wheels have fallen off with a defense that couldn't afford any injuries and has been hammered with some severe ones. If next season with everyone healthy we're 3-6 again then I'll give you permission to go nuts but lets put the pitch forks and torches back in the shed. Try to enjoy the games on Sunday and if they play terribly turn it off and go do something constructive. Fly a kite, paint a picture, stuff bananas up the tail pipe of a Cowboys' fan's car. But by all means don't let the Skins give you an ulster, at least not this year's team.

21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Redskins fans: calm down, breath. Read this opinion piece, be honest with yourselves the playoffs were a long shot this year. Any honest fan knew that.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/enough_is_enough_redskin_fans_we_knew_what_kind_of_team_we_had_going_into_this_season/12144952

Quote:
So, in summation Redskins fans, calm down. We knew the play-offs were a long shot this season and yes we had a nice start but the wheels have fallen off with a defense that couldn't afford any injuries and has been hammered with some severe ones. If next season with everyone healthy we're 3-6 again then I'll give you permission to go nuts but lets put the pitch forks and torches back in the shed. Try to enjoy the games on Sunday and if they play terribly turn it off and go do something constructive. Fly a kite, paint a picture, stuff bananas up the tail pipe of a Cowboys' fan's car. But by all means don't let the Skins give you an ulster, at least not this year's team.

I didnt even read the article, but to agree here that the playoffs were a long shot but then in another forum say if not for the injury to Orakpo and Carriker we would be 6-3 (due to a improved D and us allowing less points) and in good position going forward for a playoff spot is very suspect.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

I didnt even read the article, but to agree here that the playoffs were a long shot but then in another forum say if not for the injury to Orakpo and Carriker we would be 6-3 (due to a improved D and us allowing less points) and in good position going forward for a playoff spot is very suspect.
if we are honest, the talent level of our team is 4th in the division.

I didn't expect us to score as much as we have before the season. I was wrong. We've scored a lot! If we had Orakpo, Carriker and Meriweather we would slow down and stop teams more. We'd get more pressure on opposing qbs and have our most talented safety.

What I did was go off of last years 23 points given up a game. Then put it up against how many points we've scored in every game this year. That's how I got to 6-3
Dashing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Seemingly always my favorite week of the season

^ This.

Also, just shut down Garcon. Get him healthy.

Yea Garcon on IR would be smart we are in no shape of playoff worthy we are just now in the season to be entertained on sundays . As for the bye week.......its a loss if we dont fire Jim. Infact I want shanny fired after the season too wwe have no energy nor good moves in FA or draft with him other than a couple picks from all three years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: