Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Next GM?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Any chance has Haslam is next GM?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
100%
 100%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 19

MetcalfUpMiddle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
HADEN4PREZIDENT wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
You're a good dude Haden.

It's just I would go on a massive killing spree if this happened.

Appreciate it dude. Almost didn't start this thread. Wish I didn't ha.

we'll just say you've been drinking

Who wouldnt after watching this crap today?
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
HADEN4PREZIDENT wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Appreciate it dude. Almost didn't start this thread. Wish I didn't ha.

we'll just say you've been drinking

Drinking is no exuse. I do my best work while drunk.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt that there are similarities between Haslam and Jerrah. They have very similar personalities, and they are both very into the nuts and bolts of football. If you've listened to a few of Haslam's interviews, it's pretty clear that he knows quite a bit about football.

That being said, I don't think he'll go the Jerry Jones route of becoming GM. The fact that his first move was to hire a guy like Banner says that he'll let football guys run the team. I'm sure he'll give his opinion often, but hopefully, he won't make the leap to becoming Jerrah Jones.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
JCBrowns21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
No doubt that there are similarities between Haslam and Jerrah. They have very similar personalities, and they are both very into the nuts and bolts of football. If you've listened to a few of Haslam's interviews, it's pretty clear that he knows quite a bit about football.

That being said, I don't think he'll go the Jerry Jones route of becoming GM. The fact that his first move was to hire a guy like Banner says that he'll let football guys run the team. I'm sure he'll give his opinion often, but hopefully, he won't make the leap to becoming Jerrah Jones.

Agree. He won't make himself GM, but he will manage this team.

Came across the quote below and it gives me comfort knowing he will be involved by managing the front office.

"He has the best of the best, but he doesn't turn it over to them. He is very engaged and very focused and goal-oriented and he drives himself hard. He's very competitive. He doesn't micro-manage them, but he certainly manages them."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/07/background_on_jimmy_haslam_iii.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

Owners should not management anything in a professional football world. There are plenty of people out there that can turn this into a winning football team. I think Heckert should stay. His drafts have been pretty damn good. We still have all of the 1sts and 2nds.. plus his later round players are turning out to be decent backups.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
TypicalBrowns10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLAbrownfan wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Agreed, I might just stand in front of candyman and let him put me out of misery.

I know why this came up, you were watching the dallas game with the jerry jones interview right?? My friend asked me if I thought haslam would be like him, I think he will be a big time owner and show his face and such, but he knows he is a businessman not a football guy-

And I'm just gonna stand behind him so its a 2 for 1.
pmk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:

I sure hope so for his sake. If he takes on a Jerrah role and fails Cleveland will eat him alive. Don't see that happening though when he brought in someone like Banner. Do I expect to see him in the draft room next April? You betcha but I bet Banner or someone else brought in as GM (or maybe Heckert?) will have final say on who's name goes up to the podium.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLAbrownfan wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Agreed, I might just stand in front of candyman and let him put me out of misery.

I know why this came up, you were watching the dallas game with the jerry jones interview right?? My friend asked me if I thought haslam would be like him, I think he will be a big time owner and show his face and such, but he knows he is a businessman not a football guy-

I think Haslem will be more like the guy on the other sideline in that game - Arthur Blank. Very involved, passionate, and visible, but smart enough to let the experts he hired make the football decisions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: