Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

5 Up / 5 Down
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Run blocking should be above Redman on everyones list IMO.

Redman was great, but this line just paved the way for 3 straight 100+ yard rushers.....all backups.

Ill do a 5/5 later.

Ohhh I usually don't rate mine in order!! Embarassed Embarassed

The only thing I didn't like abuot Simms was he seamed Pro-Steelers but the calls made it that way... I feel that way because Simms has been Pro-Patriots and Pro-Jets in previous games having a clear bias in some of his playcalling.

Pro-Steelers?? Really?? You mean the former GIANTS QB?? I disagree. I guess people don't mind his nonsense, but dislike Chris talking about the oline and singling out players.

Agreed.

Phil Simms is ANTI Steelers more often than not.

I know that. But today he was certainly Pro-Steelers which was my point. I mean he vehemently argued against all 3 calls on the Steelers in the 1st quarter where as another announcer would've just moved on. Simms was adamant about them going back and showing the Cruz "concussion".

Trust in the 4Bs: Ben, Bell, Blount and Brown!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Redman was great, but this line just paved the way for 3 straight 100+ yard rushers.....all backups.

Ill do a 5/5 later.

The only thing I didn't like abuot Simms was he seamed Pro-Steelers but the calls made it that way... I feel that way because Simms has been Pro-Patriots and Pro-Jets in previous games having a clear bias in some of his playcalling.

Pro-Steelers?? Really?? You mean the former GIANTS QB?? I disagree. I guess people don't mind his nonsense, but dislike Chris talking about the oline and singling out players.

Agreed.

I know that. But today he was certainly Pro-Steelers which was my point. I mean he vehemently argued against all 3 calls on the Steelers in the 1st quarter where as another announcer would've just moved on. Simms was adamant about them going back and showing the Cruz "concussion".

Well, I usually zone him out anymore. After years of listening to him talk us down, I just started to ignore him.

Today didnt seem too bad....but like I said, I dont listen to him much anymore.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simms largely made astute observations and intelligent, knowledgeable comments today. I prefer him over some others.

Ups
1 Run blocking is currently some of the beter in the NFL, what a shock.
2 Team didn't let the poor quality officiating get into their heads.
3 Redman and Rainey had superb games.
4 Passing D played really well despite the pass rush getting jammed up much of the time. Lewis is really progressing, did have one interference that was valid but overall did a great job. The safeties did their job well too. Ike caught the ball!
5 Return game is explosive and exciting on both punts and returns, field position was amazing at times.

Down
1 Poor quality of officiating, some of the worst I've ever seen for a huge game.
2 Injuries to Rainey and Brown. Think Brown will recover pretty quickly, Raineys's ribs may take awhile.
3 One really bad throw by Ben, but other than that nice game.
4 Ben took too many hits and sacks, but understandable considering the competition.
5 Baltimore won today.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UP:

1. Isaac Redman - Talk about running hard. Fought for every single yard and was difficult to bring down.
2. Run blocking - Right now they are driving players off the line of scrimmage. They are enforcing their will on opposing DLs. It's terrific to watch them dominate the past few weeks in this area.
3. Defense - Manning was a nonfactor in the game. They handled him with relative ease. Nicks had just one single catch. Conversely the Steelers #4 WR Cotchery had 4 for 50 and did a terrific job of filling in for Brown.
4. Composure - They didn't let calls or other factors like the injuries or the failed fake FG get to them mentally. I never got the impression that they were rattled. They kept it together nicely. Credit to them and the coaching staff for keeping their cool.
5. Return game - Great returns from Rainey and Sanders today that weren't negated by the usual penalties we see from that unit.

DOWN:

1. Injuries to Brown and Rainey - Hopefully they aren't major.
2. Bad officiating - I never want to hear Tuck ever whine about the officiating again after some of the crap we saw today. I don't like to complain about the refs but a couple of those calls were just horrendous.
3. Mike Adams pass protection - He got owned a couple of times today but he was going up against some outstanding players so it's understandable especially since he is only a rookie. The sacks he gave up he more than made up for in the run game. The OL has been improved with him in there though.
4. Fake FG - Much rather take the points there and if they wanted to go for it I rather have them just line up.
5. Fumble recovery that wasn't - Just fall on it Harrison. Don't try to make the spectacular play, just make the smart one.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
Leader O'Cola

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

up

1 Redman
2 OL as a group
3 Sanders
4 Wallace redemption
5 Suisham- clutch (except for the idiotic fake which wasn't his fault)

down
1 Tomlin- idiotic playcal on fake FG, and wasted 4-5 seconds (and hence, a snap) @ end of 1st half
2 Mundy - sucked on few snaps involved
3 Rainey- hurt on a possible late hit. not his fault, but if hes out our return game will suck again
4 AB- see #3 for the most part
5 Keisel- still getting manhandled too much
Bobikus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up

1. Tomlin - On the road with rough travel/lodging conditions, against a winning team, and with a first half with arguably 14 gifted points to his opponent he keeps the team level headed and composed enough for a 10 point comeback in the 4th.
2. OL Runblocking
3. Redman
4. Sanders
5. Wallace showing dat speed.

Down
1. Injuries
2. Pass blocking, admittedly against a good d-line
3. Ben's INT
4. Refs
5. Suisham's running.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIG DOWN-Having to lock the the GDT.

And if anyone wants to continue the arguments from that thread into this thread, warnings will be handed out.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
pghinsomniac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
BIG DOWN-Having to lock the the GDT.

And if anyone wants to continue the arguments from that thread into this thread, warnings will be handed out.

Why would you lock the thread when you could just temporarily ban the individual member? Not trying to be disrespectful, but I don't see the need to ruin good discussion when you could just starve the troll...
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down- The comparison between Big Ben and Eli Manning. I never understand why they were comparing them, when asked this question on facebook, many people answered: Eli is Peyton's brother. I'm assuming thats the population's belief, because he's a brother of Peyton's, sudden Eli is an elite quarterback.

Nope... Just nope.

P.S. not trying to stir up, just felt like it was something worth mentioning, I actually had to bet admirable amount of money with a friend whom is Giants fan and I had to explain how Eli and Big Ben are two different QBs, he didn't get it and kept saying "Big Ben has 2 SBs, so does Eli". sigh, gotta love NFL fans!
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Simms was surprisingly fair today compared to normal.

...you have a forum resume?
bbelan2343

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do a handful of up and a few down.

1. Running game - Play calling, play execution, individual executions.. all squads were ready to go.
2. Ike & KLew - Relentless for 4 quarters.
3. Rainey, Sanders, Cotchery, Foster - All getting more PT b/c of player injuries and all stepped up and made plays.
4. Answering the NYG's big plays - Responded to every big play or every iffy ref call or potential game changing turnover. Played with an "attitude to win" opposed to the "play not to lose" attitude we've fell into in the past.
5. It's easier to find the UPS, then the DOWNS
6. Heath is the best offensive player in the league that's never talked about.

1. Refs - Easy to say "just horribly bad ugly calls all night", but what bugged me the most, like in other games this season, is the inconsistency throughout the entire game. Same thing can bug the hell out of me in baseball with an Umps stikezone.
2. More injuries - When will this end... ?
Morons at the dollar store are selling dinosaurs for a buck

Let's go Pirates!!
bbelan2343

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
1. That was some of the best coverage on that Keenan Lewis penalty

I agree on the play, but not for the same reasoning.

Yes, great coverage was there, but you have to play the ball and the situation. On 3rd and long in the closing mintues of a half, it's very well known and expected that offenses will take a shot at a deep ball. It gives their playmakers a chance at a big play, or it gives the defense the chance to give a senseless free 40 yard penalty.

Pass interference is the toughest call for a Ref in the game. Possibly the toughest judgment call there is in any game.

Let's go Pirates!!
bbelan2343

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Ill do a 5/5 later.

Agreed.

Notice the trend with Nantz and Simms.. Pro Pats, Jets, Steelers, AFC...

The CBS guys can tend to favor the AFC, with Fox tending to favor the NFC. At least when it's conference vs conference.. Comes naturally when you call the same teams season after season.

Let's go Pirates!!
shawn l brown

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
UP

1. Our relentless attitude
2. Rainey's returns
3. Keenan Lewis, Ryan Clark & the secondary in general.
4. Emmanuel Sanders
5. Isaac Redman

DOWN
1. That was some of the best coverage on that Keenan Lewis penalty
2. The Clark penalty couldve possibly been a late hit but a sketchy call regardless and huge.
3. The fumble
4. Rainey injury?
5. The fake fg didnt work. I wouldnt call it as dumb as everybody makes it out to be, man talk about overreacting, not in the thought but in the harshness, holy $@%^&
I thought the fumble was BS but say it was the right call. Where was the clip at the ten.
xjayex

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up:
Running game
Wallace out running DB's with the angle
Defense

Down:
No matter how few ints Ben throws it feels like he's thrown 20+ on the season.
The early calls.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: