Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bitty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no rebuilding in NFL anymore look at the Colts,the Seahawks,Tampa Bay, Miami and Washington.
There's just good coaches and bad.
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Transcript of a few things from DA.

- Spencer & Barnes might hit the practice field tomorrow, but are still questionable.

- Bergstrom might take over for the struggling Willie Smith at RT.

- T. Jones being converted to CB is something that crossed DA's mind, but unlikely.

- Flat out "No" when asked about Stanford Routt. Laughing
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love T. Jones' running ability. But he does need to learn how to hold onto the football and I can't blame the staff for not being confident in his ability to do that, yet. Hopefully they let him keep working on it.
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Darkness wrote:
This didn't end up costing us and actually worked, but does anyone know why we kept going for it on 4th down instead of kicking a FG when we were trailing by 10? Is that the way you're supposed to play it?

We were trailing by 11. If it was 10 we would have went for the FG definitely.

Why does 1 point make a difference in this situation?

Gives you the chance to win/take the lead in two possession. Kick the field goal and the best you can do is tie.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
I love T. Jones' running ability. But he does need to learn how to hold onto the football and I can't blame the staff for not being confident in his ability to do that, yet. Hopefully they let him keep working on it.

That's how I see it too. Kinda is a bummer not seeing him out there but his ball security needs to improve first. Ironic how Goodson got the job over him because of that Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
The Ugly: of all the coaching hires this past off-season, Dennis Allen has been the worst.

EDIT: HC hirings

Patch work O Line, Patch work LB's, Patch work CB's, Patch work back up RB's, Patch work TE's, no money to spend, no draft pick till the end of the 3rd round only because supplemental pick who else had to deal with this ?

What does any of that have to do with hiring Greg Knapp?

YOu don't get it do you? How many OC's find success with a patchwork players. That's kinda of the point, but you'd rather blame Knapp than look at where the roster is thin.

The Raiders are REBUILDING. That means, they lack talent and need to find more. This was alway going to worse before getting better. But posters like you who don't think objectively about the one season over the next thought the team was ready for the playoffs, when in fact they were never even close.

big_palooka wrote:
Not me. Never said Knapp needed a few seasons. Laughing Laughing

I hated when Knapp was hired. He had 'some' talent but can't use it.

I think we can both agree that Knapp's terrible. Just had to bring up that quote so you don't miss the bigger picture.

Dennis Allen had a chance to build a foundation starting this season through coaching stability. So regardless of what you think about our talent or what our record should be, it doesn't change that we have one of the worst OC's in the league, who needs to be fired after the season. That's not the way any of us wanted to see the new regime start. Do you get what I'm trying to say?

I get what you are trying to say, but you are beating a dead horse. Every thread is about piling on Knapp and we all get it.

But until proven otherwise, he is the OC and will likely be next year is my guess.

If you get what I'm trying to say, why are you trying to make this about Knapp, when I've only been criticizing Allen in this thread? Why would you bring up how we're rebuilding, when you can't rebuild without a stable coaching foundation?

If a boss hires a well known poor employee to run half the company, and that poor employee does a poor job, where does the problem really lay? If Knapp is brought back next season, we might as well fire Dennis Allen now because he's waisting our time.

Because it's ignorant to criticize a rookie head coach in 8 games. Further ignorant that you ignore the major disadvantages he was given in his rookie season. And the cherry on the ignorant sundae you won't shut up about Knapp, ever.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
There is no rebuilding in NFL anymore look at the Colts,the Seahawks,Tampa Bay, Miami and Washington.

The colts were built around Manning, when they lost him they lost everything that made them good. Now that they have Luck, (who is the next elite QB) they got their QB back, they literally lucked out.

Tampa has had a lot of good talent on both sides of the ball, they augmented it in the offseason, don't forget I think it was two years ago they were a 10-6 team.

Miami has a very strong defense, any time with a good defense can be a great team. Dont't let their wins fool you they haven't really beaten a lot of great teams.

Don't let RG3's fast start fool you, the kid's good don't get me wrong, but Shannahan has been running the baylor offense. That will only work for so long and when teams can gameplan it watch out because it won't be pretty. Just ask Cam Newton.

Seattle, don't make me laugh. Sure they went to the playoffs a few years ago, but didn't they go as the first team with a losing record? Come on son they aren't a finished product either.
holyghost

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:

Yeah, let's look at them. They had drafts, high pick drafts. We didn't. All of their success is based on the success of their high picks.
So let's leave the judging of "good coaches and bad" to teams that have the resources - the normal resources - to shape their rosters. Fair to judge Allen after this offseason and based on next year, because then he will at least have had a legitimate chance to bring in his personnel.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:

All those teams had more talent across their rosters when those coaches took over.

Washington and Seattle took their lumps in their coaches rookie seasons but had draft picks and money to play in FA game and now have decent rosters.

Tampa, Miami and Indy were all talented playoff teams not long ago. They too had money, draft picks to build to their already talented rosters.

Oakland has been bad for a generation. They had no cap space, no draft picks and had to cut players or let walk in FA to get in line. And you expect a coach to come in and make an impact in 8 games?

The ignorance and impatience around here is vomit inducing.

Allen is a good coach and his time will come. He's a rookie with a bad roster of talent and limited resources to improve it. Give him a year or two of FA's and draft picks to round out the roster.

Look at Tampa. Shiano comes in, gets 2 first round picks, Nicks and Vjack in FA. Imagine if Allen had that luxury by comparison. Philbin inherits a solid defense and lands his QB in year 1. Indy gets one of the best QBs in years #1 overall and puts him on a team that was a winner until Manning was injured. Are you honestly shocked those teams are doing well? They were good teams that got a boost in the draft and a new coach.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you 2 even wasting your time on that rebuilding post? Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
bitty wrote:

The colts were built around Manning, when they lost him they lost everything that made them good. Now that they have Luck, (who is the next elite QB) they got their QB back, they literally lucked out.

Tampa has had a lot of good talent on both sides of the ball, they augmented it in the offseason, don't forget I think it was two years ago they were a 10-6 team.

Miami has a very strong defense, any time with a good defense can be a great team. Dont't let their wins fool you they haven't really beaten a lot of great teams.

Don't let RG3's fast start fool you, the kid's good don't get me wrong, but Shannahan has been running the baylor offense. That will only work for so long and when teams can gameplan it watch out because it won't be pretty. Just ask Cam Newton.

Seattle, don't make me laugh. Sure they went to the playoffs a few years ago, but didn't they go as the first team with a losing record? Come on son they aren't a finished product either.

As of right now Palmer is a better quarterback than anyone from the other teams and we have as have better running back.

You're getting confused between poor coaching and lack of talent. If the Raiders had a good coach he can make up for some of the shortcomings on both sides of the ball but we don't we have new coaches with no experience and the shortcomings show.

All these teams have more wins than the Raiders have this season and didn't look as pathetic as the Raiders. They are showing improvement the one thing the Raiders haven't.

Last edited by bitty on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
dante9876

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
bitty wrote:

As of right now Palmer is a better quarterback than anyone from the other teams and we have as have better running back.

You're getting confused between poor coaching and lack of talent. If the Raiders had a good coach he can make up for some of the shortcomings on both sides of the ball but we don't we have new coaches with no experience and the shortcomings show.

The defense is better this year than last with less talent. What are you talking about?
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins are 3-6. Confused
dante9876

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Redskins are 3-6. Confused

Laughing Laughing
bitty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
bitty wrote:

The defense is better this year than last with less talent. What are you talking about?

All these teams have more wins than the Raiders have this season and didn't look as pathetic as the Raiders. They are showing improvement the one thing the Raiders haven't.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: