Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Player of the game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is the Player of the Game?
Roethlisberger
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
Redman
62%
 62%  [ 10 ]
Wallace
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Clark
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

HeySteelers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Player of the game Reply with quote

Ben Roethlisberger:
Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Rate
21 30 70.0 216 7.2 2 1 98.8

Ben looks so incredible this season its ridiculous. Another great game for Ben playing smart football. The int was really dumb and had me scratching my head. But with pressure in his face the majority of the day, he made quick intelligent reads and took what he could. He is really benefiting from Haley.

Issac Redman:
Att Yds Avg Lng TD
26 147 5.7 28 1

Giants came out blitzing ben, and Redman opened up the pass. He ran heavy low and hard. Really great game breaking tackles stiff arming defenders and resilient to being taken down. This is what a healthy Redman looks like.

Mike Wallace:
Rec Yds Avg Lng TD
3 66 22.0 51T 1

Losing 10 to 20 heading into the 4th quarter. We looked stale and like we would lose the game. Ben hits Wallace on a slant and he takes it to the house. This turned the entire mentality around for this team. Man is so fast. Need to see more plays like this from Wallace.

Ryan Clark:
Tackle

I couldn't find his tackles for loss stats, but i remember at least one, where he crashed the line of scrimmage went under the tackle to hit the RB behind the line. He set the tone for this team laying the bone crushing hit on Cruz in the beginning of the game and bringing fear the giants offense.

Honorable Mention:
Ike Taylor:
4 tackles, 1 pass defended, 1 int
Keenan Lewis:
1 tackle, 3 passes defended (not including that bogus PI call).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote other...for Rainey, his returns + E. Sanders kept us from never letting down in those situations where most teams very well would've.

...you have a forum resume?
stillersenat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote the O-line. Ben got sacked and hit, but still-the run blocking and facing a top D-line....

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
LTF

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad penalty calls be damned, I would've nominated Keenan Lewis from the D.
bbelan2343

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This poll shouldn't be won by stats. Not in the least bit.

Redmen, the OLine and the running game all won their battles... but #7 marched into the The Meadowlands and won the battle against Eli handily.

Ben gets my game ball.
Morons at the dollar store are selling dinosaurs for a buck

Let's go Pirates!!
Bobikus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The o-line collectively as a unit should get it for run blocking, but they understandably struggled in pass protection a bit against one of the best 4-3 lines.

To name a single player though? Wallace. That 51 yard catch and run seemed to be what completely swung the momentum back around in the 4th quarter.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think there is any one person to give it to.

Yesterday was the best team win Ive seen from us since 2010. The only other one close was the Pats game last year. But we faced more adversity this time and both the offense and defense stepped up as units.

I do agree with Bobikus that Wallace's play was probably the turning point in the game, but I wouldnt give him the game ball just for that. He had a key drop earlier, and while his speed is what made that play a TD, Ben clearly recognized the play was going to be there and got it to him quickly.

In the end, Id probably give the gameball to Tomlin/Haley/LeBeau. Outside of that horrible fake FG, the team was focused and didnt lose poise even after the refs gifted the Giants a couple scores. Thats good coaching.

This was a total team win. Loved every minute of it.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought there weren't any real standouts, good unity effort. If I had to pick one player, I'd pick Redman because he created 3rd and short distances, not too many 3rd and longs. And he sealed the game up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: